All my former military niketalkers, how did you like it?

I'm 20, thinking of joining a branch for money/college support/future job security. I'm thinking about the Navy or the Coast Guard. Has anyone been ineither and how did you like it? Brief explanation? Thanks to all.

yeah, you can't join the marines half hearted. those guys go to the army
wink.gif

my sister says they treat the air force the best

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Yeah but im more about the land/sea than the air.
that's a common misconception of the air force. unless your a pilot/load master/gunner you will be on land the whole time in the Air Force

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

wink.gif

zing!!! dude must feel like he just won a gold medal after typing that. i never understand why folks in one branch go at others in another branch. they areall used as political strong arms. what, you made the comment because the marines are better at it catching bullets and not caring?

My friend was in the airforce, I know. But I guess my statement was misleading, I'd rather be working on things that are sea involved.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

wink.gif

zing!!! dude must feel like he just won a gold medal after typing that. i never understand why folks in one branch go at others in another branch. they are all used as political strong arms. what, you made the comment because the marines are better at it catching bullets and not caring?

laugh.gif
are you in the army or somthing? why are you so mad. It's all ingood fun, what makes you think the marines don't care and that they're good at "catching bullets"? "Once a marine, always a marine"you don't hear the same about army soldiers, the statement about the marines not caring is invalid. Also, catching bullets? the marines are the first tofight so i guess one could say that. but the amount of training a marine receives help minimize that

it sucked most of the time. but meet a best friend which is a female, smashed so many chicks. East coast girls are a different breed then west coast chicks forsome reason. Don't regret for signing up. Did 3 in the Army, if i could do it all over i would stick my gut and went to the Air Force. Marines are forbums
laugh.gif

<---Navy for 3 years.props to all branches though.Real talk though,AIRFORCE FTW.I have never heard anyone from the airforce complain about being in it.Hell,the airforce will put a lock on recruiting because there are sooo many of them that wanna join it.

Ex-Army. It's a life experience, but would I do it again...no. Iraq sucks and is it's guaranteed that you will go there, or to Afghanistan whichisn't even remotely an improvement. It is a good way of getting money for college though. Especially if you save money while in the military.

wink.gif

zing!!! dude must feel like he just won a gold medal after typing that. i never understand why folks in one branch go at others in another branch. they are all used as political strong arms. what, you made the comment because the marines are better at it catching bullets and not caring?

laugh.gif
are you in the army or somthing? why are you so mad. It's all in good fun, what makes you think the marines don't care and that they're good at "catching bullets"? "Once a marine, always a marine" you don't hear the same about army soldiers, the statement about the marines not caring is invalid. Also, catching bullets? the marines are the first to fight so i guess one could say that. but the amount of training a marine receives help minimize that
The different military branches are like siblings. Sure we argue and even fight amongst ourselves, but when it hits the fan we got each othersbacks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Thanks for making this post, I'm also thinking.
YEAH dude I'm 19 and seriously thinking hard about this too right too, I was just about to make a thread like this a couple of day ago... Justfinished 1st semester of college and looking into joining the Air Force or Navy

I was in the Marines for six years. I loved it. I liked the idea of having some discipline in my life. I also went to college free (didn't pay one dime)due to the military.
There are a variety of job set skills you can learn. You have to decide the best branch that is for you. I have all of my benefits and a nice retirement plan.Oh yeah,
we have the best uniforms of any branch BAR NONE (as in there is no question or debate)
glasses.gif
. Being in the Marines, you will gain a mindset and confidence likeno other. You will
never have a problem pulling females, you won't even have to speak, the uniform does it for you, especially if you have on your blues. All in all do yourhomework and what
branch interests you the most and go from there.

wink.gif

laugh.gif
are you in the army or somthing? why are you so mad. It's all in good fun, what makes you think the marines don't care and that they're good at "catching bullets"? "Once a marine, always a marine" you don't hear the same about army soldiers, the statement about the marines not caring is invalid. Also, catching bullets? the marines are the first to fight so i guess one could say that. but the amount of training a marine receives help minimize that
I think his dig was at the army actually. Saying that those who don't have their full heart into it go to the army and the "tough"ones go to the marines.

I'm probably gonna be lurking in this thread. For some reason Military men have peeked my fancy recently. Nothing like a man in uniform!

I've been in the Air Force going on 10 years and it pays the bills. I could careless which branch is the best. I'm good right where I'm at. I'm at joint base so I see all the branches on a daily basis. Every now then and you will see Sgt Tuff and Stuff taking that military stuff to the head. I got respect for all branches but than theirs the certain people that try to disrespect you b/c you're not in the same branch as them or you are lowerranking than them. Money, college support, and job security it's all there as long as you don't mess it up.

I was thinking about going in the service as an officer maybe in the next year when I finish getting my degree. Is there a benefit of becoming an officer thanan enlist?

I heard the career fields for officers in the Army and Marines are limited compared to the Navy and Air Force---I also heard that the Army has a faster advancein rank in the Army too----any truths to that???

airmissionretro wrote:
I was thinking about going in the service as an officer maybe in the next year when I finish getting my degree. Is there a benefit of becoming an officer than an enlist?

I heard the career fields for officers in the Army and Marines are limited compared to the Navy and Air Force---I also heard that the Army has a faster advance in rank in the Army too----any truths to that???
That's my plan too.

Back
Top Bottom