Air Jordan 3 Retro AS NRG Thread

Bid was accepted on SX for $425. Happy to have these on the way.

Now wondering if i should pick up the JTH before they rise any more
or wait on potential additional drops.

Been debating as well. Currently for a sz 12 looking at about $1k.

Was trying to hold out for a pair for $400 or less but it looks like that wont happen anymore. Can anyone point me in the direction of an 11.5 for a great price???

My first pair will be here today from stockx. I paid resell for 2 pairs. I was able to get 2013s with ease here in Houston back in 2013, so I didnt mind paying the resell if I had to. My 2013s are getting old and Ive always been a sucker for WC 3s with Nike Air.

As far as quality goes, specifically the leather, if the Free Throw Line pair is built similar to the Black Cement, then 88s win in that department. The perforated ankle collar and mudguard on the 88s were leather, a low grade tough leather, but leather nonetheless. The BC and Im pretty sure the FTL has pleather(Vinyl Feeling) on the mudguard and the ankle collar.

Last edited:
A little late to the party, but some pics of my pair.

IMG_20180226_115611.jpg
IMG_20180226_115633.jpg

BE97D5E3-9E60-4E47-B717-DE83616D4450.jpeg
412F8D18-F08A-4974-A7AE-30C8603C5A10.jpeg
Hey guys just wanna see if anyone else has a crappy pair from StockX like me. To be honest Idk how this passed the quality check with creases on the right shoe or am I just overreacting here
These are beautiful. Your foot inside the shoe should remedy that. I'm particular as they come, but these are FRESH.

If you don't already have a pair of 88s, it would be a complete waste of money to invest in a pair now.

They were released at the tail end of one of the most horrific eras of JB quality in 2013.

There will almost certainly be a fresh retro coming out shortly with the proper 2-piece rubber application of "Nike Air", instead of the atrocious single-molded, painted on version.

It's funny that everyone is lauding the quality on the 2013 pair now, when everyone was completely trashing it back in the day.

It was a welcome surprise at the time, but certainly not at the level of this year's AJ3 retros.

If you don't already have a pair of 88s, it would be a complete waste of money to invest in a pair now.

They were released at the tail end of one of the most horrific eras of JB quality in 2013.

There will almost certainly be a fresh retro coming out shortly with the proper 2-piece rubber application of "Nike Air", instead of the atrocious single-molded, painted on version.

It's funny that everyone is lauding the quality on the 2013 pair now, when everyone was completely trashing it back in the day.

It was a welcome surprise at the time, but certainly not at the level of this year's AJ3 retros.

88s were good quality tho

Now if we’re talking 2011’s, those were terrible

Most people was not complaining about the actual quality of the '88's, there were complaints about the craftsmanship of mismatched elephant print for the most part. The elephant print on both of my pairs was solid. The leather quality was definitely solid.

Back
Top Bottom