Air Jordan XXXII (32)

It was about this time last year we heard from PO on what to expect with the design of the XXXI. It was also about this time last year Jordan Brand gave a teaser on their snapchat story with Kawhi talking about the XXXI. Im ready to move on and thought I'd start a thread to follow any news thats possibly out there in one place. I saw this pic on twitter and although this obviously is NOT it, It got me thinking.

View media item 2453364

Last edited:
I never seem to really like the even models, so I am hoping for my wallet's sake that the trend continues this time. I have 8 colorways of the XXXI, highs and lows included. The collector side of me wants to get 2 more just to have an even 10.

Before Dino switched sides he posted last summer the design trend of the new AJ would mimic the corresponding OGs. So we had the 31s inspired by the 1s, the 32s will follow the 2s. There's been increased attention to the IIs (via Don C / Decon) but the model lacks the storytelling and following so it'll be interesting to see what they build. Expect a new FlightSpeed setup, something that Russell can actually hoop in. The brand is also making a return to raw materials, as seen with the SF6.

Last edited:
Russ starting the promo. They'll likely have a countdown up soon for the live unveiling.

IMG_3080.JPG
Let's go!

Before Dino switched sides he posted last summer the design trend of the new AJ would mimic the corresponding OGs. So we had the 31s inspired by the 1s, the 32s will follow the 2s. There's been increased attention to the IIs (via Don C / Decon) but the model lacks the storytelling and following so it'll be interesting to see what they build. Expect a new FlightSpeed setup, something that Russell can actually hoop in. The brand is also making a return to raw materials, as seen with the SF6.

I was hoping this was a 1 time thing with the 1/31. Let's see how it goes.

Posting so I can watch this thread. Intrigued by the 32s being an update. I'd really like to see that Tommy Oleson guy get a job. His designs on Instagram are top notch.

Love the 31s. :pimp:

Interested in what JB comes up with for the 32s

Not feeling the high midsole arch near the heel. Otherwise doesn't look too bad.
Agreed - all in all the XXXI is a great design, I think for a lot of people it marked an exciting turning point in design approach for the sig line, but for me the jumpman on the side always felt pretty fudged in there. Looks like the high midsole on here is just somewhere to shove a jumpman, one of the things that I love about the Jordan 2 is the lack of in your face branding. A truely bold move for the XXX2 would have been to put an old school wings logo on the tongue, integrate a jumpan on the bottom of the sole design and leave it at that.

Those def have a jordan II design inspiration going on with the heel part. I'd guess that's a 32 sample as well.

More than the look I hope they fix the traction and give us special colorways like Galaxy and proper Quai 54. Not the boring bull we got from the XXX1.

IMG_3273.PNG
I don't think that is the xxx2 Melo is wearing. Yes the ankle and tongue looks inspired by the AJ2, but then again that is Melos favorite model. I did find this sketch in IG that could possibly be the xxx2...

air-jordan-2-retro-qf-2010-release-white-black-varsity-red-011218_1.jpg

i can see the inspiration on the heel piece... outsole not so much. Wonder if the leather material (heel on the 31) will have another place here.

IMG_3273.PNG
I don't think that is the xxx2 Melo is wearing. Yes the ankle and tongue looks inspired by the AJ2, but then again that is Melos favorite model. I did find this sketch in IG that could possibly be the xxx2...

Hopefully not. Lol.

^ That was the first thing that came to my mind. Looks like flyweave, maybe the new react midsole and hints of the Jordan II that just make me think about it being a 32 sample. It's also strange that they would "shine" more attention on the 32 after that picture was circulated with Russ and the Snapchat..

I like the idea of the new line being like modern day Retros. Lots of potential ideas, fun designs, and "what-ifs".

Back
Top Bottom