Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

I like the V8 muscle cars but I can see and think it's totally reasonable for someone who wants the V6.

One of my favorite cars is the new Camaro SS, all blacked out. I want it cause the V8 puts down significantly better straight line times than the V6 and that's why I'd buy the Camaro. It's not to stunt, I'd be debadging it first thing I do anyways.

Some people like the looks of the car but don't want/need the power/fuel consumption that comes with having the largest engine. Nothing wrong with that.

On another note, why is it okay to get the 6-cylinder BMW 3 series (335i, 335is) when there's the V8 M3 available? I don't disagree with this, heck I'd choose the 335is over the M3, but my reasoning is that the 3 series is a driver's car which also handles excellently, so a larger engine with more power isn't nearly as important to the car as a straight line rocket like a muscle car.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da old 2006-2010 charger was funny because it was always designed with da hemi in mind, so when you go 2.7-3.5 liter base model they'll only give u one tail pipe and you'll be stuck with a big groove on da bumper where da missing one is...its almost a

subtle way of dodge making fun of you.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this... I'd see the Chargers with 1 tailpipe and a slot for the other one and I was like what the hell happened to the other part of the exhaust? Dodge couldn't even give buyers a separate bumper?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Agreed with the OP. SRT8 or SS, nothing else. I get 12 mpg and it feels 
pimp.gif

I'd get better mileage in a V12 Lambo Murcielago going all in at every stop light
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

modern american cars are garbage the end
212733nfb1tuey.gif

alot of people here are neglecting da a MAJOR part of muscle car numbers...da TORQUE

a ss, srt8, gt500, etc. have MASSIVE amounts of torque, which is what actually give you that acceleration feel and plants your butts in your seat.

V6 and alot of imports lack that torque.

don't play i know you read it

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by aztek67890

Have you taken the esp completely off?
No.  I've deactivated with the button hold it on nights that I want to open it up, but I'm keeping it bone stock.
No reason to have the back end kicking out .
its goes completely off when you hold da button for more then 5 secs...then goes back to normal when you turn off da ignition, so thats always good.
naaa im talking about the key trick, holding the esp button only turns off about 70%, to totally turn it off you go to 10 mph and turn the key forward and hold it until it beeps, you will see the esp and the tire marks lights on, you will notice the power difference right away, i think it works for RT's aswell, oh and the ABS will still be on

the thing with the ss and srt8 is that they are common as hell

meaning, if you have the v6 you'll be seeing the better version of your car at every other stop light

it's disheartening, man up, get the v8

paying 500 a month versus paying 560 a month is basically what you're looking at

aside from the gas, but again, gas shouldn't be an issue if you are looking for a MUSCLE CAR

"Oh...is that a V8? Let me top you off."

laugh.gif
best line in the thread. Buy what makes you happy. Lord knows I will when the time is right.

Right now, I'm fiending for one of these.

Originally Posted by All Ready

the thing with the ss and srt8 is that they are common as hell

meaning, if you have the v6 you'll be seeing the better version of your car at every other stop light

it's disheartening, man up, get the v8

paying 500 a month versus paying 560 a month is basically what you're looking at

aside from the gas, but again, gas shouldn't be an issue if you are looking for a MUSCLE CAR

If that's your mentality, you'll lose no matter what you drive. If you feel inferior cause you're pushing a V6 and the car next to you has a V8, it's more than just him having 2 more cylinders.

There's always someone who's going to have a bigger, faster, better car than you. And a V8 muscle car isn't even that nice in the grand scheme of cars. So what happens if you're in the Camaro SS and you pull up to a Camaro ZL1? Or you're in the Shelby GT500 and a Porsche 911 turbo pulls up, then after that a Lambo LP560 pulls up?

People should want the bigger engine because they want more performance/the sound/the feel... not because they want to be on par with everyone else.

fam, are you blind?

i just said the ss and srt8 are COMMON

you don't even see those other cars as often, some may never see the cars you just named

with cars like camoro's, chargers and challengers ayou gotta get the ss or srt8

i prolly see 7 to 10 ss camoro's a day and i don't even drive one

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

If you want to impress some man due to your engine size, that's on you buddy. Ain't no female in this world going to be like, "Oh...is that a V8? Let me top you off." If it looks good, she doesn't give a %#*+.
See this is where you all are mistaking our argument. Its NOT because females care. Its NOT because other dudes care.

When youre into cars, its not a conscious decision you make. You just realize that its not "right" if its the V6. Its not the real thing. Sure, there are a billion arguments for the V6, but at the end of the day, we cant drive them. Id gladly whip around a V6 in a bunch of cars, but just not something thats supposed to be american muscle.

Cant do it.
bingo

people that cop cars just for "looks" and not performance come off as fronting or using da car as appliance .....i mean if you're that conscience about gas, there's a whopping million cars that look like lil toasters or eco boxes that'll get u 40 MPG no problem.

da old 2006-2010 charger was funny because it was always designed with da hemi in mind, so when you go 2.7-3.5 liter base model they'll only give u one tail pipe and you'll be stuck with a big groove on da bumper where da missing one is...its almost a

subtle way of dodge making fun of you.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Has it ever crossed your mind that some people do see cars as appliances?
Most people need a car, even if they're not that into cars.  They can't get something that looks nice to them?

fam, are you blind?

you don't even see those other cars as often, some may never see the cars you just named

laugh.gif
I see Porsches more often then charger/challenger/camaro. Then again, area is better off than most other areas.

i have personal experience on a charger srt8, and when I drive it like a human being I get a good 18 to even 20 mpg, not great, but if you drive like a mad man everyday of course your going to get horrible gas mileage like when i take the esp completely off
devil.gif

Not great? It's not even mediocre - there's no excuse in 2011 for 20mpg. Even 30 is terrible - good modern engines (even ones with good power output) can get in the 50s without much effort.

fam, are you blind?

My point went completely over your head.

Yes, the cars I listed are expensive and rare, but the point of my words was that whatever you have, someone's always going to have something better than you. It's not just cars either.

So you got the 16GB iPhone, what if your friend pulls out his 32GB? But what do you say... that you don't need all the extra storage space? Well some people don't need the extra 2 cylinders and horsepower. Or you're rocking the Kobe Vs on the basketball court and one of the other dudes steps on with the Kobe VIs. Or you got the 44" plasma wall-mounted TV but your cousin's got the 55" TV and the blu-ray.

If it's disheartening as you said or it makes you feel bad cause what you have isn't as good or as nice as what someone else has, then you will always lose and the problem isn't that your stuff isn't as nice.

I think it's pointless that people don't buy beachfront mansions. I'd rather live under a bridge than live in a 3 bed family home. What's the point? It's not even a real house without those extra rooms.

But seriously, this topic always makes me laugh. Folks are just spouting the nonsense that their grandfather has been saying for 50 years. Most people don't even know the difference between 8 cylinders and 6 - and would rather buy some outdated iron lump than a modern engine that is more reliable, more powerful, more fuel efficient... - but it's no good because it's only got 4/5/6 cylinders.

I can understand wanting one for nostalgia reasons - or just because you like having something bigger than other people's - but don't pretend that you're doing it for a positive reason - you can't explain your actions - only justify them with crap.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

No.  I've deactivated with the button hold it on nights that I want to open it up, but I'm keeping it bone stock.
No reason to have the back end kicking out .
its goes completely off when you hold da button for more then 5 secs...then goes back to normal when you turn off da ignition, so thats always good.
naaa im talking about the key trick, holding the esp button only turns off about 70%, to totally turn it off you go to 10 mph and turn the key forward and hold it until it beeps, you will see the esp and the tire marks lights on, you will notice the power difference right away, i think it works for RT's aswell, oh and the ABS will still be on
I haven't tried this.  I may sometime down the road if I get the urge.

Why do we have so many car threads?
indifferent.gif

Its just a damn car , I wouldnt even care , I would just need something to get me from point A to point B fast , quick , and easy . Not walking , biking , bussing it .

Originally Posted by scshift

fam, are you blind?

My point went completely over your head.

Yes, the cars I listed are expensive and rare, but the point of my words was that whatever you have, someone's always going to have something better than you. It's not just cars either.

So you got the 16GB iPhone, what if your friend pulls out his 32GB? But what do you say... that you don't need all the extra storage space? Well some people don't need the extra 2 cylinders and horsepower. Or you're rocking the Kobe Vs on the basketball court and one of the other dudes steps on with the Kobe VIs. Or you got the 44" plasma wall-mounted TV but your cousin's got the 55" TV and the blu-ray.

If it's disheartening as you said or it makes you feel bad cause what you have isn't as good or as nice as what someone else has, then you will always lose and the problem isn't that your stuff isn't as nice.
no sir, you are missing my point

you don't have to sit around worrying about what other people have

but seeing your car in all it's glory at every other red light will more than help you realize you goofed

Originally Posted by kdawg

. Most people don't even know the difference between 8 cylinders and 6 - and would rather buy some outdated iron lump than a modern engine that is more reliable, more powerful, more fuel efficient... - but it's no good because it's only got 4/5/6 cylinders.
da problem with this statement is if you put a V6 or inline 6/4 NATURALLY aspirated vs a modern V8 or even classic V8 and you're just not gonna get da power from

less cylinders...that "more people dont even know" excuse is da admission that naive folks dunno anything about cars, doesn't mean that fundamental rules dont still apply.

but seeing your car in all it's glory at every other red light will more than help you realize you goofed

Maybe for you. But I would not have a problem sitting in a V6 Camaro and I see a V8 SS Camaro everywhere I go. I already posted earlier, if I was buying a muscle car, I'd buy the V8 one no matter what because I want my muscle car to have serious power.

But if I bought the V6, I personally wouldn't care. Sometimes we don't need to have the best of everything. Something as small as the fact that there are nicer cars on the road that I could have bought aren't going to make me regret my purchase. There's always a nicer version that you could own that you either didn't want/couldn't afford/just didn't need and it's not that you goofed, you chose not to buy it. It's not like you were picking out of a hat or were making an uninformed decision - people definitely cross-shop the different models and they realize they don't need/want a V8.

Once again, seeing a nicer car won't make me regret my purchase.

Originally Posted by kdawg

. Most people don't even know the difference between 8 cylinders and 6 - and would rather buy some outdated iron lump than a modern engine that is more reliable, more powerful, more fuel efficient... - but it's no good because it's only got 4/5/6 cylinders.
da problem with this statement is if you put a V6 or inline 6/4 NATURALLY aspirated vs a modern V8 or even classic V8 and you're just not gonna get da power from

less cylinders...that "more people dont even know" excuse is da admission that naive folks dunno anything about cars, doesn't mean that fundamental rules dont still apply.

Yeah, but no one is saying that you can only drive naturally aspirated cars.

There's no rule anywhere in life that you can't drive a forced induction car, unless you're at a drag race. Which most owners of said naturally aspirated cars will never go to in their lives.

Yes, you will get more power from a NA V8 as compared to a NA V6 or straight 6/4, but that's beside the point, because forced induction 6-cylinder engines are AVAILABLE for purchase.

Say me and you are both at a stoplight and we decide we want to race. You're packing a naturally aspirated V8 and I have a twin-turbo V6. The race is going to be close. I might win, you might win, depends on who nails the shifts. The point is that no one is saying that the car HAS to be naturally aspirated.

And forced induction is the future. You can get far better mileage with comparable performance. An AMS Alpha 10 tuned Nissan GTR which retains the stock Twin Turbo 3.8 liter V6 can beat a Bugatti Veyron with it's QUAD TURBO W16 in a race to 60 MPH, while having 2 to 3 times the gas mileage of the Bugatti.

Originally Posted by scshift

Maybe for you. But I would not have a problem sitting in a V6 Camaro and I see a V8 SS Camaro everywhere I go.

i know u said u wouldn't push it so this aint directed to u...but nah, i aint bout that life...i rather get a used top of da line then a new base model

Back
Top Bottom