AJ IV: military vs. cool grey

I got $170 as a gift for the sole purpose of buying a pair of jordans.

Im so used to buying things overpriced a didnt realize what a selection of J's i could buy with that money.

Anyway, the pairs I wound up looking at most came down to the military IVs or the cool grey IVs.

To those who own either pair, were you happy with your purchase?

To those who own both, which one do you feel was a better shoe/ cop?

please explain.

The Military IV has a reputation for poor quality.

My Cool Grey IVs were of poor quality too however: Paint on the midsole started cracking and flaking on the second wear.

Additionally, on some pairs the midsole on one shoe is a slightly different shape than the other.

Neither seems like a good way to spend $170.

Originally Posted by swingshot

The Military IV has a reputation for poor quality.

My Cool Grey IVs were of poor quality too however: Paint on the midsole started cracking and flaking on the second wear.

Additionally, on some pairs the midsole on one shoe is a slightly different shape than the other.

Neither seems like a good way to spend $170.

the quality is actually decent on cool grey`s, they crack due to the fact that they`re 04`s. mili`s are "low quality"(everyone's picky like crazyhere, so that doesnt mean much) but i like mine, they`re easy to rock. id recommend either, but you can get them for much lower than 170

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

the quality is actually decent on cool grey`s, they crack due to the fact that they`re 04`s.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Perhaps the majority of people who have the Cool Grey IVs had no midsole paint problems. I know however thatsome other people who post here have had the problem.

I had both and both where poor quality. My cool greys where cracking but i guess due to age. I guess the better choice would be cool greys

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

the quality is actually decent on cool grey`s, they crack due to the fact that they`re 04`s.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Perhaps the majority of people who have the Cool Grey IVs had no midsole paint problems. I know however that some other people who post here have had the problem.
i've seen it a lot too myself. i think thats gonna be true for all of the jordan's the use that painted foam midsole, which is a brutalidea imo. 4's crack, and thats just the way it is.

as far as the CGs go, its 2009..pairs are almost 5 years old. so they are gonna crack regardless. i thought that the quality on the CGs weren't too bad.military IVs are one of the worst in terms of quality.

don't spend your $170 on it though. At most maybe $120 for the militaries and $150 for the CGs.

IMO it's no contest. creasing is much worse on the Military IVs and I think the overall quality is worse as well. The Cool Gray is a much better colorway.

personally, i like the military's. so clean. the cool gray's seem dull to me.

I have both, militarys and cools match with a lot, more people on the street have the military's though.

i have the cool greys had the same choice as you and i picked the cool greys i like em fire in my eyes

Mili IV's have very bad quality, but I think the colorway os better than the CG. CG are more valuable moneywise though. The Mili IV's dont go for 170,maybe at the most 140 DS.

i wasnt planning on spending the whole 170 because i know what each shoe is worth.

i was just wondering with that money, i can either have one or the other, which were you guys more happy with?

i guess the both have an equal amount of pros and cons

cool greys: better quality, older, more prone to cracking

militaries: worse quality, better colorway, less expsensive

i guess im in the same situation i started with
tired.gif

SMH at my inability to make decisions.

Back
Top Bottom