allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DAMN that starting 5 would be vicious! I think Damp would be the best fit, mainly because of his defense. With Iverson, Parker, and Duncan in the starting lineup and Manu coming off the bench, the offense is fine, so get a post player who's o.k. with just getting a few dunks a game off TP/Iverson drive and dishes, but mainly being there to hold down the fort under the rim.

And Hill? Are you talking about Grant Hill, in hopes of picking him up? Or is there a Hill on the Spurs already that I'm not thinking of? And where's Gooden in your roster? Is he gone?
i think his name is george hill? not sure.

shoeking2101:
Everybody talks about a.i.'s decline which is fine, but besides last season, in which he was traded, and came off the bench, and played with a less than remarkable coach, show me the decline in Chuck's game?
Last season.

The season before, he lead the Nuggets to being bounced in the first round, winning zero games.

"That was Carmelo's fault! He's the first round virgin, like T-Mac!"

But then when Iverson was gone and Chauncey was in, the First Round Virgin not only made it to the second round, but the Western Conference Finals.

Maybe it wasn't Carmelo.
nerd.gif

george-karl.jpg

Denver's main problems start and end with him

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

shoeking2101:
Everybody talks about a.i.'s decline which is fine, but besides last season, in which he was traded, and came off the bench, and played with a less than remarkable coach, show me the decline in Chuck's game?
Last season.

The season before, he lead the Nuggets to being bounced in the first round, winning zero games.

But then when Iverson was gone and Chauncey was in, the First Round Virgin not only made it to the second round, but the Western Conference Finals.

Maybe it wasn't Carmelo.
nerd.gif
Who was the point guard on that squad? Chucky Atkins? And Chauncy is extremely underrated as a great point guard. Everyone knows he is good but I would put him up there as Top 5 in the league right now.

Agreed. That 07-08 Nuggets squad stunk it up due to their lack of PG play. There's no way you could have a successful squad with AnthonyCarter at the helm full time.

copped:
I woudn't mind him in San Antonio to be honest...i'd take him for the MLE..if we cant get SHEED...

the reason why i wouldn't mind him is because pop can control his attitude..and duncan and parker can motivate him to go for a ring..instead of self-glamour.

parker
iverson
jefferson
duncan
? (dampier? gortat? chandler? sheed?)

bench:
ginobili
finley
hill
mason
bonner
oberto?
thomas?
DAMN that starting 5 would be vicious! I think Damp would be the best fit, mainly because of his defense. With Iverson, Parker, and Duncan in the starting lineup and Manu coming off the bench, the offense is fine, so get a post player who's o.k. with just getting a few dunks a game off TP/Iverson drive and dishes, but mainly being there to hold down the fort under the rim.

And Hill? Are you talking about Grant Hill, in hopes of picking him up? Or is there a Hill on the Spurs already that I'm not thinking of? And where's Gooden in your roster? Is he gone?

george hill...PG from IUPUI

and gooden is a free agent...i doubt they throw him the MLE...if he signs for cheaper i'd resign him...

but a gortat or dampier would be nice in my books...but to be honest...even if spurs went after iverson..i bet he wouldn't want to play there...

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Who cares? He sucks...
roll.gif

I think what Bucher said is partly true, but what he doesn't realize is that AI chose the Grizz not just because the Grizzlies will fall at his feet, but because AI is no dummy and he recognizes the talent the Grizzlies have around this team.

He chose Memphis for talent as much as anything else. Why he didn't say I want to play in OKC, Sacramento, etc.? They have the money to sign him and he could compete for a starting spot on either team if he really wanted it. There has to be a reason he chose Memphis out of all these teams. I think it has some to do with the city he's playing in to.

It's not that people are dismissing him for his talent, but rather the type of player he is. AI is a disaster on any structured basketball team. He'sPG size, but plays like an SG. If you play him as an SG, the team is screwed defensively bc he can't guard someone 5-7 inches taller than him. (Can'tmake all sorts of switches on defense with pros, they'll own you). Play him as a PG and he will ball hog, leaving everyone else out of the offense he issupposed to be running. As great of an athlete/scorer and heart of a champ that AI has, he can't play without taking 20 shots a game, and no teamcan function properly/win a championship with that kind of play from AI. He either needs to adjust the type of game he plays (unlikely) or accept the fact ofretiring with no rings.

laugh.gif
A.I. Fans still think it's the 2000-2001 season.

Houston would be a good look. They're rebuilding, they need a name to draw fans and remain relevant, so do it Les Alexander.
laugh.gif

Executive76:
23ska909red02:
shoeking2101:
Last season.

Maybe it wasn't Carmelo.
nerd.gif

george-karl.jpg

Alright, we'll try this again then.
shoeking2101:
Last season.

"That was George Karl's fault! He's a dumb*** coach!"

But then when Iverson was gone and Chauncey was in, the dumb*** coach made it to the Western Conference Finals.

Maybe it wasn't the dumb*** coach.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Who cares? He sucks...
roll.gif

I think what Bucher said is partly true, but what he doesn't realize is that AI chose the Grizz not just because the Grizzlies will fall at his feet, but because AI is no dummy and he recognizes the talent the Grizzlies have around this team.

He chose Memphis for talent as much as anything else. Why he didn't say I want to play in OKC, Sacramento, etc.? They have the money to sign him and he could compete for a starting spot on either team if he really wanted it. There has to be a reason he chose Memphis out of all these teams. I think it has some to do with the city he's playing in to.
I hope BangDak and/or Bigmike see this
laugh.gif

As a Grizzlies fan, there is no way in hell I want him on my team. We already have a younger, better, more defensively capable dominant 2 in OJ.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i think people are confusing ball hog with ball dominator ... ai has the ball in his hands a lot because he is one of the best EVER with the ball in his hands ... a ball hog just runs around and jacks %*@% ... you cant average 7+ assist being a ball hog ... you can be a ball dominator though ...
QTF. People acting like lebron james doesn't sit at the top of the key pacing, and dribbling back and forth for 18 seconds of the shot clock.His assist numbers are too good to be a ball hog. If he is a ball hog, then bean, wade, bron, all these other players are too. Also, stop bringing up the2000-2001 season. Its lame and it wasn't even his best season. Like I said up until the detroit disaster, he still was that guy.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Who cares? He sucks...
roll.gif

laugh.gif
i wish i didnt.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

he wants to riot on the bench and give himself another bad name for not being able to turn this franchise around
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

please dont respond bhz, im begging you.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

i think people are confusing ball hog with ball dominator ... ai has the ball in his hands a lot because he is one of the best EVER with the ball in his hands ... a ball hog just runs around and jacks %*@% ... you cant average 7+ assist being a ball hog ... you can be a ball dominator though ...
QTF. People acting like lebron james doesn't sit at the top of the key pacing, and dribbling back and forth for 18 seconds of the shot clock. His assist numbers are too good to be a ball hog. If he is a ball hog, then bean, wade, bron, all these other players are too. Also, stop bringing up the 2000-2001 season. Its lame and it wasn't even his best season. Like I said up until the detroit disaster, he still was that guy.
co-sign

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

QTF. People acting like lebron james doesn't sit at the top of the key pacing, and dribbling back and forth for 18 seconds of the shot clock. His assist numbers are too good to be a ball hog. If he is a ball hog, then bean, wade, bron, all these other players are too. Also, stop bringing up the 2000-2001 season. Its lame and it wasn't even his best season. Like I said up until the detroit disaster, he still was that guy.
I couldnt agree more...IMO a case could be made that his last full season in denver was his best/most efficient season... 27 ppg on 46% shootingby a player than doesn't have the luxury of getting dunks like most of the other top scorers do..

Put him on the Grizzles they're a playoff team....put him on the heat with D-Wade and they would be an even better scoring duo then AI & Melo were...

Executive76:
23ska909red02:
shoeking2101:
Last season.

Maybe it wasn't Carmelo.
nerd.gif

george-karl.jpg

Alright, we'll try this again then.
shoeking2101:
Last season.

"That was George Karl's fault! He's a dumb*** coach!"

But then when Iverson was gone and Chauncey was in, the dumb*** coach made it to the Western Conference Finals.

Maybe it wasn't the dumb*** coach.
nerd.gif

IMO thats because CBill is basically like another coach on the floor, so CBills leadership and coaching on the floor made up for Karl being an average coach..

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Who cares? He sucks...
roll.gif

laugh.gif
i wish i didnt.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

he wants to riot on the bench and give himself another bad name for not being able to turn this franchise around
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

please dont respond bhz, im begging you.

See, I.....
grin.gif
Nawww, I'll let it slide this time
laugh.gif

2v958xh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom