Air Jordan 3 Retro AS NRG Thread

Nope...

For all we know it was only 10 pairs on SNKRS. They only sold out quick because J23 twitted they are releasing some time on that day. That got the bots rolling. That was the only reason I even payed attention to them. Other than that, I though he had on 88s until I saw the bottom. The average super bowl watcher (notice I didn’t say sports fan) didn’t pay any attention to what JT had on.
It was a coordinated event...starting with JT's pregame posts lacing them up, to nike PR sharing pictures, to the content in the app, to the appearance on Jimmy Fallon, pop up stores, celebrity photos, this whole thing is a beautifully coordinated operation. If you think that J23 was the catalyst for any of this, you're missing the entire machine behind all of this. J23 is just a news amplifier...for the most part he gets whatever nike wants him to get.

I was watching with my friends (non-sneakerheads) and they asked what they were.
After his performance they witnessed me take my L and saw what resale became within the hour.
They asked what's the next pair coming out like that because they want them. Boom. Nike Effect.

This is hilarious. All this to sell Black Cement 3s right. How about it was just to promote JTs tour and him just being back on the scene, while also appealing to a newer crowd. Those shoes the only reason he on NikeTalk and the added traffic on his website....nothing to do with Black Cement 3s

way before. RIP to the SNKRS mole. dude def got fired lol

Yup

I got wind of it way before and told my buddies to try and they didn’t believe me :lol: they went into snkrs app and was like where are they? I don’t see anything :lol:

Yup

I got wind of it way before and told my buddies to try and they didn’t believe me :lol: they went into snkrs app and was like where are they? I don’t see anything :lol:
LMAO. some of my homies tried too.

They was like bruh was this u trolling to get us to watch a timberlake mini concert.

LMAO

This is hilarious. All this to sell Black Cement 3s right. How about it was just to promote JTs tour and him just being back on the scene, while also appealing to a newer crowd. Those shoes the only reason he on NikeTalk and the added traffic on his website....nothing to do with Black Cement 3s
were not dissecting what JT is doing from a business perspective, he obviously gains tremendously, the whole thing has to be mutually beneficial...thats obvious. Were looking at what nike gets from this.

What's most interesting is that while his album has been universally eviscerated, his MOTW merchandise deals with brands like Nike, Levis, Warby Parker, Heron Preston, etc will probably inspire a new kind of retail+entertainment coordination. This is a money making album...and not from the music.

What other tangent do you wanna pull into this, his ASCAP royalties? lol, let's keep it to how this plays into the kicks...the most important thing from all of this was Nike sneakers, mega amounts of shared eyeballs and lots of tactics to amplify/sustain hype...JT was the right catalyst and the narrative they built is simply great mutually beneficial marketing.

It has everything to do with black cement 3s most of you are just clueless that’s why you end up with 70% garbage in your collections.

were not dissecting what JT is doing from a business perspective, he obviously gains tremendously, the whole thing has to be mutually beneficial...thats obvious. Were looking at what nike gets from this.

What's most interesting is that while his album has been universally eviscerated, his MOTW merchandise deals with brands like Nike, Levis, Warby Parker, Heron Preston, etc will probably inspire a new kind of retail+entertainment coordination. This is a money making album...and not from the music.

What other tangent do you wanna pull into this, his ASCAP royalties? lol, let's keep it to how this plays into the kicks...the most important thing from all of this was Nike sneakers, mega amounts of shared eyeballs and lots of tactics to amplify/sustain hype...JT was the right catalyst and the narrative they built is simply great mutually beneficial marketing.

Nike isn’t using him to market the Black Cements man. Matter fact I just saw the first ever commercial for a retro in my life. It was on Snapchat but it was MJ and Spike Lee. Justin Timberlake no where to be found...as it should be

For a long time JB had a “face of the franchise” in MJ, but sadly the face is getting blurry and the way Adidas uppercutted Nike the last few years, Nike knew it need to strike back fast. Super Bowl was the biggest event to start 2018, & so they pounced at it. Was JT the solution? Or just a quick stop-gap? Too early to tell.... but none the less it’s going to be a collective effort to obtain the eye of the consumer. From sports/athletes, entertainers (IE:Reviewers, YT’s, Bloggers) celebrities, & social media (us) for Nike to have both hands on the steering wheel of their sales.

Nike isn’t using him to market the Black Cements man. Matter fact I just saw the first ever commercial for a retro in my life. It was on Snapchat but it was MJ and Spike Lee. Justin Timberlake no where to be found...as it should be
AAEB0DAF-C561-424B-8EFD-78427855CE88.gif

Please tell me you’re not serious/trolling

Back
Top Bottom