Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

So. To one of the knowledgeable old heads. How was it with the OG 4s? Winter (Feb) ‘89 for the White Cements. Spring (April) ‘89 for the Black Cements. Summer ‘89 (June/July) for the Military Blue, and Fall (October/November ‘89) ‘89 for the Fire Red? Like one pair per season? I always wondered if that’s how they released the 3-5’s.
man, this was the absolute best. wish they'd go back to this. of course, there were no retros to bombard us with at the time.

I don't think it played out that way. When I went to get the BC, my size was sold out so I got the WC; I believe these two came out at the same time. Not sure about the others, but I though FR also came out with these as a trio, but perhaps someone else knows.
2 colorways were not dropping on the same day. 4 per year, 1 per quarter.

anybody experience the major heel burn on these and the nike air jabbing into the heel. And the complete lack of cushioning in the insole. Am I an idiot?

yeah for me personally, if I get to the point where I need a storage unit, I need to start selling.
Life is too short to keep things on lock. I like the experience of wearing something and enjoying it.
I only have around 50-70 sneakers right now, I constantly buy and sell and only keep the things
I rock. For my, around 20 pairs is optimal but as you all know, getting it to that low is very very hard.

Favorite colorway of your favorite models. Slowly doing this. I already have a certain criteria for when I buy shoes but that's my main thing.

Agreed! But....if your home was burning down, the family was safe, and you had time to safely grab ONLY 3 PAIRS, which ones would you save?

Sounds like another top 3 question here. lol. Original playoff 11 and 7s. And my 45 pe jams.

Then Id try to go get my aquas and black infras.

True, but a more extreme thought process b/c the rest will go up in flames! For me, I'm thinking WC4, Black Infrared 6, then whichever is more accessible....Bordeaux 7, Air Trainer 3 Medicine Ball, BC3, or Tinker 3. I'll let my Concords and 45 PE Jams burn ;-).

Agreed! But....if your home was burning down, the family was safe, and you had time to safely grab ONLY 3 PAIRS, which ones would you save?

C794AFAB-575D-401D-AD95-D2C29793A35F.jpeg

Coming from a guy that's has always been into shoes and clothing, but didn't start back until 2016 buying Jay's, 20 pairs is somewhat doable. Now for me I only have 30 pair of Jordans, so I've bought about 10 pairs a year on average. I'm at a place now I can pretty much get what i want.

Anytime I buy a pair of Jay's, I have to have 2-3 brand new shirts to rock with them. No matter if I have shirts the same color, the shirts need to be new along with the shoes.

So my wardrobe is extensive. I'm talking over 60 shirts and 30 plus pairs of jeans...

out of everything i have clothes, shoes, hats and other random stuff i collect jeans is the only thing im a minimalist... i have like 5 pairs max... i only really wear like 3 of them

How many of you have a semi dedicated shoe room? Maybe it's a spare bedroom/office that's multi purpose

I wish... I really want a dedicated room with all my sneaks together... For now I have them stuffed in my closet...

Planning on adding on next year. So I'll have a nicer place to display my shoes...

Same here… 20 pairs sounds like the perfect rotation to wear everything… I would love to just have 20 pairs and that’s it… but I like a lot of shoes and its more than 20 pairs so I can’t do that :lol:
I know I started this "20" talk and I myself can't back it up. BUT, that seems to be the number of pairs I consistently
rock. You got some beaters in there mixed in with grails and runners.

I'll probably get to around 40 eventually, it's a process for sure. I'm not about collecting for the sake of having it and
wearing a pair once a year, I hate that feeling and that's why I downsized to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom