Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

any 1 know where i can get a pair of bamboo us9.5 close to retail ?

missed out on all the online releases for the bamboo >.<

thanks heaps
lol that's the exact size I need. If you go back a couple posts you can see where I said that I have been checking every US and EU site I know every couple hours for the past 4 days and haven't found anything. A size 10 popped up on eastbay/footlocker/champs/footaction on Monday, and EndClothing still has a 8.5 that has been there since release. I haven't came across anything else. I think production number were waaayyy too low for us to find any now. 

Last edited:

lol that's the exact size I need. If you go back a couple posts you can see where I said that I have been checking every US and EU site I know every couple hours for the past 4 days and haven't found anything. A size 10 popped up on eastbay/footlocker/champs/footaction on Monday, and EndClothing still has a 8.5 that has been there since release. I haven't came across anything else. I think production number were waaayyy too low for us to find any now. 
but then again u got members just strollin instore and be able to buy >.< lol i like them man but i dont like them for $450-500 shipped, thats like double retail

I know what you mean bro. Nike has a knack for sourcing the cheapest materials they can find. I had a pair of dolce and gabanna shoes which cost about as much as the xx8s and the leather on them was as smooth as butter. Never felt anything like that on a nike product

They are using synthetics because of everyone complaining about creases, plus its lightweight and more breathable than leather. Also, they can put really good leather on a D&G shoe because you aren't going to run them in the ground by playing ball in them. A casual shoe is just that, casual.

its gettin to the point where every release is an opportunity for potential resellers.  they r like yay another release another however much profit.  aint even bout the shoes nomore, its all about the numbers. 

people should be excited bout the next big release cos they like/love their shoes but shouldnt be excited bout how much they can make off the next sucker.  the bigger the release, bigger the profit

its actually real good + refreshin to c people rockin their shoes and postin pics of on-feet.  keep it up guys

Yea, must be nice. I'm limited to online. My state has never received a single pair of XX8's. 
same.  when it comes to releases the wonderful land of aus isnt so wonderful lol.  certain shoes r very hard to come by, infact i have more luck buyin shoes from overseas - online than buyin locally cos of the limited quantity of pretty much anythin/everythin "nice" lol

Yea, must be nice. I'm limited to online. My state has never received a single pair of XX8's. 
I think in Miami, I've only seen them at maybe Dadeland and Pembroke (maybe).

In Tampa, only FTA and occasionally Champs get them. I got lucky with the First color way as a FNL did a phone order for me despite not technically being able to.

If champs takes phone orders I think I can help a few people out. PM and I'll tell you where to lock. Not gonna blow up the spot for resellers

My desire has gone down quite a bit after on feet pics. I like the way they look off feet better- :D

That being said, I wouldn't turn em down under retail if that ever happened. Not about paying full price for em though knowing some colorways are available at outlets for 100-150.

I know most of you are "underwhelmed" by green camos in person, but anyone have em and have on feet pics? Just curious.

Thanks

My desire has gone down quite a bit after on feet pics. I like the way they look off feet better-
happy.gif

That being said, I wouldn't turn em down under retail if that ever happened. Not about paying full price for em though knowing some colorways are available at outlets for 100-150.

I know most of you are "underwhelmed" by green camos in person, but anyone have em and have on feet pics? Just curious.

Thanks
Hold on man. I don't think people have posted any good on-feet pics yet.  Some of the pics I've seen on-feet here are really bad, but I tried mine on last night and they look incredible when you wear them with jeans.  I'll try and take some and post tonight.

Jordan-XX8-Bamboo-18F.JPG

Jordan-XX8-Bamboo-5F.JPG

These shoes are actually pretty different than the other XX8s I have because they are leather.  The others I have are a synthetic shroud.  So, the reason why it is different is that when you wear them unzipped, the shroud lays down more than with lighter material.  My other XX8s are no match for this one.  This is my favorite of them all.  Tinker saved the best for last in my book.  I have more pics but didn't want to flood this site.  So, here's the link to my gallery http://www.888sneakerstreet.com/jordan-xx8-bamboo-close-up/

I'll have more on-feet pics with some different ways of wearing them tomorrow.

Who thinks nike's bluffing with the bamboos being the last xx8? I'm really hoping the lakers color eventually gets a release

The worst thing about the white bamboos is thinking about how dirty they will get if I wear them LOL!  I've never been one of those guys who doesn't wear shoes they buy, but these might be a first.  It would be heartbreaking to see those pearly white soles turn brown.

I think the xx8s are a wrap.  It's mostly just us on this board who want more LOL
Yeah, I read this interview with tinker, and while the writer didn't ask him, he did say that there's a feeling of discontent with JB that the xx8 didn't become a hypebeast shoe like kobes or lebrons and the were embraced mostly by ballers. The lebrons feel really plasticky.The hypebeasts can keep them. I love that JB is back to being the best  balling shoe

Last edited:

Yeah, I read this interview with tinker, and while the writer didn't ask him, he did say that there's a feeling of discontent with JB that the xx8 didn't become a hypebeast shoe like kobes or lebrons and the were embraced mostly by ballers. The lebrons feel really plasticky.The hypebeasts can keep them. I love that JB is back to being the best  balling shoe
I think the Kobes are gonna turn out to be the shoes that Tinker wanted the 28s to be.  For me, there wasn't enough heritage in Kobes  to put them up where Jordans are.  I'm really glad that I can get the Js more easily than most of the other signature shoes out there.  Still a huge fan.

Would love to see the article you are referring to.  Can you post a link if you can find it?

Well. In the end, we had the air bag issue. Also, they weren't doing themselves favor as these were limited as far as the places they could be purchased compared to the 3 Sigs, Jordan retro, etc. The price was also high. And the look of the shoe was polarizing.

They were definitely interesting, good performing. But they definitely dropped the ball.

I think that this shoe had major potential, but for 250 and limited availability, not to mention the air bag issue hurts this shoe. I think people are hesitant about buying it because if your shoe is defective it isn't like they'll send a replacement.

I think that this shoe had major potential, but for 250 and limited availability, not to mention the air bag issue hurts this shoe. I think people are hesitant about buying it because if your shoe is defective it isn't like they'll send a replacement.
That's true.  Even the Kobe 9s are less in price at $225.  Totally forgot about that part.  They missed the mark on price optimization.

I don't think the air bag is an issue except for us in this forum. General public isn't aware.

The issue is the high price and availability. Here in Tampa, the only place to really buy the XX8s was FTA University Mall (and sometimes Champs University). And it's not like they released anything too provocative like the Gator Kings, BHMs, Pre Heats, WTK, etc. Also, it's not like they have a star like Lebron, Kobe and KD. I'm not taking anything away from Westbrook. Honestly, the hottest Jordan Brand shoes are the retros. The other shoes are okay and obviously JB is Nikes biggest earner (including CP3, Melo, etc).

The price is high, but the shoes sold out the very instant they were released, so...    But I agree that availability was a MASSIVE problem. They made so few of the XX8's that I honestly don't even see why they made them at all. What was the point? I have $250 right here that I would gladly give to JB for these shoes, but they are no where to be found. JB really botched the XX8 as far as production numbers go.

Man I think these are better overall than the Kobe 9 and a ton better than the xx8 se. The way it contains the foot it's like the shroud makes it one with your foot. There's more tech here than the Kobe 9 as well. Zoom/flightplate > lunar. Who cares about what's well received or popular? Not me! People like anything with a swoosh jb is more subtle doesn't need big *** branding all over their shoes.

It's supposed to be their flagship shoe. The creme de la creme of basketball shoes. They should've had college and NBA players rocking them. There wasn't any IDs. Again, there wasn't any fan fare or high profile releases.

I shouldn't have been able to walk into the mall Sunday afternoon after the Crescent City sold out online. But again, the production run wasn't high and online is always a crap shoot with resellers.

Lebron X had Corks, Denims, Mints, Hazelnut, MVP, Champ Pack, ASG. The XI has had the FI, BHM, ASG and XMAS. KD6 had Preheats, BHM, N7, Gums, ASG, etc. Kobe 9 has gone poof (but it suffers from the small production run issue). My point is each of those Sigs had high profile releases, camping, etc.

Obviously the price didn't help. Nor did whatever their marketing strategy was. In fact, I'd say it was terrible. I think Addidas, Li Nang and Reebok did a better job, lol.

The point isn't popularity but simply the fact it's the Air Jordan XX8. It's supposed to be Nikes best basketball shoe. BMW, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, etc aren't downplaying their top car models.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom