AIr jordan XXXV first info.

Why does every shoe now have to have a nickname? Does the brand drive that? Or do they react and move from what others on the internet decide to call them. I got guys at work approaching me that are barely into shoes and talking about them by their nickname. I of all people there, had to go look them up to know what shoe they were mentioning.
For real, I really didnt know what the Warrior and DNA was. Had to look up Center of Gravity also. And I have followed this thread from the beginning and never paid attention to these names . When I would speak of them at work, I would say the White and Blacks or Black and reds.
The kids love the nicknames. :lol:

Why does every shoe now have to have a nickname? Does the brand drive that? Or do they react and move from what others on the internet decide to call them. I got guys at work approaching me that are barely into shoes and talking about them by their nickname. I of all people there, had to go look them up to know what shoe they were mentioning.
For real, I really didnt know what the Warrior and DNA was. Had to look up Center of Gravity also. And I have followed this thread from the beginning and never paid attention to these names . When I would speak of them at work, I would say the White and Blacks or Black and reds.
I’m still annoyed the He Got Game XIIIs have there nickname. That movie was terrible even though I have respect for Spike, Denzel, and Ray.

Seems like yesterday: Freshman year of college, the local mall had the ‘94 Chi 1 retros sitting there for what seemed like the whole year. I was into Jordan and Jordans and sneakers just as much then as I am now. And every time I’d be at the mall and walk past them, I’d laugh and say, who would ever buy those now? And no one disagreed LOL

I bought them as a joke for $24.99 :lol:

Last edited:
ever since the first pair of shattered backboard ones released a couple years back, all this frenzy generated around 1’s as if they were the only shoe worth anyone’s attention. To hypebeast’ anyway.

i like em a reasonable amount but im never gonna act like theyre the only sneaker worth going after bc thats simply not true. And as stated before, the basic framework for 1’s is shared by so many other shoes that released around that time. Tho dope, not the most Unique lookin shoe, by far.

BUT once all the social media “influencer” beasts decide what the “in/cool” shoe is, ALL the beast on the ground level follow.

is what it is.

BUT once all the social media “influencer” beasts decide what the “in/cool” shoe is, ALL the beast on the ground level follow.
f7FdEdG_d.jpg

ever since the first pair of shattered backboard ones released a couple years back, all this frenzy generated around 1’s as if they were the only shoe worth anyone’s attention. To hypebeast’ anyway.

i like em a reasonable amount but im never gonna act like theyre the only sneaker worth going after bc thats simply not true. And as stated before, the basic framework for 1’s is shared by so many other shoes that released around that time. Tho dope, not the most Unique lookin shoe, by far.

is what it is.

I believe it started that time. that shattered backboard thing. I could remember it because it was the first time I wore my Jordan 11 FTLOTG at work and a co-worker approached me regarding the shattered backboards. I never got into the 1s no matter how popular they became. for me, they are criminally overrated.

the company does that and some paid vbloggers do that no matter how they deny it. that's why I don't trusts hypes and go for what I really want. some of the nicknames are even way past ridiculous. Spiderman, Bayou Boys, and even collabs.

I believe it started that time. that shattered backboard thing. I could remember it because it was the first time I wore my Jordan 11 FTLOTG at work and a co-worker approached me regarding the shattered backboards. I never got into the 1s no matter how popular they became. for me, they are criminally overrated.
Im telling ya, if the 2 had a big swoosh on the side of it they would have beat those down our throats just as much. The Swoosh is the reason they never let up on ones.

To this day, the 1s phenomenon is hilarious to me. You are absolutely correct: NO ONE wanted 1s once Jordans became modern (really starting with the III), no one talked about them, and retros of the black/reds and Chicagos ROTTED on shelves. I will say, I can see the appeal of them as pretty simple shoes for casual wear, just like Dunks or any other bball shoe from the early-mid '80s that basically all looked a lot like each other. Every once in a while, I even almost buy a pair if I like the colorway. But how that shoe has become the end all be all, I will never understand :lol:

All the early retros rotted on shelves, but yes it got particularly ugly for the Jordan I. They were marked all the way down to $19.99 at one point at Just For Feet.

Yes. Nike sent out a press release announcing all of the colorways, what their nick names were, the reasoning for the names, etc.
Nicknames=Gimmicks. Never been a fan of either. They need to let the shoes design and colors sell. To me, the use of those above shows they are not confident in what they put out. Not every shoe has to have some super deep story. The REAL stories are with the consumer.

Last edited:
Nicknames=Gimmicks. Never been a fan of either. They need to let the shoes design and colors sell. To me, the use of those above shows they are not confident in what they put out. Not every story has to have a predetermined story. The REAL stories are with the consumer.

Things are just very different now. Ten or more colorways for a model, when there used to be a handful. Stories and mythos explaining every colorway. Yes, it's a gimmick, but Nike must feel it works. Personally, if it's some combo of white, black and red, I'm likely buying. Couldn't care less about the nick name, the background, the explanation. Inspired by a boat Michael Jordan's cousin rented once to celebrate the 12th anniversary of Michael's fourth rebound in his sixth season.

More photoshops. We still can dream.
Screenshot_20201021-190146_Chrome.jpg

P P_B_Js
Screenshot_20201021-190345_Chrome.jpg
The White and Flints are hella clean, heres what i was going to do with todays drop:
NTBred1.png

NTBred2.png

NTBred3.png

Nicknames=Gimmicks. Never been a fan of either. They need to let the shoes design and colors sell. To me, the use of those above shows they are not confident in what they put out. Not every shoe has to have some super deep story. The REAL stories are with the consumer.
This to the 100th degree lol. I started doing it because its shorter to say but growing up this **** would have been corny as hell lol.

Yes they are. Hard to get with it honestly. I try though.

Well having followed this stuff for a few decades, there are some things I don't like as much now, but certainly still plenty to like now.

#1 - The technology, comfort and support have greatly improved over the years, no question. The Air Jordan continues to be a performance beast most years.

#2 - The prices have become far more reasonable. In 2020, the new Air Jordan is $180. The first $180 shoe I ever bought was the Foamposite in 1997. $180 in 2020 would be $111 in 1997 dollars when adjusted for inflation.

#3 - There is more variety now in colorways, so people can choose something that is best suited for their tastes.

Seems like yesterday: Freshman year of college, the local mall had the ‘94 Chi 1 retros sitting there for what seemed like the whole year. I was into Jordan and Jordans and sneakers just as much then as I am now. And every time I’d be at the mall and walk past them, I’d laugh and say, who would ever buy those now? And no one disagreed LOL
That is so crazy bro! I love hearing these stories man like so damn much it's so cool too hear OG stories bro. What did you guys think about the 3s and 4s when they first dropped? Was any of the OG line like wierd to you all?

The White and Flints are hella clean, heres what i was going to do with todays drop:
NTBred1.png

NTBred2.png

NTBred3.png

This to the 100th degree lol. I started doing it because its shorter to say but growing up this **** would have been corny as hell lol.

Can I see these with only the inside front panels red? Por favor!!?!

Back
Top Bottom