allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to?

Last season.

The season before, he lead the Nuggets to being bounced in the first round, winning zero games.

"That was George Karl's fault! He's a dumb*** coach!"

But then when Iverson was gone and Chauncey was in, the dumb*** coach made it to the Western Conference Finals.

Maybe it wasn't the dumb*** coach.
nerd.gif

Please refer to undersized back up point guard in bounds play...then to bone-headed power forward inbounds play. Smart coach not putting the ball into your best player-makers hands during crunch time.

Before Chauncey came to town Denver didn't run plays...so thank you Mr. Big Shot for bringingsemi-organized basketball to a professional team.

Originally Posted by Drob2345

The NBA free agency just started yesterday, allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to? I mean i remember a time just a couple years ago when this would have been a huge deal...Ive seen multiple articles about players like gortat, villanueava, Danthay Jones etc. I know hes not an MVP candidate anymore, but still it baffels me how there is so much intrest for a player like J. Kidd but not even the slightest mention about THE ANSWER. It funny what one bad year will do for a player....Just last season he was the 3rd leading scorer in the NBA (Behind Lebron and Kobe none the less) , maybe im just a fan, but im just saying do people really think that vanished in a year?

holdenmichael Edit: changed title and added search tags.
Think to yourself, when was the last time Iverson was part of a winning team? Talent wise he's not the worst player out there. But unlessIverson is willing to take a major pay cut, no team that wants to win will be interested in him.

damn, he looks good in that memphis jersey.
if you guys could ship gay out and bring in marvin williams, and a.i. doesn't mind an bench role, a 1/2 year contract doesn't sound bad.

BZH, you really think Iverson would work on the Grizz? I really don't want them to take that chance. I would be cool with a 1 year deal at the MLE orsomething like that. I have no doubt he can still put up 20+ a game, I just don't want it to be at the expense of team chemistry or the growth of the youngtalent. He does look good in that memphis jersey though(no !%++).

i posted this in the other thread
Allen Iverson may be a far cry from the player he was when he led the Philadelphia 76ers to the NBA Finals, but there are those who believe he can still contribute to a team that's looking to make it to the NBA's big dance. Count Miami HEAT star Dwyane Wade among them, as he told 790 AM The Ticket in Miami recently.

"I mean with A.I. you look at a guy who, of course is one of the best players to ever put on an NBA jersey," said Wade, who has told HEAT management he will sign a contract extension if he feels the team has a shot at a title. "(Iverson's) a guy who can still score in the right offense, in the right flow. So, you know you can never turn your nose up to a Hall of Fame guy like Allen Iverson."

who is gonna wear the #3?

i felt when Dwade said that, he was being politically correct kinda.

im one of the biggest AI fans up here so no hate.

Back
Top Bottom