Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Your probably a bit too old to have interest in these but I'm only a couple years younger than you and remember clearly how many shoes came out with straps at the time. These came out when i was in 7th grade and while fashion has definitely gone away from shoes with straps they were what was hot at the time for kids.  If you were already in high school and past that phase then I can get how you really didn't have interest in them but we were all over them just like anything else that had straps. I also had a pair of black air raids that I loved.

View media item 476402

I'm in my early 30's and I agree with you these were definitely hot back then but more so in the Junior High school and younger level. Older teens in HS were into Tims, Dr. Martins, Air Max's depending on what circle of people you hung with. You also have to remember that back then we balled in our J's and the 8s are horrible for ball, with all that bulk and no breathability, so that was another reason why they may have been less popular. But there's no doubt they were a must have amongst Jordan heads, you couldn't get away from those looney tunes commercials. the ad campaign alone was one of the best maybe only 2nd to Mars B. commercials.

I got them but are a bit underwhelming. The aquas are just so much better

In your opinion... Althought many would agree

But I love these! Hell I wore my 07's 3-4 days out the week at one point and even when they started to fall apart I still rocked. I remember having both pairs in 07's and through out the years I wore my Aquas maybe like 5 times until I sold them in 2010.

I recently bought another pair off someone on here back in March and wore those once :lol:

But these Playoffs...Mannnn these are in the top 5 of all time for me. I know I'm gonna wear these constantly! Hopefully they sit in stores for a few weeks so I could double up after the Toro 4's because I don't want anything else until the black tounge 5's which is another top 5 :tongue:

Last edited:
Pair arrive tomorrow from NDC.....
pimp.gif
I get mine friday. Def going to rock the crap out of my 07

dang, sucks being on the westcoast, getting my pair on monday.  screw you indepdence day lol

Check your tracking again it might have changed, I'm on the westcoast as well and I just checked my tracking number and my pair is scheduled to arrive on Friday and it was initially scheduled for Monday.

Last edited:
Well that took way too long to verify my account. Anyways...

I walked into NikeLenox at around 11:30 on Saturday morning and was so pleased to find out they had these still in stock. Usually if I walk in on release day at that time and ask for anything the guy looks at me like I am an idiot. Very pleased with this shoe. But as most have said little to no breathing room so I will probably wait till fall/winter time to bring these out.

The FNL $20 off worked for this release. I later found out it was 1 time use only.
just the Winner's Circle card marked $20 reward will work.   the other FNL coupons you get in your email or sent to your house $20 off $100 won't work on new releases

Anyone know if Footlocker HOH on 34th still have these? I got a size 8 from finishline on saturday but I wanted to return them trying to get a 8.5. Thanks in advance. 

Back
Top Bottom