Air Jordan XI Low IE (Black Cement III inspired) Summer 2020

5B7E5DA7-C168-4AE7-A1F9-D1E1DDF8C9DB.jpeg

Rip in piece.

Not gonna lie I actually think these are kind of dope not sure about copping just yet but would most definitely be in for a pair of black playoffs

Can’t believe some are applauding that stupid smoked out sole :smh:. It’s incorrect and JB needs to get away from it already and give us the OGs with the correct outsole. Smoked sole is epitome of what we DON’T want.

Can’t believe some are applauding that stupid smoked out sole :smh:. It’s incorrect and JB needs to get away from it already and give us the OGs with the correct outsole. Smoked sole is epitome of what we DON’T want.
I know I've said this a billion times ... I just cannot wrap my head around what their thinking is on never giving us the OG pair for real. If it was a case of them thinking this style of 11 low is a niche shoe no one today cares about and doesn't sell, fair enough. But that's obviously not the case when they crank out loads of random colorways that mean nothing. Like that "highlighter" pack from not long ago. Clowns will put out an all volt version of these but not the OGs. Rad. They're sitting on the OG makeup as if it's their ace in the hole for a rainy day when sales are in the toilet, like it's the Concords or black/red mids. It makes absolutely zero sense.

I know I've said this a billion times ... I just cannot wrap my head around what their thinking is on never giving us the OG pair for real. If it was a case of them thinking this style of 11 low is a niche shoe no one today cares about and doesn't sell, fair enough. But that's obviously not the case when they crank out loads of random colorways that mean nothing. Like that "highlighter" pack from not long ago. Clowns will put out an all volt version of these but not the OGs. Rad. They're sitting on the OG makeup as if it's their ace in the hole for a rainy day when sales are in the toilet, like it's the Concords or black/red mids. It makes absolutely zero sense.

I feel like I've had this conversation with you guys before, but what do you want them to do with the outsole on these? The OG was smoked. Granted, it wasn't as dark as the retro, but if the options are darker smoke and ice/clear, I'm taking darker smoke. I feel like the closest they would be able to get any more would be the pre-yellowed stuff they used on the OW 5's.

Maybe it's what you don't want

Smoked sole > OG that turns piss yellow

I feel like I've had this conversation with you guys before, but what do you want them to do with the outsole on these? The OG was smoked. Granted, it wasn't as dark as the retro, but if the options are darker smoke and ice/clear, I'm taking darker smoke. I feel like the closest they would be able to get any more would be the pre-yellowed stuff they used on the OW 5's.
I'm of the view they can make it look like the OG if they want to; why can't they? That said, if I had to take my pick only from XI outsole treatments that we've already seen in the past few years, personally I would take clear vs this smoked thing they started way back in 2003. I don't even call them smoked, they're translucent black/very dark gray soles. Heck, they could use the milky version of the XI outsole from the 72/10s or Baron lows and that would look a lot more accurate to me. It would certainly look better even if it was still technically wrong.

I'm of the view they can make it look like the OG if they want to; why can't they? That said, if I had to take my pick only from XI outsole treatments that we've already seen in the past few years, personally I would take clear vs this smoked thing they started way back in 2003. I don't even call them smoked, they're translucent black/very dark gray soles. Heck, they could use the milky version of the XI outsole from the 72/10s or Baron lows and that would look a lot more accurate to me. It would certainly look better even if it was still technically wrong.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree here. I don't want anything close to clear or milky that's gonna degrade and turn into that nasty dirty yellow. I remember being really happy that they had darkened up the sole when I got my OG pair. Most of us were. That's why the dark smoke/grey/black on the retro was perfectly fine for me. They were actively taking steps to counter the yellowing. If they did another retro of the black/red and slapped an icy sole on them, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Maybe you consider it nubuck and that's fair but not me.. nubuck and durabuck is what I call BC IV's from 2012 and 2000 Infrared VI's respectively.

you very correct it was nothing near durabuck or nubuck but actually an extremely high quality leather that was super soft almost like lamb skin leather. I have yet to have seen any other Jordan have this type of leather. it was the real definition of buttery. even shattered backboards don't come close to the way this ie felt in hand.

The OG was smoked. Granted, it wasn't as dark as the retro, but if the options are darker smoke and ice/clear, I'm taking darker smoke.

SMH so you actually believe this (an actual smoked sole):
EBF674CE-0182-4F93-B51E-F8A116433E81.jpeg
2310F441-2E6E-455E-87C7-4D8FA6952C70.jpeg
14C441B5-ED1A-4ABE-B909-EB5FDE8EFC1C.jpeg

is too much to ask for and instead you prefer this:
AB109E2C-43E4-4778-8F5B-3A1D1CF18E38.jpeg

E51D24E5-ECAE-4D3A-8737-776E67C5A432.png
C02CC555-5260-4838-B60D-8CD19977D7C8.png

A smoked opaque sole is one thing, but an all out BLACK sole like the one you see here is another. The former should not be that damn hard for JB to replicate. With as many 11s as we all buy with the understanding that they’ll eventually yellow, I can’t believe y’all are defending JB with this black sole trash for the sake of trying to prevent yellowing or being worried that the shoe will eventually yellow over time. These in particular actually look amazing when they yellow anyway so I disagree about the piss yellow remark Magic33 Magic33 . I’m not saying that they should give it a clear sole because that wouldn’t be OG either but acting like the black sole they’ve been putting out is okay is laughable at best and y’all are wild’n lol. Give us the OG sole! Does that make sense? Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom