allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to?

The dude has also now made $150 million. I would hope at this point he would tell a team with a situation that he likes that he will play for whatever theywant.

But that won't happen on his end.

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

I bet money that this will be AI's break-out season.

If Kobe can be dominating 13 years later....Iverson can too.

Kobe and AI are polar opposites as far as training and taking care of their bodies. And even though they've both played 13 years, Kobe is 3 years younger.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I'll take you up on that bet. Let's put it at let's say...$10 million?
Make it 20.

If hes on a East Coast team, hes running it..

20 it is. I don't care who he's playing for, East Coast, West Coast, Coast Guard, dude isn't having a breakout season next year. What are you evendefining "breakout" as? I would say he'd have to average at least like 22 and 7 to satisfy me.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Canswer
This is ridiculously clever.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Kobe and AI are polar opposites as far as training and taking care of their bodies. And even though they've both played 13 years, Kobe is 3 years younger.
AI led the league in minutes played just last season. Dude has ALWAYS been a warror. The last thing im worried about with AI is hisconditioning/toughness.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Iverson is not a team player and it was proven last season with the Pistons. The only thing saving him now is his popularity.
Exactly

he's a malcontent, selfish, typical greedy athlete, i think the only place that wouldn't suffer because of him would be the New England Patriots.

other than that he has no hope....

I'd rather see him hang it up than go to a bad team or continue to travel around the NBA.

Go to Philly and retire there.

Im clearly gonna come off homerlike cuz of the SN but just a couple things

1. Det was not a good fit for him at all, and no1 there really wanted it to work. They just dont have that big name player there and when they got it with AIthey didnt even want to start him.

2. Things look bad because Denver was so much better without him. But that is because they have a lot of scorers already and AI wasnt the "answer"for their system. Chancey on the other hand was because he was gonna distribute. I dont know why people think AI was gonna change his game all of a sudden andbecome Jason Kidd out there and average 12 assists and not take his shots.

3. The system that would work best for him would be one with a good point guard that will get him the ball and he can create for him self and others withouthaving to be the only guy distributing. I think if he went to a team like NO where Chris Paul is the main distributer and AI can just get his shots withouthaving to worry about "O god I gotta get all these other guys the ball".

4. He is a SG. Why does everyone think he is supposed to be taking a point guard role. He is supposed to score and as far as that goes Im pretty sure he does agood job at that.

It would take the scoring pressure off Paul and West. I just dont know what NO has planned as far as money wise. I havnt heard anything from them so I donteven know if they tryin to spend money this offseason.

So

Dont know trhe situation in Dallas but I think AI + Dirk, Josh,Kidd, JT = a title contender. JT is basically a AI clone just imagine both in the backcourtAI slashing to the rim wit Dirk on the 3point
sick.gif
and Josh can get hisown.
pimp.gif
Do it Cuban.

Originally Posted by Stuuuuuuu89

Originally Posted by Drob2345

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

You arent looking at the other reasons. His attitude, his age (meaning you have to factor in his age for the next 3 years or so), his likely money demands, and him thinking he's still the man.

Teams are going to throw money around to young FA's who know their roll as opposed to hall of fame dudes in the twilight of their career where if they arent THE scorer and the breadwinner then they dont want to be there.
IMO Allen Iverson can still be the guy, and is not a bad teammate nor a cancer. I think he would give up the ball willing if he trusted the players on the other end of the pass, he has gotten a reality check, he was injured last season. He just didnt feel like he was being used properly and its only Human nature to react the way he did after having experienced the kind of sucess he has, they were asking him to come off the bench (Do you honestly think thats all he has to offer?) The Detroit Pistons were a very average team at best last year, they couldnt rebound the ball, play defense, didnt have good perimeter players, and were the utterly worst coached team i have ever had to watch (They literally took turns taking jumpsots with no kind of fluidity to their offense, and they was no leadership from the coach although i agree he was in a tough spot)...having said that i dont think detroit was a good fit for him...becuase the things that they lacked are the things that are required for AI to suceed, now im not saying build your franchise around him becuase i know thats asking too much, but i think there are teams that can be a good fit for him....In addition i am sooo sick of hearing about how much better the nuggets are without allen iverson, they won only a couple more games this year that the last, people forget they didnt have nene, birdman, or even danthay jones (They all add to defense to a team that desperately needed it), the games of JR, and Klieza have come a long way not to mention Carmelo, and during the period that allen was with the nuggets he started alongside anthony carter (For a whole freaking season), Earl boykins, and steve blake...How did you expect them to play good defense when you set the man up to fail like that, having considered all those things, they still got to the playoffs and lost to the spurs (NBA Champions that year) and the Lakers (Pretty much the same team that beat them this year)...So i honestly think even though i dont think AI should be the vocal leader or desicion maker for a team i think he can still be the main or second scoring option....Cmon the guy can still play i promise and this is coming from someone who has rarely missed any of his games in the past 8 years....

I tried to read your post like five times and I just kept getting distracted by your avy

Yeah all these players the have fallen out of their prime is making me feel real old.
Hahaha i find my self just staring at it sometimes too

He is supposedly a point man, but is one who does NOT know how to run a team. He's really a two guard that is a liability on defense, and then afterumpteen years in the league, still doesn't know how to score in the flow of an offense. His game is still exactly the same as it was when he came into theleague, with NO improvements made. Then he didn't have the smarts to sit down and then fit in with the Pistons, by coming off the bench and being acontributor. In a league that has turned toward TEAM over ME, who needs him?

What did Iverson ever win?

Iverson is and will always be a tweener... With that said, You can't put him at the 1 cause he doesn't have the pass first mentality like a Jason Kiddand you can't put him at the 2 cause he's too small to be guarding other players at that position.

Plus, he's more than likely past his prime but is still trying to get paid... Remember he is Mr. Money Baggz.

Easy PASS IMHO.

My knicks are gonna sign him for the MLE when neither of the j.kidd, ramon sessions, t-mac, or rudy fernandez deals go thru... he will be the "least wecan do" move until the summer of 2010.. I think its disgusting how teams are sleeping on him. In dantoni's offense my man A.I will be a 20 point agame scorer again and it will benefit him in 2010 also with a deal from another team.. I know it pisses dude off that people think that he's done

How much more harm can he do to the Knicks?
laugh.gif

Yeah, it's been a dream of mine to see him rocking orange and blue for a minute...
pimp.gif

AI's ego isn't taking too kindly to being 2nd fiddle, etc. If only he'd embrace a lesser role because he sure can still play! Just not as the #1option!

Back
Top Bottom