AJ XXX (30)

I find the 30 toebox more narrow, but not really  "tighter" if that makes sense. Depends on the width of your feet.

The real question between those two models is how you feel about your heel area. Some people have had problems (you can read in this thread) about the heel cups on the 30. Don't remember seeing any of that with the XX9. I didn't have a problem with the 30's personally.
Will I know from a try on whether the heel will be a problem?

I'm normally a size 13 in everything.

Will a 14 in these be too long?
I'm a 13 as well and I tried a 14 on instore before and they fit pretty loose on my feet. There was a lot of creases on the medial and lateral sides of the shoes. They looked pretty bad imo.

I'm a 13 as well and I tried a 14 on instore before and they fit pretty loose on my feet. There was a lot of creases on the medial and lateral sides of the shoes. They looked pretty bad imo.

Hmm. Maybe I won't order them then. I remember trying on a 13 right after release of the lauch colorway and it felt very snug in the toe box to the point I wouldn't buy that size. I didn't recall anything about length.

Sounds like may be too much though?

Hmm. Maybe I won't order them then. I remember trying on a 13 right after release of the lauch colorway and it felt very snug in the toe box to the point I wouldn't buy that size. I didn't recall anything about length.

Sounds like may be too much though?

I think I would have to agree with the other ACROYAL. I'm an 11, and personally I hate to much extra shoe on the length aspect. I felt the 11 had the length I liked, but my foot just wouldn't be happy in these and my right foot down from the toes was burning. Just my experience and I hope it helps.

Story: So I originally never thought the Jordan 30 was a shoe I would own but as time went on, I grew fond of them. When pics 1st surfaced, I wasn't too drawn to them. I could have bought the all star color way early, as I had an email from Nike to preorder but I didn't see it until it was too late. I happened to see them at footlocker a few weeks after release and was surprised by the look & build in person but they didn't have my size, so I kept it moving. Months pass and the other colors hit discount, so I decided to cop the black pair from ndc early August during tax free weekend here in TX. Was completely blown away by how nice they looked on feet, and I've been friending for more ever since.

This past week, when I went to pick up some raffle tickets for the banned 1's, I saw the all star's and the breds on the shelf for $129. Asked for a 13 in the all star but they had a 14. Tried it on but they didn't look good on feet. The worker told me they could order a 13 and have it shipped, so I jumped on it. Got em in a couple days ago, and MAN are they nice! Even better I paid below retail so I couldn't be happier!

Might even like em more than the banned 1's!
View media item 2155356

^Didn't look good as in appeared too long? Or too large fitting?

I'm just on the fence with what to do. I know when I tried on a 13 it was uncomfortably tight in toe box. But I don't want my foot to be swimming. It may be a case of the shoes just aren't for me.

EDIT: Ordered the 14. Will try on once they arrive and decide for myself. Nike is fantastic with returns and I had the funds sitting in PayPal so not money out my bank account. Got the UNCs. Blackcats looked very nice as well but I own too many black/majority black shoes.

Last edited:
^Didn't look good as in appeared too long? Or too large fitting?

I'm just on the fence with what to do. I know when I tried on a 13 it was uncomfortably tight in toe box. But I don't want my foot to be swimming. It may be a case of the shoes just aren't for me.

EDIT: Ordered the 14. Will try on once they arrive and decide for myself. Nike is fantastic with returns and I had the funds sitting in PayPal so not money out my bank account. Got the UNCs. Blackcats looked very nice as well but I own too many black/majority black shoes.

It may just be the way my foot is shaped, but my feet didn't fill out the shoe very well. Like the upper material wrinkled up a lot and it looked awkward to me. Maybe your feet are wider than mine so the 14 may fit you perfectly?

So my XXX are my favorite shoe to ball in but that Achilles bump still bothers me form time to time. Has anyone come up with a fix or workaround because I really want to keep this as my go to shoe

Finally received my new pair today, 1st was defective, 2nd was delayed and then cancelled, 3rd order delayed then finally shipped to me. Took about a month to get another pair from Nike but I'm good now. These feel good overall with no major issues when wearing, cushioning feels good to me, almost to the point that I feel I can take a run in these.

So my XXX are my favorite shoe to ball in but that Achilles bump still bothers me form time to time. Has anyone come up with a fix or workaround because I really want to keep this as my go to shoe

I have hooped in the 30s quite a bit and worn the casually, and never had the Achilles problem until last week. I had them on with some hyper elite socks and the right shoe rubbed my Achilles raw. Thought it would be an ongoing problem, but after a couple of days and letting my Achilles heal, I went back to hooping in them with regular elites and no problems.

So in summary, could be the socks, depending on the material/thickness they could give you problems.

Had to make a run to home depot and wore blackouts.
Achilles pads adjusted after a few minutes.
Shoes feel good. Hard to choose what feels better, 29 or 30.

Do yourself a favor and grab a pair of xx9 or xxx1.
The xxx only provide a better foot lock down than the xx9.
Anything else is not better but even worse.
The xx9 has the best upper comfort from the tip of the toe to the ankle part.
Don't know how JB could release them with the ankle issue that causes much irritation of the wearer.
It's as bad as the zoom popping issue of the xx8.
Clearly bad weartesting efforts.
The creasing of the xxx material looks absolutely ridiculous.
Saw them during the Olympics and they looked even bad on feet.
I totally skipped the xxx as tinker also rushed it's design.

Last edited:
XX8 Zoom popping.
XX9 perfection.
XXX Upper and ankle issues.
XXX1 traction issues.

Sounds like solid QC, premium pricing.

XX8 Zoom popping.
XX9 perfection.
XXX Upper and ankle issues.
XXX1 traction issues.

Sounds like solid QC, premium pricing.

I'm surprised that they don't just take the tooling of the XX9 and turn it into a Team Jordan shoe. The shoe was so well recieved from a performance standpoint, idk why they didn't just capitalize on it's success.

Personally, I haven't had any ankle issues with these, I wear stance, hyper elite and the JB equivalent version which name I forget. Only issue for me is the traction pattern on the insole, the small amount my foot moves is enough to feel the slight abrasion after use, not big enough to switch the insole though.

Back
Top Bottom