Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Understand What The #@+% Wu-Tang is talking about???

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

As a 19 year old kid from the suburbs of Northern California, I have tried time and time again to listen to the Wu-Tang Clan; I really do enjoy their music (the songs that I can understand). There are times though, which seems to be more often than not, when I just have no idea what the hell they are talking about; like they're speaking another language. I don't know if it's some weird Staten Island dialect that I just can't comprehend or what, but its like they're just putting random words together at times.

laugh.gif
Please tell me I'm not alone, NT.

FINALLY someone on NT addresses this. I swear I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

As a 19 year old kid from the suburbs of Northern California, I have tried time and time again to listen to the Wu-Tang Clan; I really do enjoy their music (the songs that I can understand). There are times though, which seems to be more often than not, when I just have no idea what the hell they are talking about; like they're speaking another language. I don't know if it's some weird Staten Island dialect that I just can't comprehend or what, but its like they're just putting random words together at times.

laugh.gif
Please tell me I'm not alone, NT.

FINALLY someone on NT addresses this. I swear I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Yo! OP! I pucks' wit' you man! (No Marc Jacobs).

I thought it was just me!
laugh.gif

I have no idea what. Raekwon, Ghostface & RZA be talkin' about. Throw in U-God, GZA & Cappadonna too...

I jus' mess wit' dem' cause their voices over their ill beats is Hip-Hop at it's finest
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo! OP! I pucks' wit' you man! (No Marc Jacobs).

I thought it was just me!
laugh.gif

I have no idea what. Raekwon, Ghostface & RZA be talkin' about. Throw in U-God, GZA & Cappadonna too...

I jus' mess wit' dem' cause their voices over their ill beats is Hip-Hop at it's finest
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the WU...
their whole "Speil/shtick/gimmick" was to use the wildest metaphors and lyrics known to man. they make sense, but you gotta think.
thats what made their dual layered and thus successful.
they're gutter, somethings you get straight off and it dope, and some of it just sounds good even though you may not understand
then theyre kinda smart and you can break down their flows if you wanted to their most basic level.
but when u break down the lines, they're no different than any other coke rap.
i used to rock with them, but i figured out they aint talkin bout nothin.
i mean, i cant listen to rappers who used to smoke crack.

"crack and weed used to make my eyes bleed"- Raekwon

no no no buddy.

the WU...
their whole "Speil/shtick/gimmick" was to use the wildest metaphors and lyrics known to man. they make sense, but you gotta think.
thats what made their dual layered and thus successful.
they're gutter, somethings you get straight off and it dope, and some of it just sounds good even though you may not understand
then theyre kinda smart and you can break down their flows if you wanted to their most basic level.
but when u break down the lines, they're no different than any other coke rap.
i used to rock with them, but i figured out they aint talkin bout nothin.
i mean, i cant listen to rappers who used to smoke crack.

"crack and weed used to make my eyes bleed"- Raekwon

no no no buddy.

If you really want to understand them better, RZA's 1st book, "The Wu-Tang Manual", is a good place to start... Other than that, you could just post specific lyrics that don't make sense to you and others can try to explain

If you really want to understand them better, RZA's 1st book, "The Wu-Tang Manual", is a good place to start... Other than that, you could just post specific lyrics that don't make sense to you and others can try to explain

the wu is coming through, the outcome is critical
%!!*#@# with my style is sorta like a miracle
on 34th street in the square of herald
i gamed ella, the !%%+% caught a fitz like gerald

pimp.gif

the wu is coming through, the outcome is critical
%!!*#@# with my style is sorta like a miracle
on 34th street in the square of herald
i gamed ella, the !%%+% caught a fitz like gerald

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom