Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by aztek67890

Originally Posted by scshift

I'm surprised no one's brought up the CTS-V yet... I'd push the hell out of a Black Diamond CTS-V 6-speed and style on all you V6 and V8 muscle car fools 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It's fast because it is supercharged, all i have to do to my charger is stroke and supercharge it and then we'll see who is styling on who
besides da CTS-V is a LS9, which is a detuned LS3 V8 engine that da corvette has, so its basically a muscle car with 3 piece suit on.
LS9 is the engine used in the corvette ZR-1, CTS-V and upcoming camaro ZL-1.
It is NOT a detuned LS3 which is found in the base corvette/ corvette grandsport/ camaro SS.
Brother, tu me haces
roll.gif

I'm surprised no one's brought up the CTS-V yet... I'd push the hell out of a Black Diamond CTS-V 6-speed and style on all you V6 and V8 muscle car fools 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It's fast because it is supercharged, all i have to do to my charger is stroke and supercharge it and then we'll see who is styling on who

It comes supercharged stock though. If you're talking about upgrades, then I'll just throw out the stock supercharger and drop in a twin turbo from Hennessey
grin.gif

But I'm not even an American car fan. How about we take it to the track and I'll use a Nissan GTR... game over
The GTR is a twin turbo super car that costs 50,000 more than my car, give me those extra 50,000 and then i'll see you at the track
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Originally Posted by ninjahood

besides da CTS-V is a LS9, which is a detuned LS3 V8 engine that da corvette has, so its basically a muscle car with 3 piece suit on.
LS9 is the engine used in the corvette ZR-1, CTS-V and upcoming camaro ZL-1.
It is NOT a detuned LS3 which is found in the base corvette/ corvette grandsport/ camaro SS.
Brother, tu me haces
roll.gif
umm yea it is, da hell is wrong with you
grin.gif
da ZR1-CTS-V is da same engine as da corvette engine with forged internals, different manifold, and a supercharger.

GM performance parts is gonna start selling da top 1/2 of da LS9 separately so anyone with a regular corvette and build a "budget" ZR1 with their existing engine, afterall its da SAME BLOCK.

Actually the ZR1 is the only car to use the LS9... the V and ZL1 use the LSA... the main difference is a smaller supercharger ...

But I'm not even an American car fan. How about we take it to the track and I'll use a Nissan GTR... game over
The GTR is a twin turbo super car that costs 50,000 more than my car, give me those extra 50,000 and then i'll see you at the track
smile.gif

$50,000 more? I'm talking about the original 2010 model, not the updated 2012 model. The first gen GTR was about $65,000 when it came out.

Take the extra $25,000 (I'm guessing your car was $40,000)... you won't be beating my GTR on the track. Maybe in a drag race, but as soon as you hit one turn, you're done. All the coilovers and brembo brakes won't change the fact that the Charger is a terrible handling car with excessive weight and uneven weight distribution.

You'd probably smoke the GTR in a quarter mile (you aren't touching it 0-60 though)... but around a track you might as well sell your car and buy a new one to compete with the Nissan.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

pimp.gif
, if thats really your view...

BUT - My comment about "being 30, and loafing off ya moms" was to that dirty *!##* Ninjahood.

How is he dirty again?

The dude dropped it a page ago
30t6p3b.gif

smile.gif

$50,000 more? I'm talking about the original 2010 model, not the updated 2012 model. The first gen GTR was about $65,000 when it came out.

Take the extra $25,000 (I'm guessing your car was $40,000)... you won't be beating my GTR on the track. Maybe in a drag race, but as soon as you hit one turn, you're done. All the coilovers and brembo brakes won't change the fact that the Charger is a terrible handling car with excessive weight and uneven weight distribution.

You'd probably smoke the GTR in a quarter mile (you aren't touching it 0-60 though)... but around a track you might as well sell your car and buy a new one to compete with the Nissan.
Smoking the GTR in the quarter mile is all I need, the charger wasn't made for cornering at high speeds, which is why it's a muscle car, the 2010 GTR was a little above 80,000, I don't even need 40,000 to beat a GTR in the Quarter mile, The GTR is an amazing machine made for cornering at high speeds and more, but your comparing it to a muscle car, two completely different sides of the car world.

pimp.gif

BUT - My comment about "being 30, and loafing off ya moms" was to that dirty *!##* Ninjahood

c'mon lil man,
laugh.gif
u driving a glorified dodge caravan with that POS SE..big and slow. dont be mad that at da truth. i live w/ my moms because im a only child and its just me and her...if i go what's she gonna do without me? i got no brothers

or sisters,  i aint married, i got no kids, i help her out in

whateva she needs, thats my heart....all you're doing is being salty that cats is tellin it what it is....im dominican duke, im paid sir, there's a reason i can blow 80k on just kicks, where's a reason i can blow challenger money on da cuban ...only reason i aint get a car is cuz

if imma buy something i dont need in NYC it DAMN SURE better be a damn monster, not that base model budget baller hertz rental mobile u pushin..and u got it on finance
laugh.gif

i've been getting money alot longer then u b sit u $*# down b, no body is gonna give u props for pushing a base model v6 muscleless car...PERIOD. i bet everyone that sees u in that cars asks u "yo where's da hemi?" that slow ether is gonna make u get rid of that @+$$
laugh.gif

da boy said he wanted to put rally stripes though
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Smoking the GTR in the quarter mile is all I need, the charger wasn't made for cornering at high speeds, which is why it's a muscle car, the 2010 GTR was a little above 80,000, I don't even need 40,000 to beat a GTR in the Quarter mile, The GTR is an amazing machine made for cornering at high speeds and more, but your comparing it to a muscle car, two completely different sides of the car world.

Oh my bad... I thought when we meant track we meant a race track... no doubt with some mods a Charger could smoke a GTR in the quarter mile.

I was talking about complete performance though, but yeah the two are unrelated.

pimp.gif

BUT - My comment about "being 30, and loafing off ya moms" was to that dirty *!##* Ninjahood.

How is he dirty again?

The dude dropped it a page ago
30t6p3b.gif
dont mind him, he's just E-thuggin, god knows that boy would get introduced to his spacious trunk and see if Dodge skimped him outta a full sized spare tire for his base model  if he ever spoke to anyone like that in person, let alone me.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif
Damb that Penastar V6 Engine is causing problems.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Although there's lots of people that wouldn't touch a V6 muscle car, there is an entire group of consumers that will.
It doesn't matter if it's based on price point or environmental awareness.  The market for these cars is there, and it's a no brainer that manufacturers
meet their needs.

Spot Rusherz, enjoy you car to the fullest.  Add rally stripes, tint, spoiler and what ever else it is that makes you happy.
For those that don't know, the 2010 V6 challenger was the first trim level to have rally stripes.  So putting them on the 2011 is only keeping tradition

Ninja, keep saving your money until you really do need a car.  A lot of NTers just don't understand what a huge waste of money a car would be in NY.
I hope I'm still around NT to see your post about your new muscle car pickup once you decide to relocate from Da Heightz.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

car is big for nothing 
laugh.gif

you'd get clowned in detroit for that v6 ...engines are taken seriously here.
dudes get called out at stop lights ALL the time here, mash out on you in front of 
your girl to show your engine is buns 
laugh.gif
y would i EVER be in detroit... though?

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

car is big for nothing 
laugh.gif

you'd get clowned in detroit for that v6 ...engines are taken seriously here.
dudes get called out at stop lights ALL the time here, mash out on you in front of 
your girl to show your engine is buns 
laugh.gif
y would i EVER be in detroit... though?
Drugs, suicide, or murder is all I can think of.
Well back to the topic, I'm in the market for a ride and wanna know should I go with:

09 Challenger r/t or a 2005-2009 Mustang GT?  
nerd.gif

Been a mustang fan my whole life but the challengers are just 
pimp.gif

^Challenger. I don't like Mustangs.

if he said 2010 5.0 tang' i'd go in that direction..they made da GT really good year..lots of healthy revisions.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Actually the ZR1 is the only car to use the LS9... the V and ZL1 use the LSA... the main difference is a smaller supercharger ...

Thanks for the correction, you are absolutely right.  My point is an LS9  is not a DETUNED LS3 as mr ninjahood said.

Back
Top Bottom