American Gods (STARZ) Thread

Is the book as vague on details as the show is in the beginning?
Yeah, I had a lot of questions when I began reading the book. But Gaiman does a great job telling the story and how everything connects. 

I'm glad I finally read the book.

I need them sound effects for Bilquist's orgies
roll.gif

Late as hell, but this show is absolutely incredible. I feel like I could watch all the episodes again right now and I just finished them.
I've spread my praise far and wide, from this thread to NETFLIX to Movie thread to off NT even....nobody warned me of the Greatness I was missing so, I've done my part in order to prevent future sleepers.....

I can't wait to go back and read the thread, but for now I'm on ep2, the rewatch

Last edited:
Man that first scene of her had me scootin' back from my tv. Scared me a lil bit, still intrigued tho.

I kept asking myself (after finishing the Season) why it was titled American Gods, when none of these Gods are American Gods by origin.

Man this show is so deep and dope.
I'm on episode 7 of my rewatch, and I just got the answer to my question "why American Gods as the name".....what I'm noticing now is every episode starts out with a story written by the undertaker with the caption "Coming to America"

So, all these GODs were brought into American culture by way of immigrants :wow:

Such a cool way to unfold this story man.
Simply perfection, man.

I've spread my praise far and wide, from this thread to NETFLIX to Movie thread to off NT even....nobody warned me of the Greatness I was missing so, I've done my part in order to prevent future sleepers.....

I can't wait to go back and read the thread, but for now I'm on ep2, the rewatch
Me too,I recommend it and the book to everybody who doesn't know.

I kept asking myself (after finishing the Season) why it was titled American Gods, when none of these Gods are American Gods by origin.

I'm on episode 7 of my rewatch, and I just got the answer to my question "why American Gods as the name".....what I'm noticing now is every episode starts out with a story written by the undertaker with the caption "Coming to America"

So, all these GODs were brought into American culture by way of immigrants
eek.gif

Simply perfection, man.
Yeah, definitely a cool concept to build a story on.

So, all these GODs were brought into American culture by way of immigrants :wow:

Simply perfection, man.

Yep, the "coming to America" parts of the show really makes this show awesome. Folks complain that it isn't "pushing" the main story but I beg to differ it builds the characters that you see every episode. I wish it was 10 episodes. Still hunting for that audiobook.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Yep, the "coming to America" parts of the show really makes this show awesome. Folks complain that it isn't "pushing" the main story but I beg to differ it builds the characters that you see every episode. I wish it was 10 episodes. Still hunting for that audiobook.
It completely pushes the main story.

Those intros matter.

I wish it were 13 episodes 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
this show shouldve had a longer season.

its like they wasted an entire season introducing half the characters.

Simply perfection, man.

People complain about that? It's essential to the story and downright cool.

Yeah the amount of people whining about it on /r/americangods was unbelievable. Every episode had to advance the main story or it was 'boring' and 'filler'. Can't please everyone I guess.

Yeah the amount of people whining about it on /r/americangods was unbelievable. Every episode had to advance the main story or it was 'boring' and 'filler'. Can't please everyone I guess.

Wow. That's very strange to me. I find it hard to see the point of view that sees any of the episodes as filler or boring. To me, every episode was so LIT that I couldn't really take it all in at once. My mind was blown the entire time trying to comprehend the visuals, the plot, and the hidden meanings behind it all. To each their own I guess :lol:

Back
Top Bottom