Air Max Tailwind Retro (2019)

FSR back up on Nike. Had the navy and yellow CW of these back in the 7th grade. Not sure if I wanna get these and drop another $200 on the IVs next week though.

Ughhh no sz 13

Wanted to do the same. You could possibly call them and have it applied. People seem to have pretty good luck doing that.
Yea I talked to them and it’s still considered a launch release and I can’t apply the coupon to it. Told me to keep checking cause they don’t know when its moved from the launch release. I have a month to use the coupon before it expires :frown:

Ever since the AM 1 Curries, I've always been so wrong about GRs sitting or selling out lol.
Oh well shrug, I have a pair coming. Won't worry about missing some discounts and be happy I got my perfect size.

AQ2567-002

2018 - AQ2567-002 - 101.png
2018 - AQ2567-002 - 102.png
2018 - AQ2567-002 - 103.png
2018 - AQ2567-002 - 104.png
2018 - AQ2567-002 - 105.png
2018 - AQ2567-002 - 106.png

There was a Finishline Exclusive colorway that dropped around 2001. Black mesh with black patent rands with a clear sole I think. They dropped alongside a Tailwind V+ in the same scheme. Billy or anyone else have pics of these? I've searched all over but no luck. I've still got a pair of the V+ I can post if it's any help. I'd really like to see that colorway re-released.

SNS pair arrived today. Poor Nike QC on my pair, especially the midsole, which was covered in what I think is black paint over spray and sloppy.
Fit wise, absolutely perfect 12.5, would not have fit into a 12.
-
One thing though, could be just me, but the shoe feels "low". I've always remembered the upper height to be "higher, but these seem to be very low- almost low as no show socks.

Shoe comfort is better than you’d expect and that’s only from one wear. Will be amazing once worn in.

Oh yes, I was a little worried these would feel like 97s (brick hard to me), but they do feel closer to '93s - which somehow I find are the most comfortable cushion among the retro AMs.

I'm probably not remembering how they were in '02 about the upper height stuff. QC and stuff aside, the CW is dope.

Finally got my Volts in from stock X. Quality on my pair is pretty lack luster to say the least. Stains and paint splashes everywhere on the air bubble.
Then to make it worse, my shoe lace on one has a giant black stain I assume from material on the tongue.

Fit for me was def half size up. I have a wide foot. If I went TTS I wouldn't have been able to wear em.

SNS pair arrived today. Poor Nike QC on my pair, especially the midsole, which was covered in what I think is black paint over spray and sloppy.
Fit wise, absolutely perfect 12.5, would not have fit into a 12.
-
One thing though, could be just me, but the shoe feels "low". I've always remembered the upper height to be "higher, but these seem to be very low- almost low as no show socks.

Agree with you across the board. Oh well on the quality I guess, they're gonna be beaters anyways. For $160, quality should be a notch or two better IMO.

I purposely have not commented on quality since I got my pair. My take was that the quality was ok nothing spectacular. Then I thought maybe it was just me. I literally looked at the 3 pair my store got and grabbed the best one. The shoe they had on display was absolutely terrible. I hope everyone that ordered and could not see them first is pleased with their pair.

Just got mine
qc is garbage, comfort is there though
I .5'd a size up, but overall this silouhette isn't doing it for me, shame too bc this was the colorway I wanted most

saw them in the store yesterday and i have to say that the shape sux on these, the upper on these new retros sits much lower than the TW retros from 15 years ago, its just look like if someone has stepped on them or something like that, those clowns at nike can never leave the shape alone, those mofos always need to fk up the shape and make the shoe more profitable with $15 cents, they have zero intention to give the consumer a comfortable and good looking shoe, i hope that one day adidas or other brands will surpass nike, that will maybe teach those clowns at nike a good lesson

QC on my size 14 was actually pretty good, just one noticeable flaw (gap at the end of the midsole foam made the rubber outsole toe cap look crooked). Comfort is okay, mostly due to the insanely cushioned ortholite insole. But these things are HEAVY.

I have narrow feet and went TTS, as my only choices are 14 or size up to 15. I had plenty of room in terms of width but these are very "exact" lengthwise. Thankfully just enough wiggle room though.

Not worth the $160 IMO, even though I understand the price. I feel bad for people that paid $190 for the supremes though :sick:

saw them in the store yesterday and i have to say that the shape sux on these, the upper on these new retros sits much lower than the TW retros from 15 years ago, its just look like if someone has stepped on them or something like that, those clowns at nike can never leave the shape alone, those mofos always need to fk up the shape and make the shoe more profitable with $15 cents, they have zero intention to give the consumer a comfortable and good looking shoe, i hope that one day adidas or other brands will surpass nike, that will maybe teach those clowns at nike a good lesson

Ok so maybe I'm remembering right. Last pair I had was around '02, some white/black cw. To me this current retro just felt so low.
Colorway awesome, quality is the opposite. Paying retail when resell is below cost :stoneface: :angry:
Will still enjoy wearing them. >D

Back
Top Bottom