Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Flaws.lol

And the date on the tag I believe says 06. That's why. It was like 6 years ago...who can remember.

Yes, flaws. My 07 pair were flawless compared to my 2013s. Oh did I mention my right pair has a bad PREcrease on the toe area? Dammit!

These are sitting big time around Dallas area.

I went into FTL at 8pm and got an 11.5 with military discount, $140 out the door. Still disgusted that the 07s were $125 and we are paying $35 more.

However, I like the 2013 pair much better with the soft (p)leather, over the hard unflexible on my 07s.

Haha, exactly. People complaining about cement thickness and a few strands of thread coming off is a bit ridiculous. Quality control has always been an issue with Jordan's. nothing new.

True, but the pair they tried to give me was just plain crooked. the shoe right was in a gangsta lean.. a strand or small glue stain doesnt really bother me, but when I open the box and those joints look like obvious garbage, then its a problem.

Yeah, because when people talk about the release date of a sneaker, they're always referring to the production number on the tag, not the date they released in stores lol

Maybe, but mostly everyone refers to the release year.

WAS SMALL TALKING A COUPLE SHOP EMPLOYEE TODAYS IN MY AREA AND MOST WERE SAYING THEY DONT LIKE THE 3s PERSONALLY.....THATS WIERD TO ME...FUNNY A LOT OF PEOPLE SKIP OUT ON THE CLASSIC COLOR WAYS IN MY AREA
I agree with them. 8 colorways total that I like. Which is by far the most of the models I think are "okay".

Oh and another thing regarding connects, I have a few of them, and I have NEVER tipped them anything up front before I got hooked up. That is crazy to me.

After I get hooked up, I throw them a few bucks, or buy em lunch, but AFTER.

roll.gif
at people passing on an OG 3 colorway for Green Glows hahahaha, I'll take it!
i only passed because of the katrinas

I love when people talk production numbers equal easy cop. How about this release was similar to the fire red 4s last year due to not many people wanting them. A store near me still has a FSR and they only sold a few.

Maybe, but mostly everyone refers to the release year.

I know... I was being sarcastic in my reply to that other post. I've been collecting for 20 years and have never even looked at a production tag, other than to verify the shoe size.

If u guys want connects at local spots all u gotta do is go to a store where the employees are paid comission (shoe palace, shiekh, etc) Go in and talk to the manager or whoevers in charge-make sure thereres nobody elsr around..ask em if they can reserve u a pair in your sizr, then he will likely say sure u just gotta buy $40 worth of tees or a bunch of cleaner and waterproof spray...this works for most releases obviously not all tho.

is it a sin to put gray laces in these?
I'm sure the Big-Man-Upstairs wouldn't mind. Although, there is the 10 Commandments for J's you should be aware of :lol:

1.Thou shall not resell or become resellers for profit
2. Thou may never use BOTS
3. All J's shall be done as those were done before them
4. Thou ought not keep J's Deadstock
5. Thou must keep J's factory, including laces
6. Sole swapping may only be done by those who have sole
7. He who casts custom paint shall be open for flaming
8. Never use Hypebeast in vain
9. He must not ask what clothes to wear, where to find them, or how others shall wear their shoes as he was made to be a Man, not a Woman
10. Buy J's because of love, not because of hype
:rofl:

Last edited:
These pics make me realize how cool 3's look when they get beat up.  Of course I'm going to try and keep mine fresh for as long as possible, but I'm starting to see a little wear doesn't look that bad.

I'm sure the Big-Man-Upstairs wouldn't mind. Although, there is the 10 Commandments for J's you should be aware of :lol:

1.Thou shall not resell or become resellers for profit
2. Thou may never use BOTS
3. All J's shall be done as those were done before them
4. Thou ought not keep J's Deadstock
5. Thou must keep J's factory, including laces
6. Sole swapping may only be done by those who have sole
7. He who casts custom paint shall be open for flaming
8. Never use Hypebeast in vain
9. He must not ask what size, what clothes, where to find them, or how others shall wear their shoes as he was made to be a Man, not a Woman
10. Buy J's because of love, not because of hype
:rofl:

Lol repped and true on so many levels

True, but the pair they tried to give me was just plain crooked. the shoe right was in a gangsta lean.. a strand or small glue stain doesnt really bother me, but when I open the box and those joints look like obvious garbage, then its a problem.

Lmao. Yeah yours were pretty bad. And I get that we are paying 160+ and we expect a quality shoe but sometimes the complaints are very...insignificant. I saw some dude in another thread that complained to nike because a few strands of thread of the jumpman on his 5's were showing. To me, a valid complaint is something that alters the look of the shoe significantly.

Why do you say that's funnier?  xx8's are built better for performance, ask Russell Westbrook who was flying up and down the court with em before he got injured.

Retros may work just fine, but they're just not built for consistent wear n tear like that.  Don't know why anyone would put them through that over and over.
it's way overkill and wayyyyy overpriced. it's just funny to me, especially dudes just playing recreationally. I ball in black bottom 9s, nubuck 12s, cdp 14s, and cdp 11s and I don't have a problem with any of them It just annoys me when people complain about playing in retros who probably aren't even that good

it's way overkill and wayyyyy overpriced. it's just funny to me, especially dudes just playing recreationally. I ball in black bottom 9s, nubuck 12s, cdp 14s, and cdp 11s and I don't have a problem with any of them It just annoys me when people complain about playing in retros who probably aren't even that good

It may just be me, but I can barely wear a retro J casually for a whole day. But I have really flat feet.

I know some people want to ball in their retros because of the memories of back in the day, and I can respect that.

I don't even play basketball anymore, but for those who do I would think the modern shoes are better protection for your feet too.  And when I talk about retros being used for play, I've mainly got the 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s 7s and 8s in mind.  I mean, a missing forefoot air insole?  Really?

Just get some LeBron Soldiers or something if you're worried about paying too much
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom