Anderson .PAAK - MALIBU VOL. ...the funk lives on.

$EA$ON$ Change

formerly adrift
View media item 1875536
This album just dropped and it's really good IMO. Has a lot of funk/soul/R&B vibes in it and it is well produced & written.

A few songs off the album before you decide if you want to listen.

Here's a mixtape from his soundcloud:

Enjoy & tell me what you think. :pimp:

This dude had a great 2015 :pimp:,his style is unique and he always has a great ear for beats. Didn't know he had an album dropping, gonna try to give it a listen.

Been playing this heavy last couple of days.

I used to peep him out early in his Soundcloud days but its been great to see his progression and coming into his own on this album.

pimp.gif
 diggin the album 

Glad folks are checking dude out. His sound is "refreshing" to me and the funk basslines make me want to get up and dance lol.

Great album from beginning to the end. My favorite track so far is "Without You" with Rapsody.

Will check out solely based on production and features, cause I can't stand dudes voice, as he was a huge detriment to the Compton album.

Who produced "Light Weight"?

I took my headphones off and walked out of the room. That beat is TOO FUNKY!

Great album and a well done production. The vocals goes well with the old school funk 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Not a bad album at all. Really nice production that I can describe as smooth, funky, and soulful all wrapped up in one. Not sure what made him sound so cool on here, but absolutely brutal on Compton, and passable at best on Documentary 2, but whatever it is, it works.

Gave this a listen on the way home today and got up to Celebrate. Strong co-sign to all of the comments in here; funky as hell and very nice.

Dude clearly works best within his own realm because like Peep said, I'm not a fan of him at all on pretty much everything I had heard previously.

Just talked to my boy at Rap radar, he is their next podcast which should be out today. This will def be great promotion for this project.

Here's his performance on Colbert. I invite you to check out 1:47 of the vid and NOT be impressed..

never paid dude no mind, but he merked that something serious.

@ the end, Colbert didn't know weather to reciprocate or press charges.

Last edited:
Lowkey,this has probably been my album of the year so far...

Along with that Adrian Younge album

Last edited:
This joint is super wavy! I've been bumping it heavy the last few days. I'm gonna check out his older stuff off the strength of this album.

I just played this last night. This is a real good album. This and BJ's album are good looks for R&B. Most of features were good to me. Animals was probably my favorite song on Compton and he killed Magnus Carlsen on Game's album.

Last edited:
he's the truth and has the right vocal tone to make some noise... I'm curious to hear what the future brings for this dude 

Really like the album from front to back. Between the Hiatus Kaiyote sample and that Colbert performance.. I'm a fan.

He'll be at the Broccoli City Festival. I'm in there.

Back
Top Bottom