Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

Those aren’t a popular OG though
these might be considered a ruined OG tho. not saying these will be like those i named because people take risks for profit all the time (don c legacy) , just saying the NRG label isn't the end all be all :lol:

Reactions: ARK
So many pairs are going to look hideous with the poor knife jobs on the laces.#ThrowTheWholeShoeAway

Jazz 2.gif

Look I love fresh prince and I love the grapes.
Got my first connect in 2006 because of the grape release.

But this is a ****ty gimmick. What’s next?
Pre scuffed leather jordans? Ooh wait

Yo when I seen these 4's I couldn't believe it

Pre scuffed Jays :smh:

buggin-out-air-jordan-4-scuffed-do-the-right-thing

Yo when I seen these 4's I couldn't believe it

Pre scuffed Jays :smh:

buggin-out-air-jordan-4-scuffed-do-the-right-thing
That’s little different and wasn’t that bad since they dropped regular the year before AND, you can make a pair of these on your own. When will we get actual Grapes?? They even stitched the tongue to the upper

000.gif

^ Didnt think about that :smh:

That’s little different and wasn’t that bad since they dropped regular the year before AND, you can make a pair of these on your own. When will we get actual Grapes?? They even stitched the tongue to the upper

Good point

The box better be fire.

This has me worried about the black cement and fire Red 4s. Neither of them have clear confirmation or style codes and release dates. I hope they don’t start messing up Nike air retros. FTL 3s are a fail IMO.

The real question is exactly how "limited" are these going to be, and how difficult will it be to acquire a pair. Between "the turn," which always happens when NRG or limited pairs get close to release, having the OG branding, and the association to Fresh Prince (especially with the way 80's style is "popular"), these will have a certain level of hype I'd think. Hopefully, those of us that want them won't have to deal with too much BS trying to get our pairs.

The real question is exactly how "limited" are these going to be, and how difficult will it be to acquire a pair. Between "the turn," which always happens when NRG or limited pairs get close to release, having the OG branding, and the association to Fresh Prince (especially with the way 80's style is "popular"), these will have a certain level of hype I'd think. Hopefully, those of us that want them won't have to deal with too much BS trying to get our pairs.

I would say these are 90s instead of 80s (given the shoes release and TV show debut) but I understand what you mean since he (The Fresh Prince) became prevalent in the 80s.

The box better be fire.

This has me worried about the black cement and fire Red 4s. Neither of them have clear confirmation or style codes and release dates. I hope they don’t start messing up Nike air retros. FTL 3s are a fail IMO.
Though I ultimately couldn't care less about the box since I don't wear the box, I'd be game for them to come in a dope box. I even like the newer flight boxes, but would like them to come in a unique box. I don't think we have anything to worry about with the 4s next year. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a one off.

Gentry’s decisions won’t go effect visibly until next year. He doesn’t have anything to do with the NRG team. That’s Frank Cooker.

To make matters worse, G has done some troll jobs, but nothing’s been this bad.

Wait... So you’re saying things are actually going to get WORSE than this??

RIP JB, press F to pay respeck :frown:

Gentry’s decisions won’t go effect visibly until next year. He doesn’t have anything to do with the NRG team. That’s Frank Cooker.

To make matters worse, G has done some troll jobs, but nothing’s been this bad.
you might want to understand how JB is structured and who reports to who.

you might want to understand how JB is structured and who reports to who.
I have a basic understanding, but I don’t believe he is behind this. People are blaming him for every wacky thing gr why’re doing now.

I’m sure this falls on the NRG team. These have been confirmed since May, Gentry’s return was announced in mid March. He didn’t do these. Since releases are added into schedules months if not a year in advance, I doubt he came in and immediately did this. We don’t even know when he started.

These and the 7s low coming out aren’t his projects.

Last edited:
I would say these are 90s instead of 80s (given the shoes release and TV show debut) but I understand what you mean since he (The Fresh Prince) became prevalent in the 80s.
You're totally right. I'm tripping. Haha. 80's baby ('86 to be exact), but I always do that. What a time to grow up through the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:
I understand the no laces but did they have to make sure to shut the laces holes too????? ******* ****

I have a basic understanding, but I don’t believe he is behind this. People are blaming him for every wacky thing gr why’re dousing now. There’s a lot of people who work to chose releases. I’m sure this falls on the NRG team
I agree, I'm not saying Gentry is behind these specifically either. But to say Gentry doesn't have input on footwear product lines at JB, such as NRG, as the VP of Footwear for JB is purely misinformation. Just as it doesn't help to blame Gentry for everything, it doesn't help to assume and put out information that you don't know is correct.

I agree, I'm not saying Gentry is behind these specifically either. But to say Gentry doesn't have input on footwear product lines at JB, such as NRG, as the VP of Footwear for JB is purely misinformation. Just as it doesn't help to blame Gentry for everything, it doesn't help to assume and put out information that you don't know is correct.
he probably approves them, but the NRG team makes the ideas and concepts.

I have a classmate who works on the RRL and Denim and Supply Ralph Lauren labels. His concept design team designs things, then they run it by Ralph and the menswear heads

Back
Top Bottom