Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope.

• Meh.

• Total voters

selfmade__89

formerly selfmadeapparel
Had to design our own skirts for apparel construction class and this is what I came up with . 

I like the end result and hopefully you will too. 

For those who don't know this is inspired by:

The materials used  are; Nylon  for the lace locks, Paris crepe  for the main fabric,

and I'm not sure about the name of the other fabric but it turned out to be a very flexible patent leather.

Since I posted this about 4 YEARS AGO  people posted and said (including myself) that they always wanted to 

visualize this skirt on an actual woman to get a true feeling.

Problem was that I made the skirt entirely for school/marks and didn't care about the sizing! 

(Probably a WOMEN'S SIZE 00!!!!!!!!!!!) 

Ended up being a problem because it BARELY  fit on the mannequin in fact my teacher nearly ripped the waist/zipper off!

So being the small size it was, I didn't have much luck with asking past girlfriends because to be honest the skirt 

COULD NOT PASS THEIR THIGHS! 

Through the grace of God
happy.gif
 I finally found someone who could fit the skirt and here are the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED  pics;

P.S. I also switched the laces from black to white  to stay true to the Concord colorway.

ENJOY! Feel free to comment, any criticism is welcome.

Last edited:
Gah! Sorry mehn, I had to hand it in to the teacher and supposedly getting them back in january.

I love the idea behind this. i too would like to actually see it on a person, but I can still get a feel from these pics

Nice idea...
I would have done something with the laces though instead of just having them hang like that...

Thanks for all the comments!

I'll be sure to take more pictures of the skirt once I get it back and I'll make my girlfriend wear it!

man its amazing what can be inspired by sneakers....the other day i came up with a building concept inspired by my VII's (im in architecture...)

nice work man, i could see JB potentially giving that to MC with some concord XI heels...except skin showing where the tongue would be w/ the laces pulledtighter

this is sick. I would like to see someone wear it though. Also the laces could be sewn down or something. Just suggestions, but props on the creation. Itscreative.

no hating but the laces need a little change, do u guys just do shirts and skirts and stuff like that or can you do shoes as well? cuz some concord stillettoswould be a nice match, kind of like what mariah carey wore but concord not black and red.

Thanks for all the comments! I'll try to get the skirt back asap and get a girl to try it on.

Back
Top Bottom