Air Jordan 3 Retro AS NRG Thread

I can’t keep up.
The JT 3s have the Nike sign.
Free throw line 3s are a different pair? They’re not just OG white cements?
They have a clear sole and point total (147) for the dunk contest on the tongue.

I can’t keep up.

The JT 3s have the Nike sign.
Free throw line 3s are a different pair? They’re not just OG white cements?

RedStripe.jpg

Not even 1% of the people watching him perform went after those shoes.
That’s why it’s called a purchase funnel buddy (and yes I know it’s a fairly established and even outdated concept in certain circles but it’s valid here). Really wide at the top and really small at the bottom. The super bowl is just the widest entry point into that funnel Nike could hope for. Even if it’s .1%, the initial awareness is bigger than any thing else. If they dropped it without any Super Bowl integration at all it still would have sold out in seconds given the supply. This was very clearly a broad awareness play aka fill up the widest part of the funnel.

Off topic a little. I tried to get those minutes after the SB halftime performance. Failed obviously. Next day so many people at work were saying they thought of me while watching the halftime noticing JT was wearing Js. So even non Jordan fans knew he was wearing an Air Jordan. That's very good marketing by Nike in my opinion.

i trust Nike marketing over dudes over here crying bout just timberlake as if the majority of those who want these want them because of Timberlake.

i trust Nike marketing over dudes over here crying bout just timberlake as if the majority of those who want these want them because of Timberlake.
People that want these want them because its an exclusive Nike Air Jordan white cement 3. Has nothing to do with Timberlake wearing them. Nike just used him to show them off on one the biggest stages possible.

exactly. people acting like they made the lining some material to replicate his ramen noodle hair from n sync

People that want these want them because its an exclusive Nike Air Jordan white cement 3. Has nothing to do with Timberlake wearing them. Nike just used him to show them off on one the biggest stages possible.

People who want em will always want em...the people who never cared, who watched the Super Bowl, who reached to their sneaker head friends and said did you see those shoes, where you then said “they’re ridiculous, I tried to get em but couldn’t, only 520 pairs,” then they said oh damn! ( assume that the buzz is maintained/reinforced), and now the non sneaker heads now have some sense of what a Jordan 3 is.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, and the bc3 drops, and now it’s on the radar of people who never would have cared because of the cultural context In which the JTH was introduced and you have even more people clamoring for the bc3 cause it’s allows them to taste some of that excitement their sneakerfriends felt around halftime and gives them just a little bit credibility. You gave them reason to care. That’s why this matters. It took a meaningful moment for a lot of people and wrapped an unrelated product in relevance on terms comfortable to them.

People who want em will always want em...the people who never cared, who watched the Super Bowl, who reached to their sneaker head friends and said did you see those shoes, where you then said “they’re ridiculous, I tried to get em but couldn’t, only 520 pairs,” then they said oh damn! ( assume that the buzz is maintained/reinforced), and now the non sneaker heads now have some sense of what a Jordan 3 is.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, and the bc3 drops, and now it’s on the radar of people who never would have cared because of the cultural context In which the JTH was introduced and you have even more people clamoring for the bc3 cause it’s allows them to taste some of that excitement their sneakerfriends felt around halftime and gives them just a little bit credibility. You gave them reason to care. That’s why this matters. It took a meaningful moment for a lot of people and wrapped an unrelated product in relevance on terms comfortable to them.
trust this man. he does do this for a living.

Last edited:

....OK. So because it means something to me and I make a big deal of it. Your saying it casually is a big deal to someone else? Cool then. Near everyone in my factory knows I'm the "Jordan guy". So with that, they notice and could bring more hype to the product? Such as BC3s..? My brain is hurting right now.

In short

Nike used inception on a whole lot of F’n people. Lol

Nope...

For all we know it was only 10 pairs on SNKRS. They only sold out quick because J23 twitted they are releasing some time on that day. That got the bots rolling. That was the only reason I even payed attention to them. Other than that, I though he had on 88s until I saw the bottom. The average super bowl watcher (notice I didn’t say sports fan) didn’t pay any attention to what JT had on.

Nope...

For all we know it was only 10 pairs on SNKRS. They only sold out quick because J23 twitted they are releasing some time on that day. That got the bots rolling. That was the only reason I even payed attention to them. Other than that, I though he had on 88s until I saw the bottom. The average super bowl watcher (notice I didn’t say sports fan) didn’t pay any attention to what JT had on.
Disagree had about 8 people at sb party ask me what shoes he had on ranging from ages 25-55

This makes sense.

Non sneakerheads also asked about the kicks because the shows around the super bowl mentioned the nike releases.

I paid more attention to the kicks bc i knew they were dropping most knew. Plus Eff the NFL.

....OK. So because it means something to me and I make a big deal of it. Your saying it casually is a big deal to someone else? Cool then. Near everyone in my factory knows I'm the "Jordan guy". So with that, they notice and could bring more hype to the product? Such as BC3s..? My brain is hurting right now.

Regular guy: Hey jordan guy you see what JT was wearing during superbowl
Jordan guy: FML yes, rode the L train straight from his performance to the SNKRS app. So annoyed, theres only 500 pairs or something, they're dope, tinker this, white cement that, dunk contest, yadda yadda
Regular guy: only 500, that's crazy, tinker...hmmm, ive seen that dunk... yah everyones talking about em, i dont even follow this stuff but it showed up on my instagram feed
Jordan guy: yah they're like selling for 2500 bucks now, its ridiculous
Regular guy: that is insane...I knew something was cool about em, but didnt realize they were worth so much...and what's a StockX?

So now you have regular people dialed into something that they normally wouldn't have been, theres a shared experience between the regular guys and the jordan guys. This is the key - Nike has woven something that sneakerheads are gonna flip over, seamlessly into the fabric of the regular guys life, through a relevant moment...maybe the most feel-good relevant moment in "murica

Even if the regular guys dont know jordan guy, they probably heard something on the news, or in social, or in ________. Point is they're now far more aware than normal. Thats thats by Fiat Chrysler pays 37 million dollars to be in the game (yes 37MM). Only the way nike did it, is far more efficient.

So with a product that could only meet the demand of 1% of 1% of the people out there, you've now broadened your potential audience beyond sneaker, and sneaker culture to mainstream culture. I dont think Nike had much to worry about with sellout of BC3, but I can guarantee that there will be a healthy amount of halo from the JTH spectacle that brings in buyers who never would have considered the BC3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom