Air Jordan 6 retro NRG x Social Status - Cow fur/reptile - February 21 - $250

I think that’s what irritated people though-Nike labeled them with an MSRP of $200. I suppose Nike changed their minds right before release and sold them for $250 but still kept the old labels. I honestly can’t think of another case of this happening tbh.
It's happened before. I just think it's a joke to be upset with it. Why does it matter if they at one point planned to sell for $200? You didn't know that when you willingly bought them for $250. If it happened on an OW release that had a $500 resell value, people wouldn't say a word about it. Let's be honest, most people "upset" over this were people that bought these to flip and used that as a reason to send them back while not admitting they bought them to flip. It made them feel better to blame it on something they didn't even know when they bought them.

True but Nike’s own liberal return policy benefits resellers. They have a long time to return for full refund to Nike. I suppose this helps people cop at discount at the outlets though, since I highly doubt Nike send returns back to flagship stores or to other retail partners.
Yea I've always thought Nike should have a limit on returns. Maybe 2-3 returns a year and then a fee after that. It'd make people think twice about ordering something to flip it. Plus lots of people buy something, don't wear it, wait to see if it goes to discount, then send back the ds pair and buy it again on discount.

I'm sure Nike did eventually sell the pair I returned to them, but probably not for $250, which was a ridiculous price. Very happy to get mine for $200, which is what they should have been sold for in the first place.
A ridiculous price, that you willingly paid. :lol:

And willingly returned and rebought. Supply and demand my man. It's all a cause and effect, and it created a perfect storm that ending up saving me money. I am sorry that upsets you.
I'm not upset at all. I just laugh at the fake outrage at an MSRP that you didn't know about when you bought them.

It's happened before. I just think it's a joke to be upset with it. Why does it matter if they at one point planned to sell for $200? You didn't know that when you willingly bought them for $250. If it happened on an OW release that had a $500 resell value, people wouldn't say a word about it. Let's be honest, most people "upset" over this were people that bought these to flip and used that as a reason to send them back while not admitting they bought them to flip. It made them feel better to blame it on something they didn't even know when they bought them.

Really? When did it happen before? Not doubting that it did but Nike is pretty well managed as a company that wide-scale price label mistakes never really happen. I bought a pair well under retail ($182 from StockX) and, at that price, it was well worth it to me. I think if I had paid $250+ tax, I would probably have sent these back since I don’t think they are worth anywhere near that amount to keep.

Really? When did it happen before? Not doubting that it did but Nike is pretty well managed as a company that wide-scale price label mistakes never really happen. I bought a pair well under retail ($182 from StockX) and, at that price, it was well worth it to me. I think if I had paid $250+ tax, I would probably have sent these back since I don’t think they are worth anywhere near that amount to keep.
There was a Lebron recently that had the same issue. And my post wasn't to anyone particular. Just saying a LOT of people bought these to flip and then sent them back.

There was a Lebron recently that had the same issue. And my post wasn't to anyone particular. Just saying a LOT of people bought these to flip and then sent them back.

Yeah, tbh, most QS releases are gobbled up by resellers but this is primarily Nike’s fault for having such a liberal return policy. I like what you suggested on having a cap on returns. However, I bet Nike likes showing release sales figures to shareholders and early sellouts probably look good for sales, even if they are followed by massive returns.

The materials on these make these feel extremely heavy on foot.

Rocked them today though

550C68D2-56F4-46CF-AA98-2C3D9B81771D.jpeg

i have some retro 6's from around 2009 in the infrared color scheme, the soles have yellowed a bit but ive literally only worn them about 25 times. Still have the receipt and the box, size 13. Curious about what theyre worth

i have some retro 6's from around 2009 in the infrared color scheme, the soles have yellowed a bit but ive literally only worn them about 25 times. Still have the receipt and the box, size 13. Curious about what theyre worth
Goat.com
Stockx.com

Back
Top Bottom