Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

so if the paint issues are because of the change in midsole materials...so that mean there will still be paint issues on this pair?

Oh wow, VA cocaine a helluva drug. Yung, I've lived in DC, VA, and MD and VA is the worst. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over in VA for no effin reason. And don't get pulled over by state troopers, it's a wrap...

might need to stop speed ballin champ... lol... but nah, DC speed cameras hem me up more than ive ever been pulled over in VA... lol

GREAT POST!

Now lets examine this for a moment... (newer/younger "sneakerheads" pay attention)

2004 CG 4s are comfortable and the 2006 Mars 4s are not.

What happened in the interim???

Nike happened.

There was a transition in 2005 to 2006 with Nike. The 2005 Laser 4s were also VERY comfortable. 2005 was also the last year Nike was still producing the old-school large volume Air Max units with the seam in the center of the bag, as evidenced by the 2005 Knicks Penny 1s. 2006 introduced the smaller, stiff Air Max units that we have become familiar with, but it also brought the closed-cell, rock hard PU midsoles for Air Jordans 3-6. Midsoles that won't crumble as quickly, but are less comfortable and don't absorb paint as well, as evidenced by the new paint chipping issue that came along.

Always remember, Air Max 1s use the same tooling/tech as Jordans 3-6, but are NOT stiff and heavy.

/Lesson

Cool Grey, White/Green IVs and the Laser IVs all had the newer nitrogen filled air units. When they changed the shape and cut down the shoe, they also changed the air units and the air unit depth. This was evident by the change of the inner structure of the air unit. The nitrogen filled air units started in 2004, even though Nike still had SF6 in a bunch of shoes through 2005.

Cool Grey, White/Green IVs and the Laser IVs all had the newer nitrogen filled air units. When they changed the shape and cut down the shoe, they also changed the air units and the air unit depth. This was evident by the change of the inner structure of the air unit. The nitrogen filled air units started in 2004, even though Nike still had SF6 in a bunch of shoes through 2005.
You’re right. They were still comfy though. I didn’t really rock green like that but would still wear those 4s all the time because they were mad comfortable :lol:

VA just as bad as any other state.

Y’all watch too much TV.

If you weren't in Richmond, then you really weren't in VA. I lived there as well.

Got pulled over for taking my son to the ER. Charges stuck and I got cussed out by the judge.
NC would've thrown that case out.

Got arrested for DWLR. NC doesn't arrest people on traffic charges.

On that same DWLR, jail swore to God I missed a court date, and because of that I couldn't post bail and had to sit over a month until my court date.

Got charged for a roach the size of half an M&M. The court actually sent me to jail for it for 5 days. Lost my job and everything. NC would've either thrown it out or put me on probation.

Sorry to derail the thread but F VA. The Commonwealth is racist af.

Last edited:
might need to stop speed ballin champ... lol... but nah, DC speed cameras hem me up more than ive ever been pulled over in VA... lol
Truth, but you just gotta know where the cameras are or download Waze. VA tried to lock me up for parking tickets. Petty and racist af.

Glad you don’t get pulled over much, but don’t get too cocky. If VA catch you doing anything halfway illegal or sometimes legal they throwing the book. Don’t look at the cops funny, don’t jaywalk, don’t speed, don’t run a stop sign, don’t loiter, don’t litter, don’t breathe too hard lol

Va has its issues for sure, but DC and Maryland aren’t perfect. All three have similar issues and problems, but this isn’t very far off topic.

It looks like I'll be motivated to get this upcoming pair now that I acquired the 1989 NBA All-Star Game Jordan jersey today. I like the idea of matching this pair of IV with a throwback jersey that corresponds with it.

The pair that you're defending with that horrible stitching (2006 version):

g1cw5vcpf5du1kktdgu9_oad9v7.jpg

vs.

The original (1998 version):

blob_bhqw6m.jpg
:rofl:
I commented originally on the quality and comfort, not what people might prefer visually. The ‘06 build, shape, materials and comfort smashes any 14 from the past several years. Horrible ribbing—or “stitching” as you call it ... I hope you at least hate the last shots, then, and for the same reason. And the white/reds. And every other 14 with the same design element. And if you do, that’s cool. But I’d take a ribbed black toe with that ‘06 quality every day over any non-ribbed black toe built to current specs.

Truth, but you just gotta know where the cameras are or download Waze. VA tried to lock me up for parking tickets. Petty and racist af.

Glad you don’t get pulled over much, but don’t get too cocky. If VA catch you doing anything halfway illegal or sometimes legal they throwing the book. Don’t look at the cops funny, don’t jaywalk, don’t speed, don’t run a stop sign, don’t loiter, don’t litter, don’t breathe too hard lol

Being from Europe this doesn't look like a place I would like to live in but I guess that doesn't apply to the States as a whole. The thing with you guys is that you have at least 4-5 countries within what is refered to as USA, so you need to know what suits you.

Last edited:
All you dudes complaining about VA, DC, MD or whatever... be grateful you're not in police state capital NYC.

Since the last few months I've paid $1145 in tickets... none were points though, just like parking and other misc tickets but yo at stack is a stack and everything is already expensive out here.

But, I peeped these scheming **** cops yesterday as I'm headed to my apartment and I should have known that it's the end of the month and they have to meet their quota.

I am crossing over Queens Blvd on Yellowstone in Queens and there is nowhere for me to go and they jumped out and ticketed like 5 cars for blocking traffic and I was heated because you can see they are deliberately there to catch people because they know its rush hour and traffic gets hectic.

I've moved out the hood and into this area now for almost a year and first time I'm seeing them pull this nonsense, but rest assured when cops are out purposefully pulling stunts like that it's the end of the month and they have to meet quota's to generate income for the city and further fluff up their big pensions they will retire on and scheme the government towards the end of their duty.

Was the sole cracking from the IV during 2012 onlybwitg thr cements? I have some Toros thatvare DS and wonder if they will crack like the 2012 cements.

So how is the shape on the flight nostalgia pair that released today? Anyone know if the shape has improved from previous IVs?

Back
Top Bottom