Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

1718247432745.jpeg

The design is simple which I can see diluting the impression of a luxury sneaker, but the materials in pics and videos so far have definitely looked on the higher end. Even the perforated tongue looks higher quality than most Jordans of the past 15 years.

I just hope these aren't artificially limited upon release to go with the marketing of a luxury performance shoe cause I'd like to at least give them a chance.

stolen from the lakers thread

Look good on Rui. Boring AF but growing on me. Price cannot be abided by though

Looks like Jordan Brand got him in these early. Wore his PE of the 36 all season during the last two seasons of the 37 and 38 run. Would see pictures of him in the 38 during pregame and practice, this season. Then once the game started, PE 36's. And then when the playoffs started, finally in the 38's and not even PE at that time.

At this point, just waiting to see if these are a drop-in midsole. Looks are whatever, it's function over fashion. All about performance on this model.

Last edited:
Looks like Jordan Brand got him in these early. Wore his PE of the 36 all season during the last two seasons of the 37 and 38 run. Would see pictures of him in the 38 during pregame and practice, this season. Then once the game started, PE 36's. And then when the playoffs started, finally in the 38's and not even PE at that time.

At this point, just waiting to see if these are a drop-in midsole. Looks are whatever, it's function over fashion. All about performance on this model.
Same, I don't rock modern J's casually (only 1-11 or something like that) so the looks are not so much my thing as long as they perform.

My biggest concern right now is also that whether or not these are gonna have that drop-in midsole. If they do, they are more than likely be no-go for me :frown:

As always with Jordan's, this shoe challenges you. I like that part of the yearly sig.

That said, these do a few things I don't like and haven't liked in the past. That giant clear bottom both looks doofy and like it's trying to be trendy, which Jordan's should never be following, only leading. If you were told Kanye designed these would it surprise you? That's a problem for me. Not to mention once these yellow they're really going to look like ****.

I am not a fan of Jordan's with little to no design to the sole. The tread pattern is nice here but a solid lump with a simple jumpman showing through is not inspiring and any of us could design that. Where is the art there? Solid color soles are so boring. It's criminal that almost every 1 ever has them.

Lastly the colorways are weak. Again this seems like they are trying to follow trends rather than just doing their thing. Again they look like a bunch of yeezy colorways to me. There is still some style and a flow to the upper but it's completely lost in these drab, monochrome, uninspired colorways. One or two simple ones I could see, 9 of them? No.

I will admit they have grown on me since I first saw them, especially the first colorway. But they are destined to be one of my least favorite J's when it comes to looks. I don't doubt the performance will be there, it always is for me. Outside of the 31s being slippery af I haven't had any performance issues though certainly some are better than others.

$215 Is rough. Unless they limit these it's obvious they will go on sale at that price.

Also XXXVIIII? Is that a joke? Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom