Alright....So what can WE do for Nike to stop with the little Air Max bubbles.

Seriously dude!
We're tired of this. I know if you don't like it you don't have to buy it...but that is not the case here. I love my retros and such but it pissesme off so much that the midsole is bigger than the Air bubbles. I know we got a few Oregon employees that visit the site once in a blue or whatever. But itdoesn't look like we're getting the point across. If anybody has any ideas on how we can get that idea across, hell even if they respond with one ofthose 'say-nothing/no comment' politically correct PR letters, I'd be happy they at least acknowledged us.

On some it actually engulfs the entire air bubble. THIS IS THE MAIN OFFENDER AND THE TRUE REASON WHY IT RATTLES OUR CAGES.
Example:
Nike_CB34_002.jpg

There were some exception though were the bubble with the new Air bubble patent didn't interfere and the shoe bubble came out great.
Example:
Nike_Air_Trainer_Max_2_94_Retro_White_Black_Green_001.jpg

The Air Max2 Trainer above is actually the only Nike retro that I remember having a decent looking Air Bubble in all the past 4 years I've been working insneaker stores. That's so bad.

Now. I remember not ALL OG's had the huge Air Bubbles. But it wasn't ridiculous looking. It looked normal enough.
Example of OG with a regular sized Air Max bubble:
98d0_1.JPG

6af6_1.JPG

And then we had our OG's with the Air Bubble that made us swear we were walking on Air.
pimp.gif

Examples:
9e2b_1.JPG

c952_1.JPG

4dd3_1.JPG

So if anyone who is reading this at you know where...If you yourself can't say anything to the bosses. Drop us ahint as to how WE are able to get our message across that by saving a few dollars on plastic materials or whatever thereason they're being cheap is actually hurting them more in the long run. I know its alot of us that get real sad when we go to the store and see the teenyweeny bubbles.
tired.gif

So to all my freaks out there...
10ejyo5.jpg

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Isn't that a Kid's size?

Personally, i don't really care. It's basically the same as the problem of poor quality Air Jordan Retros. Even if a large chunk of people on NT made aruckus over the issue and stopped buying, it's not enough to put a dent in Nike's sales.

I'm right there with you man. Let me know when the march is organized to the Nike campus. There are so many retros that I've passed on due to thisissue.

I know the whole reason behind the smaller bubbles. That's cool. But it's such a damn shame for Air Max bubbles to be that small.

Originally Posted by blco02

I'm right there with you man. Let me know when the march is organized to the Nike campus. There are so many retros that I've passed on due to this issue.

too bad we couldn't do it before the griffey's went into production
grin.gif

I hope they don't mess with the 360 bubbles. Top 5 best sneakers for me in terms of comfort.

well if you want them to stop, that means you don't want them to release classic models altogether anymore. The tooling of a shoe(sole, midsole) isexpensive as opposed to when these shoes come out. Therefore they can't make it exactly like the original. Also, when you see retroes come out in a retro+CW(blk/red/ylw) Penny II, that is to cover the cost of the tooling used to make "OG" CW retroes. So if and when Nike decides they wanna make a quick100K, they throw a classic shoe that may not necessarily be "true to the OG". So if you want change, you might want to bark up another tree

well if they changed it due to being better for the environment and they spent millions on researching the new gas...i dont see how/why they would go back tothe OG's. especially with some much today being around being green and helping the environment.

"It pisses me off so much that the midsole is bigger than the Air bubbles."

indifferent.gif

First the the nike air/jumpman incident and now this.
Get counseling . Its not that serious.

Man...thought alot of people were with me on this. Over the last couple of years I've seen alot of complain about it...Now its like, half don't care,half do.

Whatever though. Yea it does piss me off (SO MUCH
grin.gif
). It's real wackthat they gotta be so tiny and dumb looking. And I heard it from tons of buyer when I was Asst. Manager at Footlocker, it wasn't just us on NikeTalkcomplaining.

Guess you had to be a shoe fiend in the 90's to really appreciate what Air Max meant.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Man...thought alot of people were with me on this. Over the last couple of years I've seen alot of complain about it...Now its like, half don't care, half do.

Whatever though. Yea it does piss me off (SO MUCH
grin.gif
). It's real wack that they gotta be so tiny and dumb looking. And I heard it from tons of buyer when I was Asst. Manager at Footlocker, it wasn't just us on NikeTalk complaining.

Guess you had to be a shoe fiend in the 90's to really appreciate what Air Max meant.

Trust me, I hear you...esp.on that last sentence. I had Jordans and stuff comin up, but I was a HUGE Air Max fan....I basically had anything with an air bubble(all the OG '95's, Air Max 2 Lights, Uptempo's, Bursts, etc, etc, etc), so seeing what it has come to, and the weak excuse for it, DOES make meupset.

Do I care too much? To some, probably....but, hey...I dont have to feel the same as others. What shoes mean to me, may not be the same to someone else.

I'd love to put an end to it. That, and cheap paint on AM90's/95's that yellows and chips/peels. Whichever leaves first is completely fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom