America remaking foreign films UNAPPRECIATION

Especially the recent ones, One missed Call, The Eye, Shutter (haven't seen the American one yet but did see the thai version)

They all were so terrible, if they're going to remake it at least make it better than the OG. But the exceptions are The Ring & The Grudge.

How do you guys feel about it.

Oh thanks for reminding me DoubleJ's

Edit. My fault

Infernal Affairs was way better than The Departed

don't watch foreign films too much, so I enjoy the American product....word to the Departed

i.e. the departed, it goes to show you its easy to make money in america, just copy and paste a successful idea in another country to america.

Not to beat a dead horse, but my roommates and I watched Infernal Affairs about 9 months before the Departed came out and after watching the Departed we kindof just left the theatre in silence.
Two hours later we just kinda look at each other like "How is this movie in any way as good or better than IA?"

I thought Ring 1 (American) was good. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a superior American remake. But truth be told, the American remakesare ok for what they are.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

The OG Departed was so much better than the American one

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on Niketalk .. It's not even a subjective opinion, the US version is significantly better thanthe original.

^ Isn't it called Infernal Affairs? I've seen both but I liked the American version better due to its length. Unlike Infernal Affairs which runs for 6hours long. Also it's by Scorsese so cmon...
wink.gif

america's formula for remaking films:
add more violence
add more gore
add more boobies

internal affairs > the departed

I saw a trailer for the remake of My Sassy Girl, a remake of the Korean film...

sigh..it looks terrible.

i watched both, i think the departed wins partly because it is shorter than the ia movies

how's a remake gonna be worse than wut it's based on tho.

originality in american movies is no different than the stagnant state of the music industry...

Hollywood: when in doubt remake something (i.e. an 80s TV show or foreign film)
Music Industry: when in doubt throw a cheesy sample in it (i.e. Wiz Khalifa -- Say Yeah)

Originally Posted by yarrh

i watched both, i think the departed wins partly because it is shorter than the ia movies

how's a remake gonna be worse than wut it's based on tho.

Remakes can easily be lost in translation and I don't necessarily mean because of the language/culture but look at all the American movies that havebeen remade. They lose the feel of the OG one, bad casting, different locations, take all of that into account. Just because it's an updated version of afilm with new technology doesn't mean it's going to be better. I'm looking forward to funny games though.

Back
Top Bottom