Anderson .PAAK - MALIBU VOL. ...the funk lives on.

"6 years old I tried my first pair of Jordan's on." I have to see this dude in concert. Kind of feels like this era's D'Angelo.

giphy.gif

Gonna listen to this album tomorrow. One of my favorite musicians produced a track on here so I gotta listen.

Started listening today and I can tell this project has a lot of layers to it. I think its gonna be dope overall.

Paak is the truth man. I’ve been telling people for a while now. I’m not sure how I feel about Oxnard yet tbh. I have to listen a few more times. The mix is great and I really like the track with snoop reminiscing about g funk lol. I do feel like Dre pulled him away from his vibe a little bit but maybe that’s what they were going for

Oxnard is really good

Trippy, Anywhere, and Cheers getting heavy play

Who wrote Dre's verse on Mansa Musa? :lol: :nerd:

Did not mind the amount of rap features on this at all especially since AP goes from rapping to singing himself.

The tidal interview was really dope..humble cat who stays true to his roots..heard bruno wrote da hook fa joint wit snoop :lol:

This album is all over the place. Couple good tracks (Anywhere, Smile/Petty) but nowhere near Malibu-good.

Love Paak but he took a couple steps back imo.

Dre's influence/input wasn't needed.

Yeah you can tell Dre played a huge part in this. It jams, just not what I expected. I dig the second half a lot...7-13.

I tossed this on the album...
Expected an album full of this type of ish

I remember him saying this was old and in the vault but apple gave him a bag for it. I need more of that from him.

I agree with Dre being involved too much. Some of those tracks were him telling paak “yo, nah homie do it this way”, like on petty at 3 min. You know damn well that isn’t his flow that’s that Dre influence lol

Back
Top Bottom