Official Jordan XI Thread

This right here in my opinion is a key point. Thing is, this was done in a time when the company wasn't yet automatically cranking out retros of all the classics every 5-10 years over and over again. So some of us would plan to sit on certain retros for a long, long time because we weren't yet aware we would get to a point where there was no need to do so because the shoes would always come back again.
Massive point right here. Up until somewhat recently, we can debate as to when exactly, you didn't know if a shoe would ever re-release. That led to me personally doubling and tripling up on most 11s as I always wanted a pair in my collection and if I didn't I might be without. Fast forward to present times and this really isn't necessary. They will be back in a few years, I only need 1 pair. In some cases (think the black cement 3) they also sprinkle in variations of the base colorway to hold you over until the next proper retro. This also alleviates the need to double up.

if this was back 2010, I'd be doubling/tripling up considering how rare the Cords were back then. nowadays, I can safely say NO/SKIP and just wait for some better iteration of the Cords or 11s for the following year. no more restorations or any of that crap or icing the shoe.

Massive point right here. Up until somewhat recently, we can debate as to when exactly, you didn't know if a shoe would ever re-release. That led to me personally doubling and tripling up on most 11s as I always wanted a pair in my collection and if I didn't I might be without. Fast forward to present times and this really isn't necessary. They will be back in a few years, I only need 1 pair. In some cases (think the black cement 3) they also sprinkle in variations of the base colorway to hold you over until the next proper retro. This also alleviates the need to double up.

if this was back 2010, I'd be doubling/tripling up considering how rare the Cords were back then. nowadays, I can safely say NO/SKIP and just wait for some better iteration of the Cords or 11s for the following year. no more restorations or any of that crap or icing the shoe.

Exactly. That was the entire reason I ever started doubling or tripling on certain shoes. Doubling still makes sense to me for certain models, especially (for me) something like Air Trainer 1s, because I tend to wear those with no special considerations given, and I have gone through a lot of pairs over the years. But personally, I don't use most of my classic Jordan retros or Nike bball retros as daily beaters, so the fact I still double up sometimes is admittedly stupid of me other than I just like to have a fresh pair of a few certain models in my closet :lol:

Exactly. That was the entire reason I ever started doubling or tripling on certain shoes. Doubling still makes sense to me for certain models, especially (for me) something like Air Trainer 1s, because I tend to wear those with no special considerations given, and I have gone through a lot of pairs over the years. But personally, I don't use most of my classic Jordan retros or Nike bball retros as daily beaters, so the fact I still double up sometimes is admittedly stupid of me other than I just like to have a fresh pair of a few certain models in my closet :lol:
I double from time to time only because I like the shoe so much that having an alternate with the same shoe was necessary. who knows I might get me a fresh pair of 11s but not the recent crappy ones we got a few months ago. and yes, I make them my beaters nowadays.

I’ll pretty much only double on my absolute favorites going forward. Any OG 11s/Space Jams, black infared and Carmine 6s, any OG 3, playoff and bred 12/13, charcoal 7s. That’s about it probably. I did double on the white/red 12 but probably wasn’t necessary lol.

I'm torn about getting the low Space Jams. I had to sell my '09 pair and missed out on the 2016 release. I'm hesitant about settling for the lows since I've never liked low 11s much. Plus, I have a feeling Nike might re-release them without the 45 this time.

Back
Top Bottom