Air Max 360 BBall review

Ball on Air, or Air Ball?
The Air Max 360 is one of the most anticipated non Jordan releases from Nike Basketball since the introduction of the Shox line back in 2000 with the BB4.
This shoe pays homage to the past while bringing some of Nike's newest technology to the basketball court. The sockliner has the past and future of the Force line with images of Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, and Amare Stoudemire on them.
These were supposed to be Amare's playoff shoes, but because of his injury they were only worn in an NBA game (to the best of my knowledge) by the legendary Pat Burke.

When I first saw this shoe, I was excited because it had everything I look for in a basketball shoe: great cushioning and a higher cut with a strap for ankle support. This shoe looked promising and couldn't wait for the introduction.

When I first wore them around the house after getting them from Eastbay, the thing I noticed was the cushioning. While not as soft as the AM 360 runners, the 360 BBall seemed to have a great cushioning system. It was firm without being too springy. It did, however have a high off the ground feel. Being that I play the post, it didn't bother me as much as it would bother a guard.

360.JPG

Sizing
This shoe fits true to size. There is an inner bootie type of structure, but not a true inner bootie. It provides a good fit without being too tight and I was able to get my ankle braces in them without much of a problem

Fit
Like most Force shoes, the AM360 is not designed for people with very narrow feet. They seem pretty average. I don't have an overly wide foot, and they were quite comfortable.
10/10

Comfort
Comparing the AM360 to other shoes in the Force line, the comfort level is extremely high. There doesn't seem to be any seams that rub or anything that may cause discomfort in this shoe. They fit excellently without any slipping, and I didn't even have to tie them very tightly. The ankle strap wasn't too restrictive either.
10/10

Ankle Support
The ankle support in these shoes is top of the line. The eyelets go all the way to the top of the higher cut shoes, even though there is an ankle strap. I tried these on without my ankle braces before I actually played in them and they felt as if I could play confidently without wearing the ankle braces. I did, however wear the braces to play in anyway, because I don't have the confidence in my ankles to hold up without them. It may be a mental thing, but whatever works.
10/10

Cushioning
By far the most cushioned full length max shoe I have owned. As I said before, the high off the ground feel may not be for guards that prefer zoom based air, however for anyone that likes Max Air based shoes, these take cushioning to a different level.
While the ads say "ball on air" you don't feel as if you are walking on air, but they are closer than anything else I have worn. The cushioning is firm and supportive for a pounding in the paint but you can tell when you land that there is a great deal of cushioning for your weight.
The forefoot is where I noticed the most difference from previous max based shoes. Usually, even in full max shoes, the forefoot area is very hard. With these I noticed a much higher level of cushioning. Not like zoom air, with its sponginess, but a more firm, supportive cushion.
10/10

Weight/Position
I am about 190 lbs. and I play the post primarily.
These are definately FORCE shoes. They aren't meant for a guard who uses speed as a weapon. Stick to zoom air if you need more of a court feel shoe. If you have liked max air shoes in the past, these will be ones you will want to try.

While the $160 price tag is a bit on the high side, the cushioning is worth it.

Overall:
9/10
They would be a 10/10 if they were about $25 less expensive. For their price you'd almost expect them to come in a platinum box or something special like the Jordans.
I would rank these up there with the best big man type shoes I have ever worn.
Tomorrow I have a league game and I will see if my opinion changes after I play in them a second time.

2005-2006 Phoenix Suns
Appreciated!
"I have no respect for him. I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual." -Raja Bell, about Kobe Bryant​
Check out my blog: sunsfanblog.blogspot.com

thanks, i may have to cop if they come out with better colors
you know how they say that Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just like regular Dr. Pepper? Well somebody F***** up!!!

You gave every single category a 10/10 yet in your final score you have it a 9/10...wow. Anyways the shoe felt really heavy when I held it in store. That alone makes me not want to buy it.

still 2 expensive for non-jordan bball shoes
Jesus Christ Had Dreads....So Shake 'Em! I Ain't Got None But I'm Plannin' On Growin' Some!

Thanks! for the review my pair is on the way in my house I don't care for the price tag as long as it's Amare's shoes
happy.gif

I wish the black/orange P.E comes out

[size=+2]
I've seen the future of the NBA his name is Amare Stoudemire -Shaquille O'Neal
[/size]

Quote:
You gave every single category a 10/10 yet in your final score you have it a 9/10...wow

That was due to the price. THe performace is 10/10 but the price takes it down a notch.
I did mention that in the review.

Quote:
They would be a 10/10 if they were about $25 less expensive.

Don't they teach reading comprehension in school still?

Appreciated![/b]​
[/b]

I don't see how 25$ separates a sneaker from being a 9/10 to a 10/10...just saying.
NDS Nike Hyperflights size 9 in Yellow/black for sale. Used once. No box, but another Nike box will be included. Looking for 100$, nothing less. Email me for offers. [email protected]

^ Because it's an excellent shoe...however for $160 I'd expect something extra (Other than the biggest shoe box I have ever seen)

Appreciated![/b]​
[/b]

MatrixStat can you post a pics of your 360 and the box Thanks!
happy.gif

[size=+2]
I've seen the future of the NBA his name is Amare Stoudemire -Shaquille O'Neal
[/size]

I wait for the other colorway they look like I am going Trick or Treating with them!!

The quality of this shoe should be in every NIKE!!!

Back
Top Bottom