Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

5D267F2C-0DC2-4B96-A3BC-D3E7F28E200A.jpeg
Personally glad those didn't make the cut.

List of NA Js that have never been retro’d (correctly)

Fire red 3
True Blue 3

Military 4
Fire red 4
Black cement og sample splatter 4

Black tongue fire red 5
Grape 5
Black fire red og sample 5
Alternate grape og sample 5

White Infrared 6
Sport blue 6
Carmine 6
Reverse infrared 6

Doubt we’ll see even half of those by 2020 unfortunately.

I’d actually say the True Blue 3s were done “right” by today’s standards at least. Not sure what more they could’ve done besides use better leather and maybe fix the shape. Same suggestion can be made for most Jordan’s these days though.

Not trying to derail this thread, but I don't see a post for them (I might have missed it, the search isn't the greatest on here), but does anyone have any info on the Jordan retro 4 NRG Black/University Red/Court Purple AQ3816-056 J23 has them listed at 4/2018 I'm sure most of us will be taking L's on them being NRG's, but I'm curious and kind of wondering if they're going to just be a retro, or some sort of variation like the JTH or Tinker 3's. Or have they been scrapped.

Edit: NVM found my answer easy pass for me, just in case anyone was wondering here's a photoshopped pic:
Air-Jordan-4-NRG-681x419.jpg

Last edited:
Not trying to derail this thread, but I don't see a post for them (I might have missed it, the search isn't the greatest on here), but does anyone have any info on the Jordan retro 4 NRG Black/University Red/Court Purple AQ3816-056 J23 has them listed at 4/2018 I'm sure most of us will be taking L's on them being NRG's, but I'm curious and kind of wondering if they're going to just be a retro, or some sort of variation like the JTH or Tinker 3's. Or have they been scrapped.

Edit: NVM found my answer easy pass for me, just in case anyone was wondering here's a pic:
Air-Jordan-4-NRG-681x419.jpg

That's just a photoshop...

I had the 99's, 2012 bred 4 were the worst shoes ever made. Shape, quality, netting angle, everything was off. Both the bred and white/cement "tech" grey 4's from 2012 make me wanna vomit.

They're definitely gonna use the 2016-17 molds on these. Can't wait to see it. It'll be a cop.

IMG_20180228_193714.jpg
Correct me if I'm wrong. But wouldn't this be a pretty high tongue?
Funny you bring that up. The IVs were my first-ever pair of Jordans back in late '89. I was only a size 8 or 9 back then, so perhaps this had something to do with it but I don't believe so: I always noticed how loads of MJ's in-game pairs had tongues that were definitely higher than the retail pairs my friends and I had. I'd always see pics of MJ in Sports Illustrated, laced up through the wings and yet you could almost always see most of the Jumpman on the tongue. Then I'd look down at my pair, laced the exact same, and you could maybe see just the top half of the Jumpan at best. I'd pull on the tongues, perplexed as to why I couldn't get the same look as MJ had. It was always to no avail LOL. I also noticed the same phenomenon a year later when the Vs dropped. I'd watch Bulls games on TV, and once again the tongue on his pairs was always clear of the laces, always showing the full Jumpman above the tied laces. My pairs were never the same. I'd say the most recent black/metallic V retro mimicked MJ's pairs more than it did the OG retail pairs, at least in terms of tongue height. I remember thinking even way back then as a kid, Nike must give Michael taller tongues than it thinks real people would want. That way the logo gets primetime exposure on TV and in photos.

Back
Top Bottom