allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to?

The NBA free agency just started yesterday, allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to? I mean i remember atime just a couple years ago when this would have been a huge deal...Ive seen multiple articles about players like gortat, villanueava, Danthay Jones etc. Iknow hes not an MVP candidate anymore, but still it baffels me how there is so much intrest for a player like J. Kidd but not even the slightest mention aboutTHE ANSWER. It funny what one bad year will do for a player....Just last season he was the 3rd leading scorer in the NBA (Behind Lebron and Kobe none the less), maybe im just a fan, but im just saying do people really think that vanished in a year?

holdenmichael Edit: changed title and added search tags.

You are right sir.

IMO the team that ends up with A.I. for next season will see a rejuvenation of his career. It isn't like he's washed up or anything. Like the OPstated, he was just the 3rd leading scorer in the L a couple seasons ago.

AI
pimp.gif

if the Knicks could steal him for the MLE... id be a happy man idc what anybody says. It has been my DREAM to see AI in orange and blue since like 2000
laugh.gif

Yeah it's crazy. More talk about gortat than A.I.? This pistons trade has got to be the worst trade in the history of basketball.

You arent looking at the other reasons. His attitude, his age (meaning you have to factor in his age for the next 3 years or so), his likely money demands, andhim thinking he's still the man.

Teams are going to throw money around to young FA's who know their roll as opposed to hall of fame dudes in the twilight of their career where if theyarent THE scorer and the breadwinner then they dont want to be there.

He is cancer. Now that he's not in his prime no one wants to have to build around him.

I know what you're saying. Seeing all these players in their prime & tearing up teams... Now those same players are looked at as old, not much in thetank, or not even being considered by any teams. Very wierd feeling.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

You arent looking at the other reasons. His attitude, his age (meaning you have to factor in his age for the next 3 years or so), his likely money demands, and him thinking he's still the man.

Teams are going to throw money around to young FA's who know their roll as opposed to hall of fame dudes in the twilight of their career where if they arent THE scorer and the breadwinner then they dont want to be there.
IMO Allen Iverson can still be the guy, and is not a bad teammate nor a cancer. I think he would give up the ball willing if he trusted theplayers on the other end of the pass, he has gotten a reality check, he was injured last season. He just didnt feel like he was being used properly and itsonly Human nature to react the way he did after having experienced the kind of sucess he has, they were asking him to come off the bench (Do you honestly thinkthats all he has to offer?) The Detroit Pistons were a very average team at best last year, they couldnt rebound the ball, play defense, didnt have goodperimeter players, and were the utterly worst coached team i have ever had to watch (They literally took turns taking jumpsots with no kind of fluidity totheir offense, and they was no leadership from the coach although i agree he was in a tough spot)...having said that i dont think detroit was a good fit forhim...becuase the things that they lacked are the things that are required for AI to suceed, now im not saying build your franchise around him becuase i knowthats asking too much, but i think there are teams that can be a good fit for him....In addition i am sooo sick of hearing about how much better the nuggetsare without allen iverson, they won only a couple more games this year that the last, people forget they didnt have nene, birdman, or even danthay jones (Theyall add to defense to a team that desperately needed it), the games of JR, and Klieza have come a long way not to mention Carmelo, and during the period thatallen was with the nuggets he started alongside anthony carter (For a whole freaking season), Earl boykins, and steve blake...How did you expect them to playgood defense when you set the man up to fail like that, having considered all those things, they still got to the playoffs and lost to the spurs (NBA Championsthat year) and the Lakers (Pretty much the same team that beat them this year)...So i honestly think even though i dont think AI should be the vocal leader ordesicion maker for a team i think he can still be the main or second scoring option....Cmon the guy can still play i promise and this is coming from someonewho has rarely missed any of his games in the past 8 years....

It's not just the scoring (like you said, 3rd behind Bron and Kobe).

The Nuggets struggled with him. Trade him for Chauncey, and the Pistons struggle while the Nuggets went to the Western Conference Finals. And the Nuggetssucceeding by subtracting AI and adding Chauncey along with the Pistons looking anemic by subtracting Chauncey and adding AI happened overnight. It wasimmediate, and everyone in the league sees that.

In addition i am sooo sick of hearing about how much better the nuggets are without allen iverson, they won only a couple more games this year that the last, people forget they didnt have nene, birdman, or even danthay jones (They all add to defense to a team that desperately needed it), the games of JR, and Klieza have come a long way not to mention Carmelo, and during the period that allen was with the nuggets he started alongside anthony carter (For a whole freaking season), Earl boykins, and steve blake...How did you expect them to play good defense when you set the man up to fail like that.

QFT

indifferent.gif
@anyone who things that Detroit situation was all his fault too

RIP to BG's career

I bet money that this will be AI's break-out season.

If Kobe can be dominating 13 years later....Iverson can too.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

The Nuggets struggled with him. Trade him for Chauncey, and the Pistons struggle while the Nuggets went to the Western Conference Finals. And the Nuggets succeeding by subtracting AI and adding Chauncey along with the Pistons looking anemic by subtracting Chauncey and adding AI happened overnight. It was immediate, and everyone in the league sees that.
this is all lies. AI was never the answer for the nuggests, nor the pistons. what they needed was a pass first point guard, which was why theyexcel.
and as much as i like AI on the knicks, no thanks. hes only going to stunt the development of gallo/chandler.

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

I'll take you up on that bet. Let's put it at let's say...$10 million?

Originally Posted by Drob2345

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

You arent looking at the other reasons. His attitude, his age (meaning you have to factor in his age for the next 3 years or so), his likely money demands, and him thinking he's still the man.

Teams are going to throw money around to young FA's who know their roll as opposed to hall of fame dudes in the twilight of their career where if they arent THE scorer and the breadwinner then they dont want to be there.
IMO Allen Iverson can still be the guy, and is not a bad teammate nor a cancer. I think he would give up the ball willing if he trusted the players on the other end of the pass, he has gotten a reality check, he was injured last season. He just didnt feel like he was being used properly and its only Human nature to react the way he did after having experienced the kind of sucess he has, they were asking him to come off the bench (Do you honestly think thats all he has to offer?) The Detroit Pistons were a very average team at best last year, they couldnt rebound the ball, play defense, didnt have good perimeter players, and were the utterly worst coached team i have ever had to watch (They literally took turns taking jumpsots with no kind of fluidity to their offense, and they was no leadership from the coach although i agree he was in a tough spot)...having said that i dont think detroit was a good fit for him...becuase the things that they lacked are the things that are required for AI to suceed, now im not saying build your franchise around him becuase i know thats asking too much, but i think there are teams that can be a good fit for him....In addition i am sooo sick of hearing about how much better the nuggets are without allen iverson, they won only a couple more games this year that the last, people forget they didnt have nene, birdman, or even danthay jones (They all add to defense to a team that desperately needed it), the games of JR, and Klieza have come a long way not to mention Carmelo, and during the period that allen was with the nuggets he started alongside anthony carter (For a whole freaking season), Earl boykins, and steve blake...How did you expect them to play good defense when you set the man up to fail like that, having considered all those things, they still got to the playoffs and lost to the spurs (NBA Champions that year) and the Lakers (Pretty much the same team that beat them this year)...So i honestly think even though i dont think AI should be the vocal leader or desicion maker for a team i think he can still be the main or second scoring option....Cmon the guy can still play i promise and this is coming from someone who has rarely missed any of his games in the past 8 years....

I tried to read your post like five times and I just kept getting distracted by your avy

Yeah all these players the have fallen out of their prime is making me feel real old.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

The Nuggets struggled with him. Trade him for Chauncey, and the Pistons struggle while the Nuggets went to the Western Conference Finals. And the Nuggets succeeding by subtracting AI and adding Chauncey along with the Pistons looking anemic by subtracting Chauncey and adding AI happened overnight. It was immediate, and everyone in the league sees that.
this is all lies. AI was never the answer for the nuggests, nor the pistons. what they needed was a pass first point guard, which was why they excel.
and as much as i like AI on the knicks, no thanks. hes only going to stunt the development of gallo/chandler.
I agree with everything being said in AI's defense ive been saying this same @$%@ all year long. AI is STILL that dude.

If somehow the Knicks were able to sign him for the MLE cause teams are sleeping on him, i say pull the trigger. I dont buy that he would stunt Danilo andWill's development. He plays the 2 and lord knows we need a 2 not named Larry %%%++!! Hughes. He would provide alot of energy and scoring and we need bothright now. If he came to the Knicks he would breakout forsure i think. But i doubt he signs for the MLE. And i also doubt Donnie goes after him.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

I'll take you up on that bet. Let's put it at let's say...$10 million?
Make it 20.

If hes on a East Coast team, hes running it..

this is all lies.

[ska internet voice]Uh, no, those are facts. That doesn't mean I believe AI was the problem.[/ska internet voice]

Whether or not AI was the cause of those problems isn't the issue, the fact that he made teams better as a trade chip has obviously had an effect on hisreputation.

His style of play is also a factor on his status as a FA. Look at how many teams would line-up for JKidd at the MLE.

Finally, his pride may keep him from signing for less than JKidd and other free agents.

I hope he doesn't wind up on a crappy team.

I'd take him on the Lakers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...;prov=yhoo&type=lgns

what a horrible list. AI at 17
indifferent.gif

17. Allen Iverson(notes): This might be a little far down the list for A.I., but that reflects his value these days. His refusal to accept a reserve role in Detroit didn't help his stock for contending teams that might need a scorer off the bench. Iverson has told friends he wouldn't mind signing with the Charlotte Bobcats and playing for Larry Brown again. His reasoning: At least he knows what to expect with Brown.

holdenmichael:
this is all lies.
[ska internet voice]Uh, no, those are facts. That doesn't mean I believe AI was the problem.[/ska internet voice]
Funny thing about it is that I had to intentionally refrain from responding to 'This is all lies' with 'Where are the lies? He wastraded for Chauncey to the Pistons; the Pistons got worse, the Nuggets got better. What was the lie again?'

Is it bad to be that predictable? Consistency FTW!
laugh.gif
holdenmichael:
I'd take him on the Lakers.
Oooooh, do not want. Like you mentioned, there is reason to believe pride may be an issue with him, and y'all already know how I feel aboutKobe. The two of 'em together on my team? Oy vey.
laugh.gif

Have they ever played an ASG together or anything? I mean, even for one game, I'm curious how it would work... ifit would work. And for a whole season?
ohwell.gif
I definitely have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom