Air Max Tailwind Retro (2019)

QC on my size 14 was actually pretty good, just one noticeable flaw (gap at the end of the midsole foam made the rubber outsole toe cap look crooked). Comfort is okay, mostly due to the insanely cushioned ortholite insole. But these things are HEAVY.

I have narrow feet and went TTS, as my only choices are 14 or size up to 15. I had plenty of room in terms of width but these are very "exact" lengthwise. Thankfully just enough wiggle room though.

Not worth the $160 IMO, even though I understand the price. I feel bad for people that paid $190 for the supremes though :sick:

strike-that-reverse-it.gif

I took a better look at both shoes together on-foot and the paneling on the front of the shoes is so bad that left/right look like different models. Yikes.

Already ordered a fresh pair from NDC, keeping these in case I have to mix and match...then returning.

I’m legit surprised that people are surprised about the quality. Pics did them justice for me. And don’t get me started on that shape. Just plain awful.

Finally got my Volts in from stock X. Quality on my pair is pretty lack luster to say the least. Stains and paint splashes everywhere on the air bubble.
Then to make it worse, my shoe lace on one has a giant black stain I assume from material on the tongue.

Fit for me was def half size up. I have a wide foot. If I went TTS I wouldn't have been able to wear em.

Just buy a pair from Nike and send them back those **** ones you got.

Similar price to TNs, similar QC issues. Nike seemed to really step up in 2017 in this regard, particularly PRM releases it this year there have been some car crashes of pairs I've seen.

Sorry to hear you all have quality issues. My pair was fine. Can’t comment on how they compare to older releases though.

My came in yesterday but didn't even get a chance to check the quality on them. Crossing fingers.

saw them in the store yesterday and i have to say that the shape sux on these, the upper on these new retros sits much lower than the TW retros from 15 years ago, its just look like if someone has stepped on them
I'm not surprised. I never had these before but on most promo pics I thought they looked sort of flat. So either they were flat, or they used sz 15s for most of those pics. Which they usually don't.

And a few other retros look flat-ish as well (Span, Icarus, Skylon also slightly).

Pulled the trigger and copped from Notre for 15% off last week and now they have them for 30% off smh. I glanced in the box just now at what has to be one of the worst AM retros in a while. I just returned a pair of On Air 98s because I was underwhelmed when I got them.....but they were flawless. I paid 136 shipped for these and Idk what to think. And this is one of my top 5 Nikes.

So this retro not worth the time or money?

The am 180s or whatever they were called the late 90s model retros were junk too.

So I got my replacement pair from NDC, and while there are numerous flaws--none of them are as bad as my original pair.

BUT...i discovered something weird.

- the new pair came with a stiff, unglued insole that was grey and said something to the effect of "anatomical" blah blah
- the original pair (also from NDC), came with a dual-layer ortholite insole that had blue and red foams and was super cushy.

Which insole did you guys get?

17943B13-3042-4960-8F00-185BC957DCE8.jpeg
210278F8-3A7A-40DF-BF59-C8FD7535294A.jpeg

Anatomical insole for me too.
Doesn’t feel too stiff but is pretty flimsy.
I’m probably wrong but thought this was “og” too

In any case I’m feeling a little conflicted about this release. Some regrets tbh...

17943B13-3042-4960-8F00-185BC957DCE8.jpeg
210278F8-3A7A-40DF-BF59-C8FD7535294A.jpeg

Anatomical insole for me too.
Doesn’t feel too stiff but is pretty flimsy.
I’m probably wrong but thought this was “og” too

In any case I’m feeling a little conflicted about this release. Some regrets tbh...

This anatomical insole used to come with the Air Max Plus back in the day too. Was a solid sturdy insole for the original release but it feels flimsier now.

Also noticing the shape on my NDC pair is better, less of the banana toe. Super weird how different the quality is on these from pair to pair.

The pair I kept was made a month before the pair I sent back.

But I swapped for the cushy ortholite insoles and sent the bad pair back with the "original" grey foam things. The anatomical insoles didn't even match! One was a size 13T-14T and the other was a 15-16 that had been cut really short. Quite literally defeating the purpose of anatomical features when an insole is off by 5/8s of an inch. What a mess.

Back
Top Bottom