All Time College Busts

im not you

Banned
We talk all the time about College Stars who were sub par or awful Pro's...but what about those HS Phenoms who didn't make the jump successfully tocollege?

First one that comes to mind for me is...Keith Bogans.

Sure he's managed to keep a job in the NBA and he was decent @ Kentucky. Dude was considered the top...or at worst...the 2nd best prospect coming out of HShis senior year and had a ton of hype the years before. Of all the players that came out of DeMatha (MD) he was the 1st to play varsity from his frosh yearon...and he started. The guy that was his sidekick, Joe Forte, actually turned more heads in college. Though obviously the better player eventually stayed inthe league longer.

Others: Jonathan Hargett (WVU - Time cut short due to suspension), Carlos Hurt (Louisville), Kelvin Torbert (MSU), Travis Garrison (UMD), Marvin Stone (R.I.P -UK), Casey Sanders (Duke), Chris Duhon (Duke), Marcus Taylor (MSU), Jason Fraser (Injuries did him in - Nova), Drew Lavendar (OU & Xavier), Juan Palacios(Louisville)

SLAM_93_vernon_macklin_punks01_big.JPG

sitv_latino%20sports_felipe%20lopez.jpg

dskbkcwardinjured012295.gif

bj-mullens-canal-nba-draft-rookie.jpg

tiki-mayben-headshot-7adf33a71d6efc7b_medium.jpg

OP : How you going to put Chris Duhon on the list ?

He had a good enough career and played against strong competition back then . I could understand Sean Dockery or Shav Randolph

laugh.gif
Beano Cook sayin Powlus would win 4 Heismans
laugh.gif
roll.gif

word Allen,
Definitely Ward.

My all time bust,

Mustafa Shakur.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Felipe is the biggest bust ever... This dude was PRAISED in NY in the 90s

He had too many people kissing his butt and it led to him not working on his game much after high school

Oh CHRIST how could i forget Scotter Sherrill
roll.gif
son was a McD's all american and aint do a damn thing at NC

Originally Posted by JoeClear

OP : How you going to put Chris Duhon on the list ?

He had a good enough career and played against strong competition back then . I could understand Sean Dockery or Shav Randolph
Chris Duhon was the top PG in his class. 4 Years at 8 pts per game and 6 assist are very pedestrian when you consider his rank in his class.Everyone was saying that Jay Williams was the reason he couldn't get off but when he left Duhon still looked very average.

Even though this dude has yet to play a college game...I'm throwing Demetrius Walker on the list as a High School bust. It's not his fault...but dudeswere calling him the next Lebron in Middle School. He never grew another inch and never developed a single PG skill. Still managed to find his way on AZ St atthe end of the day though.

Cedric kind of saved himself his sr year

But if you called the next magic Johnson and do nothing but play lock down d 1 year it's proble

Back
Top Bottom