Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Just story I thought I’d share. I was playing in a tennis tournament wearing my infrared PF lows and someone came up to me and asked how I liked wearing 36s for tennis. We got to chatting and he eventually told me his name was Tate and he was the lead designer on the 36 and a bunch of other models over the years. He works for Wilson now as head of footwear.

Just story I thought I’d share. I was playing in a tennis tournament wearing my infrared PF lows and someone came up to me and asked how I liked wearing 36s for tennis. We got to chatting and he eventually told me his name was Tate and he was the lead designer on the 36 and a bunch of other models over the years. He works for Wilson now as head of footwear.
Good stuff. Did he say why he left? I would have had questions like : do they still product test shoes? Like how did the 31, which he was the lead designer on get the okay with that terrible traction? Or the 38’s with the X-plate issue. Like when you have a good performance shoe, but people are seeing the same issue across the board. What’s the feeling within the brand? No one in testing, if they still do it, experience any X-Plate issues? Why do they like using clear outsoles so much? To what extent do they value this website when making decisions? Etc.

Last edited:
Tate Kuerbis. Was at JB for a long time. That would have been an awesome convo.

Good stuff. Did he say why he left? I would have had questions like : do they still product test shoes? Like how did the 31, which he was the lead designer on get the okay with that terrible traction? Or the 38’s with the X-plate issue. Like when you have a good performance shoe, but people are seeing the same issue across the board. What’s the feeling within the brand? No one in testing, if they still do it, experience any X-Plate issues? Why do they like using clear outsoles so much? To what extent do they value this website when making decisions? Etc.
He didn’t. We chatted about shoes for a bit and he asked why I like the 36s for tennis and I explained why but he didn’t really offer up too much insight as to what went into the design or why he left. I just said if you make a shoe with some bounce at Wilson I’ll demo them. Extremely nice and he said he sent some pictures of me playing to some of his friends at Jordan brand but didn’t seem like he wanted to chat about Nike/jordan very much and I didn’t want to be annoying. The conversation caught me off guard so I wasn’t really prepped for it lol.

It was my first time playing in 36s yesterday. I played in the infrared lows. They felt amazing! after an hour, for some reason I start to remember all the chatter here about the fact that they are pinky killers... 2 minutes later, I felt the burn in my pinky... Had to change to my lebron 16s. I wonder if .5 would solve the issue, I got those in outlets for cheap and didn't have 12.5

It was my first time playing in 36s yesterday. I played in the infrared lows. They felt amazing! after an hour, for some reason I start to remember all the chatter here about the fact that they are pinky killers... 2 minutes later, I felt the burn in my pinky... Had to change to my lebron 16s. I wonder if .5 would solve the issue, I got those in outlets for cheap and didn't have 12.5
my pinky is fine. I'm half-size up. they are not like the GT Jumps which for me are pinky killers.

Back
Top Bottom