AIr jordan XXXV first info.

Happy Holidays ! I don't post much but I had a few questions from you about the 35.
My 12 year old son has the XXXIV Infrared and loves them. We are looking at getting the 35 for him for Christmas.
-Should we go true to size (he's an 8.5 now)?
-For people who have the Dynasties, is the translucent sole sticky enough? Do you like them?
-Should we instead be looking at a XXXIV low?

Happy Holidays ! I don't post much but I had a few questions from you about the 35.
My 12 year old son has the XXXIV Infrared and loves them. We are looking at getting the 35 for him for Christmas.
-For people who have the Dynasties, is the translucent sole sticky enough? Do you like them?

I can only commment on size and stick to TTS. It’s a better fit than the 34 in tts.

Pretty much what urn0tlike urn0tlike said. In my experience they do take a bit to get used to and break in, but once they're broken in he won't be dissapointed. I'm wearing mine like everyday now, the more I wear them the more comfortable and bounce I feel. I also had the first couple of wears feel strange at first, the front of the shoe feels very long. Also as my midsole is now creasing I'm starting to feel the bounce the 34s had. They're just not bouncy out of the box like the 34 was. I've got some lows of the 34, they're nice, but myself as a youngster wanted the newest pair available, plus I think you'd have to half size up IMO the toe cap on the lows makes the feel smaller than the mids. FYI hibbets has the heritage low 34s for $107.24 plus free shipping. They're running a 25% off sale, and they were already on sale so you'll see the discount when checking out.

16066683822666750721877224461429.jpg

Creasing^^^^^
Screenshot_20201129-110230_Hibbett  City Gear.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-110245_Hibbett  City Gear.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-110255_Hibbett  City Gear.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-110310_Hibbett  City Gear.jpg

Don't know you're financial situation, but lows have been on sale maybe just grab him both, I just check the resale price and it's lower than retail for all the GR lows on goat and srockx. I got lucky and grabbed some lows at an outlet for $57.00. But with as many heritages' still at retail I'd expect them to hit the outlets soon. Either way he won't bissapointed, I just think the newer model is the way to go if you're only getting one pair.

Last edited:

Happy Holidays! Is he wearing casual or to hoop?

If he's wearing casual only, I would default to the newest model so go 35. Also, if he likes the infrared he's obviously into flashier pairs and I think most of the flashier 34 lows have dried up on the primary market. The 35 so far has some flashier colors if you look into COG, Bayou Boys.

Def TTS as others have said on the 35.

Happy Holidays! Is he wearing casual or to hoop?

If he's wearing casual only, I would default to the newest model so go 35. Also, if he likes the infrared he's obviously into flashier pairs and I think most of the flashier 34 lows have dried up on the primary market. The 35 so far has some flashier colors if you look into COG, Bayou Boys.

Def TTS as others have said on the 35.
Thank you all for the advice. I appreciate the quick replies.
He's going to wear the shoes to play in. He definitely loves the flashy colors! I was hoping to find a Dynasty pair because he's been in his school district's Chinese immersion program. Again, thanks for your responses.

The 34 lows are going for cheap enough on Hibbetts, assuming you aren’t struggling financially like millions of Americans currently are, I would grab the 34 lows and a pair of 35s. Give him one pair now and one for Christmas or something as a surprise.

Both pairs of shoes will last much longer than if he only has one pair to wear daily. If you get the 34 lows, go .5 bigger than the 35s though.

The 34 lows are going for cheap enough on Hibbetts, assuming you aren’t struggling financially like millions of Americans currently are, I would grab the 34 lows and a pair of 35s. Give him one pair now and one for Christmas or something as a surprise.

Both pairs of shoes will last much longer than if he only has one pair to wear daily. If you get the 34 lows, go .5 bigger than the 35s though.
Thanks, that is a great deal. Our family is fortunate at this time, but we cannot take anything for granted. Stay safe and healthy NikeTalk fam.

Sooo glad the bayous restocked a couple places, I was worried they were gonna be like the bayou 34s and be very hard to get. Caught a break for once!!

This “hobby/money pit” has not been fun for me at all these last few months. Besides the Center of Gravity’s, I’ve struck out on basically all my favorite releases.

Luckily eBay is really coming through strong on their sneaker game lately with this (temporarily) free authentication, for the more expensive shoes especially I think that’s a huge plus.
Noticed that they started doing that when browsing every so often.
One of my pastimes whenever combing through for pairs ive yet to add is doing that "report" option or whatever its labeled as so they get prompted of bogus items up for grabs. Not sure if any get pulled for that but atleast its worth a try because some are clearly fake as hell and asking premium.

Noticed that they started doing that when browsing every so often.
One of my pastimes whenever combing through for pairs ive yet to add is doing that "report" option or whatever its labeled as so they get prompted of bogus items up for grabs. Not sure if any get pulled for that but atleast its worth a try because some are clearly fake as hell and asking premium.

I gave up on the whole reporting thing on eBay since they don't really do anything about it. this includes those sellers that would suddenly pull out the postings just before you win the bid or bid on their own postings to jack the price up. never bought something from eBay like maybe since 2013. and just bought like one item as a gift to a longtime friend back maybe in 2015 and that was about it. in general, eBay prices are no longer the same as they were when they first started and there are a lot more scams happening now than it was before. also, Amazon for instance got so bad about a couple of years ago (3-4 years) when a lot of those fake sellers similar to eBay started flooding it as well. it was horrible.

however, I'm glad that few of those fake shoe sites are no longer operational or dealt with more seriously now.

eBay has always been the best place for shoes Imo. Have gotten outrageous steals on there and never once a fake. Been buying and selling on there since 2003.
Likewise inregards to steals, a large sum of the collection has come directly from other sneakerheads.
Have only had two occasions since 2000 where someone tried passing fugazi pairs on me, key is sticking with 100% sellers with plenty of photos.

eBay has always been the best place for shoes Imo. Have gotten outrageous steals on there and never once a fake. Been buying and selling on there since 2003.

well good for you. been there since 2005. I got my share of buying fake jerseys (bad ones) in the wrong size. back then, uploaded pictures weren't clear and low res so couldn't really judge the items. shoe deals back then though were good. d/s or slightly used were sold as they should and not retail or over. I've spent thousands and sold thousands worth of merchandise on eBay just before I called it quits. ridiculous fees back then were non-existent and were within reasonable rate.

Likewise inregards to steals, a large sum of the collection has come directly from other sneakerheads.
Have only had two occasions since 2000 where someone tried passing fugazi pairs on me, key is sticking with 100% sellers with plenty of photos.
that was difficult to come by during that time period. Fugazis back then were really bad and easy to spot even with bad low res photos. I remember taking pictures of stuff on those old Nokia phones or low res digital cameras. since 2005, I have only encountered 2-3 reputable shoe sellers. today, we are just bombarded by scalpers which is as bad as fake stuff sellers.

Back
Top Bottom