Air Jordan VI Doernbecher.. February 23rd 2019

If we used your logic, the Girl Scouts would only sale 50 boxes of cookies nationwide once a year to bring awareness to them needing funds. WHY DO YOU THINK THE GIRL SCOUTS sell cookies EVERYWHERE?! It’s because they want the most funds possible in return during cookie season. And still in yet, with those cookies being available you know what the GS are and what they do. It’s that simple.

Please tell me where I said that they should be limited?

Please tell me where I said that they should be limited?
“Also, wouldn’t Nike be profitting from this collection more if they sold more pairs? I believe part of the reason the collection is limited is to gather the attention of customers to what they designs mean (and the sick kids behind it) and what the hospital is doing.”

You literally attempted to use some type of flawed logic to explain why Nike had limited the collection. Do you read what you write? I never said that you said that it SHOULD BE anything, I countered your nonsensical point with accurate logic. Stop trying to derail the argument.

“Also, wouldn’t Nike be profitting from this collection more if they sold more pairs? I believe part of the reason the collection is limited is to gather the attention of customers to what they designs mean (and the sick kids behind it) and what the hospital is doing.”

You literally attempted to use some type of flawed logic to explain why Nike had limited the collection. Do you read what you write? I never said that you said that it SHOULD BE anything, I countered your nonsensical point with accurate logic. Stop trying to derail the argument.

Bro, I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or you really are this stupid since I don’t think anyone on NT is mentally capable of being this dumb... In any event, I never accused Nike of blindly profitting off of the DB program-YOU did (hence why I asked you about selling more pairs). To YOUR logic of them profitting, wouldn’t them selling more pairs and therefore generating revenue = more profit? I know you’re probably trolling and I shouldn’t have to explain this to you but Nike is a for profit company, the products they sell generate revenue for them. Even in the quote of mine you just referenced, I literally said “PART of the reason the collection is so limited” was to spread the message of the program.

Bro, I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or you really are this stupid since I don’t think anyone on NT is mentally capable of being this dumb... In any event, I never accused Nike of blindly profitting off of the DB program-YOU did (hence why I asked you about selling more pairs). To YOUR logic of them profitting, wouldn’t them selling more pairs and therefore generating revenue = more profit? I know you’re probably trolling and I shouldn’t have to explain this to you but Nike is a for profit company, the products they sell generate revenue for them. Even in the quote of mine you just referenced, I literally said “PART of the reason the collection is so limited” was to spread the message of the program.
You litterally make no sense and you’ve attempted many times to remold your flimsy argument to get a win. Dude you don’t really have a clue about what the DB collection is or what’s going on. Good day dude.

How are they not immortalized by their designs? The kids who passed barely got any time on the earth so at least their DB designs allow them to leave a legacy on this earth that they would otherwise be unable to do simply because of how their lives were cut so short. Also, wouldn’t Nike be profitting from this collection more if they sold more pairs? I believe part of the reason the collection is limited is to gather the attention of customers to what they designs mean (and the sick kids behind it) and what the hospital is doing.
no, Nike that is a common misconception. the hype they create from making such a desirable release so limited translates to way more money than if they made enough to go around. we know by now that hype and unattainability drives future sales way more effectively than availability!

I agree that their voice stays alive through the shoe designs for the people who actually take the time out to learn their back story.

However, I also agree that Nike is cheapening this by making it a raffle only type release. If you wanna raise money for these causes you should make as many pairs as possible to benefit the sick children who need the financial support, rather than focus on appeasing the sneaker community by making them limited
again, this was never actually about any sick children. that's just the BACK STORY that Nike used to market this collection. Nike is only about money, nothing else. if they get behind a "cause" its only bc its financially beneficial. don't be foolish enough to believe otherwise!

You litterally make no sense and you’ve attempted many times to remold your flimsy argument to get a win. Dude you don’t really have a clue about what the DB collection is or what’s going on. Good day dude.

Maybe you could actually address my points, but I don’t think your brain can actually functionally do that. Take it easy.

no, Nike that is a common misconception. the hype they create from making such a desirable release so limited translates to way more money than if they made enough to go around. we know by now that hype and unattainability drives future sales way more effectively than availability!

My point, which the village idiot ITT wasn’t addressing, what that Nike could have taken the designs and produced them on a a mass level such as in a GR and reaped the profits. You’re correct in that limited, hyped releases generate interest for the brand but that doesn’t translate to direct profits. Matt Powell at the NPD Group has said this time and time again-you need to actually move product to accomplish this. “Driving future sales” only works if the product will be mass produced and sold at a higher volume down the line (I.e. Adidas Yeezy 350 V2s). In this case, it is unlikely we are getting wider DB shoe releases so this is a non-point. It’s not like people are suddenly buying Legacy 312s or additional Nike apparel because of this effect-the DB releases are a niche product in this regard so the people in the market for them (is sneaker-heads) can’t easily be marketed towards substitute goods from Nike.

To my initial point about Nike maximizing profits from the DB line, I think a good example of what I’m referring to was the Katrina 3 release last year in which they took a shoe that was auctioned for charity, renamed it, and sold it as a GR.

My point, which the village idiot ITT wasn’t addressing, what that Nike could have taken the designs and produced them on a a mass level such as in a GR and reaped the profits. You’re correct in that limited, hyped releases generate interest for the brand but that doesn’t translate to direct profits. Matt Powell at the NPD Group has said this time and time again-you need to actually move product to accomplish this. “Driving future sales” only works if the product will be mass produced and sold at a higher volume down the line (I.e. Adidas Yeezy 350 V2s). In this case, it is unlikely we are getting wider DB shoe releases so this is a non-point. It’s not like people are suddenly buying Legacy 312s or additional Nike apparel because of this effect-the DB releases are a niche product in this regard so the people in the market for them (is sneaker-heads) can’t easily be marketed towards substitute goods from Nike.

To my initial point about Nike maximizing profits from the DB line, I think a good example of what I’m referring to was the Katrina 3 release last year in which they took a shoe that was auctioned for charity, renamed it, and sold it as a GR.
Yes...this.
DB sales go to the hospital as a donation (tax write off or whatever, it still goes) I can only assume that the sales from this weeks Draw Drops will go towards the hospital still. And yes, ONLY by actually moving product directly do you make any profit. And as far as creating hype or "more profits" from hype...that's not how it works. The MINUTE shoes leave Nike either direct sales to consumers or wholesale to retailers (FTA, FTL...) Nike has already made their money. They might like to build "hype" to increase "brand awareness" but they certainly don't need that, and since DB sales themselves aren't driving future sales of Jordan 1's or whatever else...hype ultimately does not matter to Nike because there is no measurable profit from that. If you can't show it on a PNL breakdown to the bean counters at the top of the chain...it doesn't matter.

IMO your Katrina 3 analogy is spot on. This would be a great way for Nike to recoup the original "donation" cost of producing the DB line. However the designs are probably too personal and "on the nose" to pull it off the right way. I could be wrong about that, but just my feelings on it.

Still tight I lost out on these.. I'm going to find a way to fund them later down the line but I'll wait for prices to dip a little. I know it wont be much but this shoe isnt in super high demand. When pairs get in and interest dies down a bit, the price should be somewhere under 1K.

Still tight I lost out on these.. I'm going to find a way to fund them later down the line but I'll wait for prices to dip a little. I know it wont be much but this shoe isnt in super high demand. When pairs get in and interest dies down a bit, the price should be somewhere under 1K.

prices should drop but i don't see them going under 800 tbh, the hype is real for these and the DB 6 have always been one of the best DB jordans created.

I don't think prices will drop. The rereleased may just make prices increase. And for whatever reason, this drop didn't seem like it was plenty of stock. I barely even see many people say they won the draw. I'm guessing 5,000 pairs or less were made.

I too really wanted these but have moved on. This shoe isn’t worth $1k plus and also isn’t worth paying $300-$400 for a yellowed faded pair.

I’m more disappointed that i can’t win one of these Draw raffles for the life of me.

I too really wanted these but have moved on. This shoe isn’t worth $1k plus and also isn’t worth paying $300-$400 for a yellowed faded pair.

I’m more disappointed that i can’t win one of these rigged raffles for the life of me.
Fixed that for you. J/K. Congrats to all who won on here.

Back
Top Bottom