Official Jordan XI Thread

done with the regluing. it doesn't look that horrible but still a bit poorly redone. atleast I could still use it for a few more months at work. something for the rain and snow.

What I wore when I went to a mall and dinner in the Valley yesterday. I had to get my Sunday red on like Tiger Woods on a golf course on Sundays, again.

I had to get my correlation on with #45 with the jersey and shoes. Yes, I had on the 2018 Concord XI with the 45 on the back.

I'm glad I was the only MF in Topanga Mall with the jersey and shoes. I never intended to get the jersey, but getting those Concord XI in December 2018 changed my mind since it was the perfect jersey to wear them with like it was the 1995 NBA Playoffs.
IMG_5481.JPG

And I have a funny and random story to share from yesterday because they had me seated beside Big Boy (L.A. radio personality) when I went to have dinner at Lucille's. I don't have a picture of him as proof because I left him alone to respect his privacy. 😆

What I wore when I went to a mall and dinner in the Valley yesterday. I had to get my Sunday red on like Tiger Woods on a golf course on Sundays, again.

I had to get my correlation on with #45 with the jersey and shoes. Yes, I had on the 2018 Concord XI with the 45 on the back.

I'm glad I was the only MF in Topanga Mall with the jersey and shoes. I never intended to get the jersey, but getting those Concord XI in December 2018 changed my mind since it was the perfect jersey to wear them with like it was the 1995 NBA Playoffs.
IMG_5481.JPG

And I have a funny and random story to share from yesterday because they had me seated beside Big Boy (L.A. radio personality) when I went to have dinner at Lucille's. I don't have a picture of him as proof because I left him alone to respect his privacy. 😆
the only jersey that I would only wear a 45 on it is with the Jazz 45. that Bulls 45 will always have that tarnished legacy.

the only jersey that I would only wear a 45 on it is with the Jazz 45. that Bulls 45 will always have that tarnished legacy.

At least not as tarnished as Michael Jordan's stint with the Wizards. I equate it as bad as Hulk Hogan going to WCW in the '90s as I've reiterated on this site. 🙄

I only got the #45 jersey to wear with the 2018 Concord XI since they had 45 on the back. I'm one of those kind of MFs who likes correlating. 😆

Yes, the #45 Bulls jersey was worn briefly in his storied career, but I went with it because it was different. I've actually gotten compliments from strangers for wearing the jersey and shoes because of the 45 on them. But #23 will be significant forever for legendary optics. All the other Jordan jerseys I have are 23. The only #9 Jordan jerseys I have are both 1992 Team USA jerseys.

At least not as tarnished as Michael Jordan's stint with the Wizards. I equate it as bad as Hulk Hogan going to WCW in the '90s as I've reiterated on this site. 🙄

I only got the #45 jersey to wear with the 2018 Concord XI since they had 45 on the back. I'm one of those kind of MFs who likes correlating. 😆

Yes, the #45 Bulls jersey was worn briefly in his storied career, but I went with it because it was different. I've actually gotten compliments from strangers for wearing the jersey and shoes because of the 45 on them. But #23 will be significant forever for legendary optics. All the other Jordan jerseys I have are 23. The only #9 Jordan jerseys I have are both 1992 Team USA jerseys.
Wizards are even worse. I can't even opt to buy those Jordan shoes he wore as a Wizard. can't blame Hogan but I do admit forming the NWO was one of the wackiest wrestling storyline. having said that, WWF/WWE ended up not so bad either. they got the NOD (nation of domination) which brought out of the the greatest wrestler ever, THE ROCK !

can't seem to like the USA jerseys, maybe because I love NBA jerseys over them. other numbers I like, Shaq 32, Magic 32, Mchale 32, Pippen 33, Hill 33.

While I definitely didn't have this opinion upon release...

WL82s>WL96s.

Just a more wearable colorway.

I reiterate that I feel so dumb for not getting those Tar Heels-themed XI after 4 years now. I always thought "Win Like '82" was an awkward name for them, so I go with Tar Heels since they're basically in their team colors.

I agree they're more wearable and distinct too with them being an XI model with nice color placements on them. They would have been nice to wear with the alternate navy blue Nuggets Carmelo Anthony jersey I have, especially since the shoes and the jersey are shiny by default.

The red Bulls-themed XI didn't appeal to me because there are so many predominantly red shoes that have saturated the market for so long now.

A store had a few pairs of the Cool Grey XI early when I went to Los Cerritos Center yesterday. And I'm not going to acknowledge the name of the store because they're a resale store, which means jacked up prices. I just don't support resellers or resale stores. It's F them for me. They can go F off because they ain't never getting 💩 from me with their exorbitant prices.

I got some pictures for y'all. I hope they can help y'all make a decision about 2 months early since I actually saw a pair of them in person yesterday and was able to share some pics now.

This is a size 11. Those fools wanted $625 for that size. This pair had a production date of April 2021 when I checked by hand. Sorry, but they only had the left side of each of the shoes on the display wall so I couldn't photograph both sides unfortunately.
IMG_5501.JPG
IMG_5502.JPG
IMG_5504.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG

I took these angles with the flash, so I hope it helps with optics.
IMG_5503.JPG
IMG_5505.JPG

A store had a few pairs of the Cool Grey XI early when I went to Los Cerritos Center yesterday. And I'm not going to acknowledge the name of the store because they're a resale store, which means jacked up prices. I just don't support resellers or resale stores. It's F them for me. They can go F off because they ain't never getting 💩 from me with their exorbitant prices.

I got some pictures for y'all. I hope they can help y'all make a decision about 2 months early since I actually saw a pair of them in person yesterday and was able to share some pics now.

This is a size 11. Those fools wanted $625 for that size. This pair had a production date of April 2021 when I checked by hand. Sorry, but they only had the left side of each of the shoes on the display wall so I couldn't photograph both sides unfortunately.
IMG_5501.JPG
IMG_5502.JPG
IMG_5504.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG

I took these angles with the flash, so I hope it helps with optics.
IMG_5503.JPG
IMG_5505.JPG
Well, I can at least appreciate the nicely sloped toe box.

Well, I can at least appreciate the nicely sloped toe box.

I wouldn't notice the difference or discrepancy with the toe box you mentioned honestly because I never owned the originals from 2001. And I sure as hell am glad I never got that bootleg looking 2010 version!

At least the 2021 Cool Grey XI isn't horrendous like one of those swap meet quality XI from 2008 to 2015.

I wouldn't notice the difference or discrepancy with the toe box you mentioned honestly because I never owned the originals from 2001. And I sure as hell am glad I never got that bootleg looking 2010 version!

At least the 2021 Cool Grey XI isn't horrendous like one of those swap meet quality XI from 2008 to 2015.
The "new" XI retros (beginning with the 2016 Space Jams) reverted to the OG-like toe shape. But from what I've seen, it's inconsistent. Some of them, the patent slopes down to the rubber toe cap in a mostly straight line (as seen on the Cool Gray's posted above), while others it's like there is more patent and it had to be curved down at the factory to meet the toe cap. The latter results in more of a bubble toe at the end than a straight slant down to the rubber toe cap.
I had four pairs of 2018 Concords. Now I have three after I sold one pair a month or so ago. Before I sold it, I pulled out my three DS pairs and found the left and right shoe that each had the bulkiest/most rounded toes of the pairs I have. Put them together to make the single pair I sold LOL

can't understand what's the big deal about the toecap shape/form. these shoes are pressed according to specifications. inconsistency lies on how long or rounded the mold is. if people are bothered by it so much, just put a weight on it.

Back
Top Bottom