AM1 Medal Pack revisited... no mesh on the blk/gold???

mad.gif

RTEmagicC_nike_am1_medal.jpg.jpg

My God, this obsession with mesh is getting ridiculous. I prefer mesh myself but it's not a make or break type of thing and in some cases I preferleather. Years back even the most disgruntled old Nike fans like AirRev wouldn't complain and even purchase some leather models.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

My God, this obsession with mesh is getting ridiculous. I prefer mesh myself but it's not a make or break type of thing and in some cases I prefer leather. Years back even the most disgruntled old Nike fans like AirRev wouldn't complain and even purchase some leather models.
Relax, it's not an obsession either. Most of us who are into runners prefer mesh over leather. The only thing that is ridiculous is you coming inhere feeling the need to point out a "mesh obsession".
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

My God, this obsession with mesh is getting ridiculous. I prefer mesh myself but it's not a make or break type of thing and in some cases I prefer leather. Years back even the most disgruntled old Nike fans like AirRev wouldn't complain and even purchase some leather models.
Relax, it's not an obsession either. Most of us who are into runners prefer mesh over leather. The only thing that is ridiculous is you coming in here feeling the need to point out a "mesh obsession".
eyes.gif

I'm not knocking anyone for preferring mesh over leather, like I said I prefer mesh myself. What I find funny is that people who weren't even bornwhen the AM1 was released have suddenly become mesh snobs, something typically reserved for those who grew up with the model. It's become a recent trendto pout about leather.

Relax, it's not an obsession either. Most of us who are into runners prefer mesh over leather. The only thing that is ridiculous is you coming in here feeling the need to point out a "mesh obsession".
eyes.gif

I'm not knocking anyone for preferring mesh over leather, like I said I prefer mesh myself. What I find funny is that people who weren't even born when the AM1 was released have suddenly become mesh snobs, something typically reserved for those who grew up with the model. It's become a recent trend to pout about leather.
That still doesn't hold weight. True we may have some new jacks that weren't around when the original AM 1 released, but how does that have anybearing on what someone prefers in materials. That comes off like an elitist, something this board can easily do without.

That still doesn't hold weight. True we may have some new jacks that weren't around when the original AM 1 released, but how does that have any bearing on what someone prefers in materials. That comes off like an elitist, something this board can easily do without.
Elitist? I'm simply pointing out that it's become a trend and therefore people are not thinking completely on their own. Insteadthey're being influenced on the consensus of what NT sees as acceptable, particularly by what the AM "experts" think. I'm not sayingI'm above being influenced by trends myself, everyone has at some point. I'm just making an observation.

just to reiterate what everyone else has said........there has NEVER been mesh on these.....the gold does look a lil different but they arestill
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
Actually, IMO, it is kind of ridiculous for every thread about a pair of Air Maxes to be 3 pages about whether or not the sneaker has a mesh toebox.

Women's Grape AM1's are no less beautiful because they are leather. And lately, there has been an over-the-top obsession with mesh on Air Maxes.

We all prefer it. I get it.

im going to agree with Jagshemash , this is something ive felt like pointing out time after time as well. like he said, i too prefer mesh, but the generalconsensus on this board by the overnight air max fans is "mesh, or no go" which has just ballooned out of control, its definitely been the cool thingto harp on for the last year thats for sure and it gets a little annoying. Like illphillip said, most of us prefer mesh, i get it. Colorways make or break anair max to me way before anything else. I really wish the entire obsession with air maxes all together would die down. Dont most people have some countdownpacks to cop or something, its sickening to watch the prices that older Air maxes fetch in my size range these days, sometimes its the same shoe that waslittered in the outlets not but a few years ago.

What also gets me with nike leather, is a majority of the time it is synthetic leather.

I do agree with that color combos matter first then materials. But bad materials can really screw up the best color combo

what i miss most on AM1 & AM90 is a suede base. it seems like forever since they have released ones. Sorry just felt like posting that.

Mesh will always get love from me and be my preference, but don't be fooled--there are a gang of ill Air Max that have a leather toebox. Matter of fact,some of the dopest older Air Max are all leather.

Personally, I'm kinda glad everyone has ODed on the mesh love. That just means when a leather-toed AM drops, they're cheaper and easier to get.

My bad... I thought from the earlier pics and comments that the toe box was mesh... I love my Hufs, Vios, Cements and:

313388885.jpg

I just like mesh in the summer... I was thinking along the lines of summer games... whatever.

I was thinking of getting all 3 ...but ima pass....mesh is nice and all but where is all the leather toebox love?!? the black/golds would make beautiful rainshoes!!!!

They never had mesh on toe boxes. Actually none of them (Gold, Silver, nor Bronze). It's perforated leather, like on the latest HUF AM1. They DO look nice.

Paix
c.

More detailed shots from TheClones.fr

nike-medal-1.jpg

Nike does not slow down. After series of very promising releases another gem is on the horizon. The so called Medal Pack is the set of three Air Max 1's with accents corresponding with colors of medals received winners at the sporting events. We will have as follows Golden, Silver and Bronze kicks.

Note to potential buyers all of the colorways have perforated leather toe boxes (not the beloved mesh), but they still do look great. Believe us. Coming soon to the best retailers in your area.

http://www.Nike.com

nike-medal-2.jpg

nike-medal-4.jpg

nike-medal-5.jpg

nike-medal-6.jpg

nike-medal-7.jpg

nike-medal-8.jpg

Sign me up for Gold and Bronze
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Paix