Air Jordan 4 “Motorsport” Returning - Spring 2017

It would be a dream to be able to go into a store any time of year and buy a Jordan 4 from a choice of colorways like AF1s!

Reactions: PJS
yes resale is lower than retail
But I won't pay more than $120 out of my pocket

If I cannot cop, I would leave the spot for Infrared white Jordan 6 down the road, or Jordan 11s(depend on my buddy want to cop or not)

I have a feeling this is the downfall of Jordan retros. They will end up like AF1s.
Good, but not great. I have a pair on my rack I wear it once 2 months.
In the future only hardcore Jordan fan will wear retros...... just like AF1 fan Dr.Dre, he wore AF1 for many years.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this happening... Nike/JB wouldn't let Retros go on Nike ID (even in limited runs) so I doubt they are going to end up like AF 1s.

The big allure of retros is that, if you miss a release for retail, you might have to wait 4-10 years (sometimes longer) for the next retro. This inherently makes them collectors items and Nike knows this. This is what leds to even casual sneaker collectors buying several pairs of Js over the years. If you could get any retro, any time you want, they would lose much of their allure.

The downfall of Jordan's? Were Jordan's not hitting deep discounts like 10 years ago? Sneaker culture JUST went mainstream like 4 years ago

The downfall of Jordan's? Were Jordan's not hitting deep discounts like 10 years ago? Sneaker culture JUST went mainstream like 4 years ago
To be fair, I think the 2011 Concord and, to a lesser extent, the Galaxy Foam release really pushed sneaker mainstream.. Not to mention Kanye and Drake getting heavily into the hyped sneaker design game. 

Last edited:
To be fair, I think the 2011 Concord and, to a lesser extent, the Galaxy Foam release really pushed sneaker mainstream.. Not to mention Kanye and Drake getting heavily into the hyped sneaker design game. 

Yes actually Drake and DJ Khaled advertised Jordan Brand to me, and pulled me back into the shoe game.

After my Jordan Team 12.5 were cut up in 2009, I started buying AF1s, even started wearing Walmart And1 and cheap canvas sneakers. Then Sperrys.

So the way Jordan Brand is operating now, there will be no downfall of Jordan Retros? Forever will remain the same value no hype?

Last edited:
Jb Got Me For 5k Already This year and its Only May!!!looks like its gonna be A very expensive year Moving Forward,Alotta Heat still Coming...

Last edited:
feel like its been more than 4 years :lol:

I underestimated. Call it 6?

Either way, my point is that Jordans have always been hot, but they weren't selling out every color way, every weekend until recently. The fact that we're coming back down to earth doesn't mean jordans are dead.

Jordan's are classics. They'll never go out of style.

feel like its been more than 4 years :lol:

I underestimated. Call it 6?

Either way, my point is that Jordans have always been hot, but they weren't selling out every color way, every weekend until recently. The fact that we're coming back down to earth doesn't mean jordans are dead.

Jordan's are classics. They'll never go out of style.

agreed

I think we all knew this would happen but didnt know when

I think what has slowed things down is the price increases, yes people were buying right off the bat when prices first went up but over time.... it adds up.

I can afford Jordans at their current retail price but id rather now. I don't see how any of these shoes are worth $200.. just my opinion. if they retailed at $150 like before, I assure there wouldn't be much issue with sales.

jordan will still put up good numbers end of the year so they don't care but I'm sure consumers are getting sick of all these releases back to back, mediocre quality and HIGH prices.

Could you guys remind me how were Jordan's back in 2003-2010?

Was it always a sellout and high value resale game? I know in 2011 people step on each other for Concord 11s but how was it before?

I remember Air Force 1s dominated the market, Nelly rapped about it in 2002, and in NYC people line up outside the store to buy a pair of white Air Force 1s.

If they would have stuck to matching the increase with better materials ppl might be more inclined to buy. But it seems like most of these releases are getting questionable materials again, some comparable to pre-remaster. I finally saw those white pinnacle 5s in store yesterday and they have plush, REAL leather.. they even smell of leather. But who is gonna drop $400+ on a pair of Js? These GR/$200 range models are still seeing pleathery materials and dropping every week. I've cut back considerably this year and frankly, don't get much excitement out of many these days. No doubt Nike/JB is still raking in cash, but they kinda lose their luster with such OD numbers of questionable releases. At least, with declining interest, deals can be found on most sneakers with a lil time.

Could you guys remind me how were Jordan's back in 2003-2010?

Was it always a sellout and high value resale game? I know in 2011 people step on each other for Concord 11s but how was it before?

I remember Air Force 1s dominated the market, Nelly rapped about it in 2002, and in NYC people line up outside the store to buy a pair of white Air Force 1s.

2006 - DMPs caused mass hysteria, but for most part all other releases sat and went on sale like today.

To me, 2008-2010, most of the CDPs sold quick and that created a trend of dropping $300-$350/month on J's. Flight Club opened their Flagship store around this time, too!

Then 2011, it was all over with Concords, everyone was a reseller!

Now, we're getting back to pre-2008 days. Cop On Sale, flip for Retail. Just a hobby again, not a business for the average reseller without big connects!

Last edited:
i remember when the CG 4s dropped in 2004, those things were collecting dust at my local FL

at the end they got lowered the price from them till 60 euro
laugh.gif
same thing happened to the AJ5 stealth and the AJ5 carolinas

2006 - DMPs caused mass hysteria, but for most part all other releases sat and went on sale like today.

To me, 2008-2010, most of the CDPs sold quick and that created a trend of dropping $300-$350/month on J's. Flight Club opened their Flagship store around this time, too!

Now, we're getting back to pre-2008 days. Cop On Sale, flip for Retail. Just a hobby again, not a business for the average reseller without big connects!

Didn't more than half of CDP's sit for a really long time?

Yep. Many went down to as low as $99 at footlocker.

Thanks for the input.
I am actually happy that AF-1s went down.

I mean, as AF-1 take the spotlight, Jordan shoes don't feel as valuable (I felt so in 2009)

Now Air Maxes are hot, cheap ones go for $40 in outlet, expensive ones go for $100+. Even I bought 2 pairs(1s, 95s) and will go for third pair (90s) just to enjoy the hype, or fashion.

But Air Maxes are not as eye catching as Jordan retros, Jordan retros still play the role to compete with adidas boost as I see it.

Last edited:
I'll buy the leather Jordan 5s for $100-$200 if it goes down, just to enjoy "real leather valuable sneakers".

Design team should have included Nike Air back as well, phylon midsole, to make it the best 5s.

And hope Nike keep on producing random low priced shoes with midsole of Jordan 3/4/5s so I can restore mine 10 years later.

Back to the topic.
If it goes to outlet for $113 or below, I will buy it. Otherwise no.

Last edited:
Even if leather quality was amazing, there's just too many awesome retro releases week after week, and at $200 it's just too much to spend on shoes each year if you're buying shoes regularly.  I think that's why shoes are sitting.  I'm just thankful they've increased production volume so they're not all limited and sell out.  Also, this way people who aren't sneakerheads can actually see these awesome shoes on shelves and discover them for themselves.  That allows more mainstream appeal, and people who actually wear their shoes so they get marketing visibility.  I wear all my shoes, but have too many that most people will only see a given shoe a handful of times.  Even my wife sometimes thinks a shoe I've had for a long time is new b/c I rotate them in batches, resulting in a given pair only re-appearing after awhile.

Yep. Many went down to as low as $99 at footlocker.
[emoji]128128[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom