Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

So ready 2 touch down at the arena in these......you gotta be a true hornets/fresh prince fanatic to understand how godly these are. easily ssj4 gogeta level

I’m sure you take them to a shoe repair shop, cobbler, or leather shop they’ll have the tool to punch perfect lace holes.

But I’d rather they just gave us NA grape 5s for 200$ let us choose to rock laces or no laces like Will.

Saw em on twitter but I didn't pay attention to no laces lol

Sucks you've gotta pay for something you want and have to change it but oh well lol. Most likely in

Got pretty hyped when I saw Grapes were gonna get a new retro w/ Nike Air.

Now I’m left here with blue balls. No ******* laces/lace holes? MAN WHAT??

This is a reminder of why I stopped messing with JB hardcore awhile back. No lace holes lmao. :lol:

:smh:
C8F0BB50-CFA0-4C2E-878D-EFFCDC44C0AF.jpeg
Should have just released the King Ralph version with no jumpman on the tounge since we are being corny and childish JB:smh:

Disappointing atlease I still got the 10s , 11s and 6s to look forward to

if you dont have holes for the laces how do you wear the shoes without them falling off your feet

go a half size down

Got pretty hyped when I saw Grapes were gonna get a new retro w/ Nike Air.

Now I’m left here with blue balls. No ****ing laces/lace holes? MAN WHAT??

This is a reminder of why I stopped messing with JB hardcore awhile back. No lace holes lmao. :lol:

Lol I did not notice that obvious no lace holes detail. Still, a good concept. Normally I don’t like these kinds of gimmicks, but I like this one. I bought a couple of adidas ultra stars, which were basically a homage to run dmcs superstars in which you could wear them without laces

Can believe y’all co-signing this
This gimmick is corny

THIS. Enough of these bull #%^* stories dug up to sell shoes, it’s super corny. No one sweats grape teal 5’s because will Smith wore them, Seinfeld wore them or John Goodman or Chris Rock and so on and so forth. They won’t stop until there is some gimmick attached to every shoe ever released and it’s become overkill

I wasn’t into shoes at the time Fresh Prince reruns came on Nick at Night but seeing him wear these on there and the all star Kobe 3s def got me into sneakers. The hype will be insane so I’m already counting on a L and not paying resale unless ebay has deals.

I’m pretty sure JB will re retro the Grapes with laces in 2020 for the 30th anniversary of the 5s.

THIS. Enough of these bull #%^* stories dug up to sell shoes, it’s super corny. No one sweats grape teal 5’s because will Smith wore them, Seinfeld wore them or John Goodman or Chris Rock and so on and so forth. They won’t stop until there is some gimmick attached to every shoe ever released and it’s become overkill

Loved Chris Rock's whole outfit while wearing them too

air_jordan_5_chris_rock.gif

if you dont have holes for the laces how do you wear the shoes without them falling off your feet

go a half size down

Vs already have an elastic strap connecting the tongue to the mid-foot, and for these they stitched the lower half of the tongue to the eyestay panels.

3e0c917e-68ce-44c6-be3d-5d99fa24e832-jpeg.2156564

Laces have very little to do with sizing, if you take the laces out of some shoes that fit TTS, you're not suddenly gonna get extra toe room :lol:

I would take more issue with these if they weren't a regularly retroed OG colorway. Like, the Grapes will be back sooner than later; done properly.

I understand people not wanting to have to wait longer, and feeling like it's lightweight disrespect to come this close but stop just 2 steps short though.

I think this is cool as hell, especially now that it's revealed that they're a straight up Will Smith collab complete with tees and hoodies.

I would take more issue with these if they weren't a regularly retroed OG colorway. Like, the Grapes will be back sooner than later; done properly.

I understand people not wanting to have to wait longer, and feeling like it's lightweight disrespect to come this close but stop just 2 steps short though.

I think this is cool as hell, especially now that it's revealed that they're a straight up Will Smith collab complete with tees and hoodies.

Hope you're able to secure a pair bro, the shirt has a classic photo on it but the wrong shoes (I guess this is the only one they could use without permission from the other cast members, especially Janet Hubert and James Avery; R.I.P.). Although, he is wearing an Air Jordan outfit in that photo. Also, which NRG release was the hardest to secure? The 3s?

Back
Top Bottom