Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

Trash and I’m sticking to it 🗑
Not getting brainwashed into changing my mind based on a new pic
1595974418751.gif

Okay, now that we’ve seen better pics ... I’M IN!!!

Don’t love the tongue shape much, but like everything else.
I actually like the tongue. It’s different than the standard Jordan 4 tongue obviously, but it’s not a bad switch up. I actually like that it’s essentially the standard 4 tongue, but folded down and stitched. The height is fine IMO. I don’t mind the wings, or the different materials on the upper. I’m not the craziest fan of the blue on the collar and the midsole/outsole combo, but otherwise I think these are dope. Between these, the OG Black Cements from last year, and the rumored (god I hope they drop) Black Red OW 4s, I’d call that a dope yet pretty unique trio of Black w/ Red 4s.

I actually like the tongue. It’s different than the standard Jordan 4 tongue obviously, but it’s not a bad switch up. I actually like that it’s essentially the standard 4 tongue, but folded down and stitched. The height is fine IMO. I don’t mind the wings, or the different materials on the upper. I’m not the craziest fan of the blue on the collar and the midsole/outsole combo, but otherwise I think these are dope. Between these, the OG Black Cements from last year, and the rumored (god I hope they drop) Black Red OW 4s, I’d call that a dope yet pretty unique trio of Black w/ Red 4s.
I like the tongue too. That new pic, made the entire shoe look way better. Other pic wasn’t good with the colors and angle.

In the 80s, I've seen some tongues folded down, just never on the 4s or 5s. The patch was put in for people to keep the trend going on the Jordans, but no one that I saw actually did it. Converse even tried bringing this back with their double tongue Chucks.

Secondly, if one were to fold down the tongue on the 4s or 5s, I think it was meant to be folded at the base of the tongue's upper panel, where the stitching/crease is. I had never considered folding that part in half like in Union's design.

Dope to me still. Just intrigued mainly on if the tongue is like that all the time, or of it’s folded/customizable.
2FBF5ED3-DA52-4D8E-911B-D6836828C2E5.jpeg
F9BEA05C-ED25-4BDE-AF41-466AEC3A53D9.jpeg
FBC4DEA2-C737-4570-B094-FB602DB48474.jpeg
0A7A0339-D470-4504-870B-0171C528702F.jpeg
Looking a lil better, still utter trash

I still can't get over the fact they changed the paneling on the upper. ruins the shoe

Only thing I like on the shoe is the blue part under the collar

Last edited:
Dope to me still. Just intrigued mainly on if the tongue is like that all the time, or of it’s folded/customizable.
2FBF5ED3-DA52-4D8E-911B-D6836828C2E5.jpeg
F9BEA05C-ED25-4BDE-AF41-466AEC3A53D9.jpeg
FBC4DEA2-C737-4570-B094-FB602DB48474.jpeg
0A7A0339-D470-4504-870B-0171C528702F.jpeg

These pics look better. So from insanely ****in hideous to just hideous now.

Fix the tongue and get rid of that dirty *** sole, make it black or royal blue and it would look 10x better.

Looks like a skate shoe. It's just barely passable but at least it doesn't hurt my soul to look at it.
I'm completely out though. Good luck to anybody going after these.

I like them.

It’s difficult to make a sneaker that is unique AND looks good.

That’s what makes the Union AJ1 so special. I’d say uniqueness they’re a 9, and lookswise a 10.

These 4s are also about a 9 in uniqueness, but looks only a 7.5, which is still pretty dang good overall.

I’m in.

I’m in for an 8.5, they’re kinda sick. I’m curious to see the other colorway though.

Back
Top Bottom