Any Lana Del Rey fans in here?

I've been listening to this song a lot lately. Any artists similar to her that I should be checking for?

Video Games is
pimp.gif

I've tried to listen and I can really get into her voice. I find her style unique and dope but that voice is eh.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I've tried to listen and I can really get into her voice. I find her style unique and dope but that voice is eh.

This. It's like she's completely ready to blow up, finished brand, name, affect, got complete backing because she's looks the indie superstar part, but the talent isn't there to me. I don't wanna say she's all hype, cuz it's not sellout music, but she's got absolutely everything going for her except the voice
...and she's a singer.
30t6p3b.gif

I seen perform at work, she can sing well enough but she got that star aura so people are going to f' with her.

She just got a charm about her, came out in her lil frilly dress walking around the stage like she tip toeing on clouds
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah i think shes ready to blow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

This. It's like she's completely ready to blow up, finished brand, name, affect, got complete backing because she's looks the indie superstar part, but the talent isn't there to me. I don't wanna say she's all hype, cuz it's not sellout music, but she's got absolutely everything going for her except the voice
...and she's a singer.
30t6p3b.gif
What do you mean it's not "sellout music"? She is making pop music on a major label, how is that not sellout music?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

...and she's a singer.
30t6p3b.gif
Are you saying you're just not liking the literal tone, style and sound of her voice or that you don't think she can sing very well? There's a difference there.

Saw her live in NYC and I liked her. (My pics here if you wanna check them out).

She seemed a bit uncomfortable on stage...I would guess because she's not used to playing live quite yet...but she brought a unique energy.

her music is great but she seems kind of fake. that's just the feeling i got from her complex.com interview.

Originally Posted by WantThemAll

her music is great but she seems kind of fake. that's just the feeling i got from her complex.com interview.

Lol there's been some back and forth on this issue since summer. I feel like she's playing a role, but I ain't mad at her for it....if that's how she wants to market herself, so be it. Everybody has a character that they portray in music/entertainment. Aside from that, I like what I've heard from her so far.

My buddy wnet to her show at Club Nokia here in L.A. the other night.
His opinion was that she was absolutely terrible.
On par with Rolling Stone's review of her New York show.

-J-

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Lol there's been some back and forth on this issue since summer. I feel like she's playing a role, but I ain't mad at her for it....if that's how she wants to market herself, so be it. Everybody has a character that they portray in music/entertainment. Aside from that, I like what I've heard from her so far.
Exactly. People need to realize how many times artists re-invent themselves before breaking out. Sometimes that re-invention is being true to yourself instead of fitting the mold. Sometimes it's the opposite.
People are praising The Weeknd right now, but he went through a bunch of corny/generic phases before he got to the status he's at right now with consumers.

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Exactly. People need to realize how many times artists re-invent themselves before breaking out. Sometimes that re-invention is being true to yourself instead of fitting the mold. Sometimes it's the opposite.
People are praising The Weeknd right now, but he went through a bunch of corny/generic phases before he got to the status he's at right now with consumers.
That's honestly only scratching the surface of why there was the LDR "controversy". It's not just because she decided to re-brand.

I understand why people care about the image portrayed by certain artists but, honestly to me, the only thing important is the music. They could pretend to be whoever they want as long as the music is still authentic and still good. Did LDR get plastic surgery? Did she reinvent herself into something she maybe isn't? I really could not care less about any of those issues. The same goes for The Weeknd.

pimp.gif

She's real good.

If you want similar artists, I'd probably say listen to past artists (50's/60's/70's) haha.

Man, I've been hearing so much about her. Like I thought it was just the hipster kids being typical hipster kids claiming she isn't a true hipster or whatever.
I really like her voice though

Not sure if you guys heard, but she will be the singer on SNL two weeks before her album comes out. The Interscope hype machine is winning.

Back
Top Bottom