"MervYns"
laugh.gif

but anyway, id look for another job, i heard on the news they might close down

Originally Posted by wanksta23

"MervYns"
laugh.gif

but anyway, id look for another job, i heard on the news they might close down

not "might"

they are closing down, all the mervyns across the U.S.

So its true .. Some lady told me today but wasnt sure if it was true or not .

i actually did. worked at corporate in the mens' shoes department for 3 yrs.

and yes, they are closing up shop. mostly everyone at corporate will be gone by next friday. after that, a skeleton crew will man the office until mid-november when the corporate office will be shut down.

all stores should be closed up by end of the year.

How sad, they just put up a new Mervyns right across the street from Newpark Mall. I wonder what are they going to do with space after they leave.

Originally Posted by XLRG

How sad, they just put up a new Mervyns right across the street from Newpark Mall. I wonder what are they going to do with space after they leave.
smh.gif
they should have just left it in the mall.

Originally Posted by nikeballer1

damn my sister works there too and thats how i i got my LEVIS so cheap fck.

well my sister doesnt work there
laugh.gif
BUT i get my LEVIS from there HELLAcheap
happy.gif
Now where am i going to get that
mad.gif

Originally Posted by EdgarVega4

Originally Posted by nikeballer1

damn my sister works there too and thats how i i got my LEVIS so cheap fck.

well my sister doesnt work there
laugh.gif
BUT i get my LEVIS from there HELLA cheap
happy.gif
Now where am i going to get that
mad.gif
kohl's.

Thing is I bought some jeans for my Dad at a closing one, and they were the wrong size, I figured since they didn't have the size I could exchange them atanother store. I went to exchange them for the right size at another store that was not closing and they wouldn't let me. Is there a way I can get aroundthis? Now I just want to exchange them for my size. They are 501 STF. I can't shrink them to my size unfortunately, because they are size 40.

Originally Posted by XLRG

i was thinking the same thing...

Mervyns was the place for me to shop when I was in elementary school. At the time, I thought Bugle Boy was THE brand to have. In this tough retail market,it's kind of sad to see them go knowing that Mervyns was part of my childhood.

From an article I recently read.

Mervyns plans to hire an outside liquidator to hold going-out-of-business sales during the holidays. The company said it determined liquidating its inventory was the best way to maximize value for its creditors. Company officials declined to comment beyond the press release.
Trendy retailer Forever 21 Inc. has reportedly expressed interested in the remaining 149 stores, but the company did not return calls for comment Friday.

Oh well. There's still Target and Kohl's...

It's weird to see Mervyns going out of business since I remember the grand opening at the one near hilltop years ago they had music and girls on rollerskates handing out ice cream to everyone haha.

My dad's friend used to go into Mervys, pick up hella clothes, walk up to the register and just return them. Dude would always have gift cards for like$200-$300. He's probably the single reason they are going out of business
laugh.gif

here's the scoop.

mervyns was bought from target about 3 yrs ago. the investment companies that held on tomervyns, sold the real estate (the store locations) and re-leased it back to mervyns at a higher rate (versus the "mortgage" mervyns was paying). this partially has something to do with them going under. there's a lawsuit currently against the former investors. forever 21 moved in within the lasttwo wks to purchase mervyns, but this was not to continue operations. rather it was for the mall locations. what prevented the deal from closing was forever21 did not want ALL the real estate, just a few. but mervyns was locked into long term leases, and the current lessor did not want to give up on the income onthose properties. mervyns was going to go under within the next 5 yrs regardless. from several sales footwear sales reps have said to me was they expectedit...just not this soon.

iLL W1LLiam
i would suggest trying to exchange without a receipt if possible. if they mark the tagsthen, there's probably nothing you can do. if they didn't, bring it into another mervyns within this week to try and exchange without a receipt.

Originally Posted by DeewLay

iLL W1LLiam
i would suggest trying to exchange without a receipt if possible. if they mark the tags then, there's probably nothing you can do. if they didn't, bring it into another mervyns within this week to try and exchange without a receipt.
Thing is that when I bought them the lady scribbled part of the bar code with a red pen.

Damn, I think you're pretty much screwed unless you find what you are looking for.. some that actually works there.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Originally Posted by DeewLay

iLL W1LLiam
i would suggest trying to exchange without a receipt if possible. if they mark the tags then, there's probably nothing you can do. if they didn't, bring it into another mervyns within this week to try and exchange without a receipt.
Thing is that when I bought them the lady scribbled part of the bar code with a red pen.
yeah...i think you're stuck with 'em. you might want to try taking themback to the levi's store across from ntsf, and see if they'll help you exchange it for your correct size.

Back
Top Bottom