allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to?

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

I bet money that this will be AI's break-out season.

If Kobe can be dominating 13 years later....Iverson can too.

yee, hell yea
AI is dat dood
if u think a man who averaged like 50 points in a playoff series cant comeback and even be remotely as good
then ****. ai is a f-ing champion at heart and he will not go out like that
especially after last year
and u cant sit here and say that was his fault either
u cant survive with like 4 shooting guards and no real center or pg
that was damn near suicide

ai will wreck sooner or later
the second coming awaits

WOW...

So much hate for a certified H.O.F'er who can still PLAY....

Yes his attitude needs work, but its always needed work....

People just overlooked all that when they were winning, now this is something new....LMAO!!!

Hes always been one of my top fav guys since hed about 30+ his 1st game in the garden.....

HE CAN STILL PLAY AT A HIGH LEVEL, IM SURE HE HEARS THE DOUBTERS....DONT COUBT HIM OUT YET

Miami Heat has contacted Iverson and Artest, insiders say
Heat president Pat Riley has said he doesn't plan to make any major moves this summer, but league sources said he contacted veterans Allen Iverson and Ron Artest.
LAWRENCE JACKSON / AP

BY MICHAEL WALLACE
[email protected]

Amid a cost-conscious approach to improving the roster this summer, the Miami Heat's attempts to upgrade through free agency apparently aren't being discounted.

Allen Iverson and Ron Artest are among a group of free agents who have been contacted by Heat president Pat Riley in the opening days of free-agency negotiations, league sources said Thursday.

Although the discussions are said to be exploratory, it signals a far more aggressive approach to free agency by the Heat than the team suggested in recent weeks.

Riley entered the start of the free agency negotiating period Wednesday saying he would be reluctant to spend the $5.5 million mid-level exception because the Heat was already past the league's anticipated dollar-for-dollar luxury tax on excessive payrolls.

Riley also had been unwilling to add contracts that extend beyond next summer, when the Heat will have spending flexibility to re-sign Dwyane Wade and another top-tier free agent to maximum contracts.

The team's stance had been that a significant roster overhaul would only take place this summer if there were an earlier commitment from Wade, who is eligible to sign a three-year contract extension July 12.

But the Heat appears to be covering both bases. Miami is taking the due diligence approach of lining up potential bargain options now if Wade doesn't extend his contract while also keeping tabs on potential blockbuster trades in the event Wade does extend.

Iverson, a former league MVP who has averaged 27.1 points over 13 seasons, might be willing to accept an offer of one or two seasons in what is expected to be a tight market. He turned 34 last month and is coming off a rocky season in Detroit that ended with complaints about his role. He left the team before the playoffs to treat a back injury.

Although discussions with agent Leon Rose are believed to be in the initial stages, the Heat likely would be interested only if Iverson is willing to accept less than the full mid-level amount. Miami could also offer the $2 million veteran's exception.

Iverson has maintained a low profile since he left the Pistons. But he could address his future by next week in advance of his annual kids camp in Virginia.

AI is still the man... He would be great for NY... I damn sure don't want Larry"chuck it up even when I'm 1/16" Hughes starting all yr

Originally Posted by Drob2345

he vanished in a year?.

yes, i can agree
tongue.gif

Peoples eyes are more open now. The GM's probably analyzed when he was the "man" and seen there isn't no difference. He got away with thingsand everyone called it heart and weak teammates.

You have to elevate them not just make them do the dirty work as you put up numbers, and play passing lanes.

Dude is a year removed from averaging 26 and 7 a game. I believe he still has it and can average 20+ easily.

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Dude is a year removed from averaging 26 and 7 a game. I believe he still has it and can average 20+ easily.
Of course he can, he jacks up 20+ shots a game.

Originally Posted by epox12

nerd.gif
08-09 17.5ppg on 15 shots a game and 07-08 26ppg on 19 shots a game.

Originally Posted by Drob2345

The NBA free agency just started yesterday, allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to? I mean i remember a time just a couple years ago when this would have been a huge deal...Ive seen multiple articles about players like gortat, villanueava, Danthay Jones etc. I know hes not an MVP candidate anymore, but still it baffels me how there is so much intrest for a player like J. Kidd but not even the slightest mention about THE ANSWER. It funny what one bad year will do for a player....Just last season he was the 3rd leading scorer in the NBA (Behind Lebron and Kobe none the less) , maybe im just a fan, but im just saying do people really think that vanished in a year?

holdenmichael Edit: changed title and added search tags.

Ummmmm what??

IMO Allen Iverson can still be the guy.......
Literally stopped reading there..... No.

Face the facts, this isnt 2001. Allen Iverson is a below average player at best. I don't even think he'll be on a team come game 1 of the season.

he need to go back to philly

as a sixer fan i can say they love him in philly and i still god mad love for AI

Originally Posted by epox12

nerd.gif
08-09 17.5ppg on 15 shots a game and 07-08 26ppg on 19 shots a game.
You posted a season where his points are only 2 more than the number of shots he takes and a season where the number of shots he took a game wereone less than 20. Guess you proved me wrong
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

he need to go back to philly

as a sixer fan i can say they love him in philly and i still god mad love for AI
+1 It effing sucks seeing my favorite player going from team to team. I thought Denver would be where he hung it up, hell, I'd love it for himto go back to Denver. That would be a squad!

But what kind of team does Philly have now? I am a Knicks team fan and an A.I. fan, so when he left the Sixers, I left the Sixers.

indifferent.gif
@ folks turning their back on A.I. as if he wasn't arguablythe best player a few years back
grin.gif

nerd.gif
I've been thinking for sometime now that he should reunite with ashe say "Coach Brown"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

Iverson is and will always be a tweener... With that said, You can't put him at the 1 cause he doesn't have the pass first mentality like a Jason Kidd and you can't put him at the 2 cause he's too small to be guarding other players at that position.

Plus, he's more than likely past his prime but is still trying to get paid... Remember he is Mr. Money Baggz.
iverson is a tweener?

what a quick deduction captain obvious.

he is a 2 guard. there's an mvp trophy that says he plays that position just fine.

people forgetting already.
smh.gif

Idc, I just hope the Sixers resign him for at least a year before he decides to retire. Bring him home...

Back
Top Bottom