AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

For those who were in Brooklyn back in the 90s -early 2000s. Fulton st had those ocky store who used to get jordans super early. But they would charge 3-4 hundred for em.

This is where Fab used to get alot of his kicks early. It wasn't unusual to see a pair of that wasn't coming out for a few months .

I don't know if those guys were selling the first "reps" that were indistinguishable from retail or not. Or they just had the connect?

Definitely was a time to be alive... I bought the ginger xivs like 2 months early.. paid like 250... at the time which was a BIG deal

Know a guy who owned one of those stores. Shoes were real. They had to pay a premium to their JB rep to get their allocations. The early prices were to help offset that premium.

For those who were in Brooklyn back in the 90s -early 2000s. Fulton st had those ocky store who used to get jordans super early. But they would charge 3-4 hundred for em.

This is where Fab used to get alot of his kicks early. It wasn't unusual to see a pair of that wasn't coming out for a few months .

I don't know if those guys were selling the first "reps" that were indistinguishable from retail or not. Or they just had the connect?

Definitely was a time to be alive... I bought the ginger xivs like 2 months early.. paid like 250... at the time which was a BIG deal
Fakes back then looked horrible so they were probably real.

I remember them buying up all the inventory from foot action and footlocker on release day, and holding their stock for a week or two after release. Then they'd beat dudes over the head on price when everyone else sold out knowing they'd be desperate.

Those were the days…it was a good 10-15 shops all down Fulton trying to find the best price

Yea same for me. This was the release that turned me off to the brand completely. I definitely bought those 88 white cement 3s in 2013 as well as some of the OG 1s they released during that time (royals, breds). But yea it took them 7 years to come out with something that was even remotely compelling and you’re spot on with the space jams. That was the first objectively GOOD release since 2001.
I think things hit rock bottom in like 2009/2010 in terms of quality, materials and shape. And boy was those mid 2010’s BC 3 horrible…in every way and that goofy glossy paint job. Such as horrible rendition. Nike shoulda been fined for how bad that was smh

Not only was the shade of red so laughably faded I also I said this numerous times, the fit was horrible on these too! Legit the only time I had to go up half a size in a pair of 13's.

Bruh! You ain’t never lied! This retro was so definitely cut a half to a whole size small. Some pairs are more narrow than others smh. My pair ain’t been worn in at least 5 years lol

Yeah I couldn't even keep em everything about em was horrible lol

Bruh the bred 13s toe lookin a lil excited 😂 👀

I remember taking mine back for a refund lol

Local resale shop got some bc3 in today....some pairs look straight af...guess we gotta dig through a few to get a winner...like the wc3. Let the Easter egg hunt begin lmao....need the shock drop to return. I'm feeling halloween weekend 🔥

We need black red 13’s back again with Playoff shape and the bright true red. Easily a top 10 Jordan all time for me.

Not trying to derail the thread so this is the last time I'll bring it up. I just wanna show y'all how HORRENDOUS the 2017 retro is...

The 1998's (OG's) ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

20230224_175351.jpg

The 2004 retro.

20230224_180057.jpg

The 2017 retro (Straight up atrocities...)

20230224_180627.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Not only was red shade off, thee shoe was lower cut, causing no room for the rest of it's design. In doing that, it caused 3M mesh towards toe box to be cut shorter and making the shoe look ugly overall with no choice but to make the toes long and curved up.

This is why I've literally past on EVERY pair of 13's in the last 7 to 8 years. I was forced to pass on the nice colorways because I refused to buy them looking this F'd up.

Also, before y'all praise to 2023 Playoff retros, most of the pair STILL have ALL of this same problem. It's just not as noticeable.

My pair of them...

20230221_212020.jpg

As you can see, the right shoe leather panel towards the toe is almost spot on along with the nice slanted toe box. However the left shoe's panel is too short and has a bulbous *** toe box.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

💯💯💯💯

Not trying to derail the thread so this is the last time I'll bring it up. I just wanna show y'all how HORRENDOUS the 2017 retro is...

The 1998's (OG's) ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

20230224_175351.jpg

The 2004 retro.

20230224_180057.jpg

The 2017 retro (Straight up atrocities...)

20230224_180627.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Not only was red shade off, thee shoe was lower cut, causing no room for the rest of it's design. In doing that, it caused 3M mesh towards toe box to be cut shorter and making the shoe look ugly overall with no choice but to make the toes long and curved up.

This is why I've literally past on EVERY pair of 13's in the last 7 to 8 years. I was forced to pass on the nice colorways because I refused to buy them looking this F'd up.

Also, before y'all praise to 2023 Playoff retros, most of the pair STILL have ALL of this same problem. It's just not as noticeable.

My pair of them...

20230221_212020.jpg

As you can see, the right shoe leather panel towards the toe is almost spot on along with the nice slanted toe box. However the left shoe's panel is too short and has a bulbous *** toe box.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

💯💯💯💯
My pair of 2004s are falling apart, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy the 2017s because of how bad the red looked.

Back
Top Bottom