Antoine Walker: A Cautionary Tale

Toine
smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

ppl dont understand..ppl like toine and other athletes and stars that blow their money come from poor backgrounds..they grow up dreaming of gold..diamonds..h0z...foreign whips...and they feel 'guilty' that they made it..rather than their brothers or close friends that watched them grow up..so they feel indebted to make sure they experience the same life he has..im not justifying antoines actions...just shedding light

There are hundreds of athletes that came from situations just as bad if not worse than Antoines, and most of them aren't in the same predicament. What yousaid is true, especially the guilt part but from the outside looking, Antoine just comes off as weak.

Sound like he was supporting a lot of folks, but he would've still been good if it wasn't for the gambling. Thats probably how he loss the majority ofit. He better start selling houses, cars and then head to Europe for that tax-free money.

Well to be fair after taxes and agents dues and other fees the real amount he prolly earned was probably closer to 45-60 mill. still no excuse to blow throughall that money cot damn!

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

$110 million? Son, are you effing kidding me?

Look, you'd be set, living luxuriously for the rest of your life with $15 - $20 mil and no investments. I could make it work with $10 mil. I understand he was taking care of his people, but that obviously ends miles ahead of 70+ people.

Sympathy?
laugh.gif
I could live just off of 500k by myself
laugh.gif

smh.gif
Toine... man i can still picture this dude jacking up a three 10 feet past the line then doing the wiggle down the court
laugh.gif

He didn't blow through 110 million. After taxes, agent fees, manager fees, ect. He probably saw around 45-55 million. But still. How do you blow throughthat much money.

No sympathy at all for dudes like this. If funny to me. How do you throw away 110 Million like that??? Idiot, clown, fool, dummy smh.. Other things I wana saybut I don't wanna get banned.

his best bet is to try to go overseas for a few years then live off his pension....

i just recently read a similar story about kenny anderson

smh.gif
I don't understand how dudes burn through this much money. I always feel sorry for these dudes because it's like they worked so hard to make it outof a bad situation, and then they find themselves right back in the same predicament.

Originally Posted by jordan vs magic

No sympathy at all for dudes like this. If funny to me. How do you throw away 110 Million like that??? Idiot, clown, fool, dummy smh.. Other things I wana say but I don't wanna get banned.
wow....this warrants comments that could get you banned?
grin.gif

I know 'Toine takes care of his peeps, he actually looked out for me once, I am cool with one of the people who hesupported and he left us tickets at the will-call booth at Arco Arena when they played the Kings. We talked to him after the game, he is a cool dudeall-around, but as evidenced he made some bad finacial decisions. But it is true, anytime my boy needed anything...be it rent or phone bill money...he'dhit Toine up and voila it was taken care of.

And oh...to the dudes in here saying that you don't feel sorry for him, who ever asked for your sympathy? The article ismerely shedding light on how he blew his fortune.
laugh.gif
@ dudes typing allhard and getting heated feeling all righteous and stuff.

Originally Posted by Informerx

Believe it or not, as of last season Eddy Curry was living paycheck to paycheck.
laugh.gif
how??? this dude has been in the league for a minutebumming it up!!!

Toine story is becoming a dime a dozen...I swear this dude use to infuriate me when I watched him play!

Back
Top Bottom