Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Understand What The #@+% Wu-Tang is talking about???

As a 19 year old kid from the suburbs of Northern California, I have tried time and time again to listen to the Wu-Tang Clan; I really do enjoy their music (the songs that I can understand). There are times though, which seems to be more often than not, when I just have no idea what the hell they are talking about; like they're speaking another language. I don't know if it's some weird Staten Island dialect that I just can't comprehend or what, but its like they're just putting random words together at times.

laugh.gif
Please tell me I'm not alone, NT.

As a 19 year old kid from the suburbs of Northern California, I have tried time and time again to listen to the Wu-Tang Clan; I really do enjoy their music (the songs that I can understand). There are times though, which seems to be more often than not, when I just have no idea what the hell they are talking about; like they're speaking another language. I don't know if it's some weird Staten Island dialect that I just can't comprehend or what, but its like they're just putting random words together at times.

laugh.gif

Raises hand

You're not alone.

NOBODY knows what they're talking about, people just listen and formulate their own opinions on it. Then they preach it as the gospel.

Raises hand

You're not alone.

NOBODY knows what they're talking about, people just listen and formulate their own opinions on it. Then they preach it as the gospel.

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

Raises hand

You're not alone.

Also raises hand.

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

Raises hand

You're not alone.

Also raises hand.

laugh.gif
Yeah it's kinda what SoHi said up there.You have to be somewhat familiar with 5% teachings/lessons etc.

laugh.gif
Yeah it's kinda what SoHi said up there.You have to be somewhat familiar with 5% teachings/lessons etc.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

laugh.gif
This

them ++#$!+ speak in that super deep NY 5% street code slang lingo
they some smart well cultured borthes that make grimey eastcoast hood music
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

laugh.gif
This

them ++#$!+ speak in that super deep NY 5% street code slang lingo
they some smart well cultured borthes that make grimey eastcoast hood music
pimp.gif

Yea, once you know the lingo that the nation  of the gods and earth use, you'll finally understand why the Wu-Tang is so respected.

Yea, once you know the lingo that the nation  of the gods and earth use, you'll finally understand why the Wu-Tang is so respected.

Didnt realize they were hard to understand.

Never had any trouble deciphering their lyrics.

What exactly don't y'all get?

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Word is bond.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Word is bond.

Back
Top Bottom